The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF PLASTERMAN WINS

4 posters

Go down

IF PLASTERMAN WINS Empty IF PLASTERMAN WINS

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:21 pm

I am in the minority in that I don't think it is very farfetched. Let us posit that Antonio Margarito gets off the floor to batter Manny Pacquiao so badly that Freddie Roach stops the fight after nine rounds.

Does it change your mind on whether Margarito loaded against Cotto?
Does it damage Manny's legacy?
What likely was the primary cause of the outcome? Size or something else?
Does it mean Manny is on his way out?
What is the logical next fight for each man?

Back to top Go down

IF PLASTERMAN WINS Empty Re: IF PLASTERMAN WINS

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:23 pm

IF he wins?
HMMM
1. I will sit in my seat at Dallas Cowboys stadium crying.
2. Then I would hope Manny retires or fights JMM.
3. Margo needs to go after Floyd because he would kill him.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:51 pm

If Margo beats Pac, IMO that's a huge negative reflection on Pac more than anything. There's no reason to think that Margo loaded his gloves for the first time when he got caught; it's much more likely he'd been doing that all along.

So if he does win (which I doubt) to me that's an indictment of Manny first, and a reflection of the size discrepancy second. Either way a loss here should mean Manny either needs to go back down in weight or seriously think about hanging 'em up.

Obviously the next big fight for either man if Floyd, but who knows what happens there?
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Does it change your mind on whether Margarito loaded against Cotto?
Ill never know, its always going to be a question for me until I hear from Capetillo

Does it damage Manny's legacy?
Not IMO, he bit off more than he could chew against a larger man

What likely was the primary cause of the outcome? Size or something else?
Size, its at a catch weight of 150. That isnt helping out the former Jr WW-Lightweight-Featherweight

Does it mean Manny is on his way out?
No, still love to see him and Flod hook up

What is the logical next fight for each man?
For the TJ Turd, Cotto rematch at 154
Pac still has options - JMM trilogy, Bradley-Alexander winner, Mosley/Floyd at 147
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 pm

marble you already know my thoughts on margo reference loaded gloves.im in the minority if was the first time..if manny loses it means his run has been exhausted fighting bigger guys.his legacy does not suffer..go back and fight the winner of bradley alexander at 144 for your strap..this makes a huge matchup of cotto-margo 2 in dallas for a unification fight..floyd is left out to dry..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:marble you already know my thoughts on margo reference loaded gloves.im in the minority if was the first time..if manny loses it means his run has been exhausted fighting bigger guys.his legacy does not suffer..go back and fight the winner of bradley alexander at 144 for your strap..this makes a huge matchup of cotto-margo 2 in dallas for a unification fight..floyd is left out to dry..
I love all this dallas talk. I actually get to go to those fights. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:12 pm

the outcome is a combo of size and margos body punching a manny pac weakness..yes he bit of more then he can chew..this all hinges on 1.margos not washed up as reports state hes looking good.2.manny looking so so in camp also.every time i see margos face i see confidence in it..no doubt no fear of losing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:14 pm

dmar5143 wrote:the outcome is a combo of size and margos body punching a manny pac weakness..yes he bit of more then he can chew..this all hinges on 1.margos not washed up as reports state hes looking good.2.manny looking so so in camp also.every time i see margos face i see confidence in it..no doubt no fear of losing.
I see this fight going just like Roach said it would. By KO in round 7.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:23 pm

sooner i hope your right.that was a anser to marbles question or one of them giving reasons for the outcome if margo wins.i think marble and i are struggling with the same thing..we visualize the margo of old yet wonder what margo will show up..the old one for a last harrah or the resent one..i sure dont know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner i hope your right.that was a anser to marbles question or one of them giving reasons for the outcome if margo wins.i think marble and i are struggling with the same thing..we visualize the margo of old yet wonder what margo will show up..the old one for a last harrah or the resent one..i sure dont know.
But was the margo of old using plaster as well?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:33 pm

i dont want to get into a debate over that..i wrote a huge post on that on ninja after watching the california hearings for several hours..i feel it was just one time...others may think differnt i just dont..
is anyone blasting toney or hollifield or the K brothers for using peds steroids.nope.just margo and pac yet noo evidence anywhere on pac...

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:35 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i dont want to get into a debate over that..i wrote a huge post on that on ninja after watching the california hearings for several hours..i feel it was just one time...others may think differnt i just dont..
is anyone blasting toney or hollifield or the K brothers for using peds steroids.nope.just margo and pac yet noo evidence anywhere on pac...
I hear yeah. But that question is always going to be in the back of peoples minds. Also did the article come up for you?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 pm

no it didnt.lol i must be doing something wrong..i do see a scrolling of our threads or topics.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Marble-you are in the minority but you aren't alone. Margarito can win and there is a clear path to doing so: get to the body, land the uppercut, and keep the pressure on Pac. If Margarito isn't shot and was just struggling getting to 147 for the Mosley fight, then we have one hell of a brawl coming!!!!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 pm

dmar5143 wrote:no it didnt.lol i must be doing something wrong..i do see a scrolling of our threads or topics.
Shit. On my screen it has it. HMMM let me try something. Check on it in about 5 min.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:46 pm

OK give it a try now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:47 pm

captainanddew wrote:Marble-you are in the minority but you aren't alone. Margarito can win and there is a clear path to doing so: get to the body, land the uppercut, and keep the pressure on Pac. If Margarito isn't shot and was just struggling getting to 147 for the Mosley fight, then we have one hell of a brawl coming!!!!

You hit the key point "If Margo isn't shot."

I have no clue who he is at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:OK give it a try now.

May I make a suggestion? Keep the site as simple as possible. Keep ALL our boxing stuff together. Our group is small enough (at least for now) that there is no reason to add complexity and make people hunt for things.

One of the things I like about ESPN is by scrolling I could find everything.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:49 pm

sooner it worked.thank you for the honor.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:51 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:OK give it a try now.

May I make a suggestion? Keep the site as simple as possible. Keep ALL our boxing stuff together. Our group is small enough (at least for now) that there is no reason to add complexity and make people hunt for things.

One of the things I like about ESPN is by scrolling I could find everything.
Nah it is just for us. I put up a boxing news page that I put up an article by Dmar. If we end up not liking it I will get rid of it. Hey this forum is for us as a group. I go the way of the group.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down