The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight

2 posters

Go down

Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight Empty Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Former champion Michael Katsidis is trying to stage his next fight in Australia in mid to late August. The boxer has not fought in the country in five years. Katsidis' team was trying to secure IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez as the opponent. Vasquez's last win was over another Australian boxer, Lenny Zappavigna, which took place on the Miguel Cotto-Ricardo Mayorga undercard in March. Vazquez and his team are not interested in facing Katsidis, telling the Aussie's team they don't have the cash to make it possible.

"The response was an expected one from the team," Katsidis' trainer and manager Brendon Smith said to AAP. "'We don't believe Australia can afford our guy' was the basis of their response. Maybe they should check the Aussie dollar versus the US, before ruling the fight out on the basis of money. We know and they know Michael is a dangerous fight, and we believe that is closer to the reason they won't come down under."

http://www.boxingscene.com/miguel-vazquez-rejects-michael-katsidis-fight-advances--39423

Back to top Go down

Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight Empty Re: Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 3:25 pm

blah blah blah blah..again the new excuse in not fighting today is money..yeah katsidis wanted you to fight for free huh.

Back to top Go down

Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight Empty Re: Miguel Vasquez turns down Michael Katsidis fight

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat May 21, 2011 3:30 pm

dmar5143 wrote:blah blah blah blah..again the new excuse in not fighting today is money..yeah katsidis wanted you to fight for free huh.

LOL, I don't think I'd go to Australia either to fight if I didn't need to. Katsides should fight a wallaby (A Kangaroo is out of his weight class).
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Australia's got a hunger for the fight game right now, Danny Green's able to lure over faded stars and the UFC's are selling out fast.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat May 21, 2011 5:53 pm

I have to assume that Vasquez's team at least entertained the idea.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down