The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ?

+7
Soonermark890
UBeeg9cats
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
Frank
Diego408
gomez1012
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ? Empty Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ?

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Rich (Bristol)
Besides getting keys to cities, whats next for Ortiz?

Dan Rafael
(2:08 PM)
There is still some underlying chatter about a Mayweather fight in the fall. I asked Richard Schaefer about it last night and he said he didn't want to talk about it. I would say something may be brewing, but by no means are we close to anything serious yet.

Back to top Go down

Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ? Empty Re: Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ?

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Wouldnt Floyd just get ripped apart for fighting Ortiz?

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ? Empty Re: Is Ortiz vs Mayweather being discussed ?

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 4:30 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Wouldnt Floyd just get ripped apart for fighting Ortiz?

Probably, but I really don't think Floyd cares at all what people think about him.

Personally I like the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri May 20, 2011 4:32 pm

It would be a good fight. Im pretty sure GBP have discussed it, but I dont think they can get Floyd interested in it.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 4:36 pm

I dont mind the fight, just disappointing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 20, 2011 4:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I dont mind the fight, just disappointing

There isn't much else out there for Floyd.

Pac vs Marquez III is done, Cotto's looking at Chavez Jr.

Martinez and Khan would be his only other options.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 4:45 pm

Thats Flod's fault

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri May 20, 2011 5:08 pm

At this point, if Mayweather fights anyone but Pacquiao he's finished. His reputation goes down the tubes even more than it already has. It will look like he was scared of Pac and waited for people to forget the proposed fight between the two before he made a move to another fighter. Ortiz is a good fighter though I doubt he's a match for MW or Pac. I think most fans can see that. I've been watching this sport for a long time and I swear to you, I've never seen anyone like MW before. Please take that comment in the worst possible way. And no, MW vs. Ortiz will not draw flies to shit.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Like I said when this was first brought up. I don't mind the fight at all if it was a regular HBO fight.

As a PPV fight, fuck no. No way I'd pay for that shit. In fact, unless it's Pac, I'm done paying for Mayweather PPVs.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri May 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Mayweather-Ortiz is drawing. If Pacquiao can get away with fighting faded fighters than Floyd is allowed to fight a 24 yr old who's coming into his prime.

Mayweather-Ortiz trumps Pacquiao's last 3 fights.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 5:16 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Mayweather-Ortiz is drawing. If Pacquiao can get away with fighting faded fighters than Floyd is allowed to fight a 24 yr old who's coming into his prime.

Mayweather-Ortiz trumps Pacquiao's last 3 fights.

Give you Mosley

Not Margarito, Floyd avoided him like the plague

Clottey would never even be on Floyd's radar

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri May 20, 2011 5:26 pm

I like the fight. Sure I'd rather him go against Pac but that fight is very hard to make and Floyd wouldn't do that without a tuneup.

On a side note, why does everyone seem to denounce the Pac-Clottey fight anymore? Obviously, it had virtually 0 entertainment value but Pac DEMOLISHED a top 5 welter. People act like Clottey was a nobody but he was right there in the rankings after Pac, Floyd(couldn't make the fight), Berto, and Mosley. Berto and Mosley were already signed to fight each other.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 5:50 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I like the fight. Sure I'd rather him go against Pac but that fight is very hard to make and Floyd wouldn't do that without a tuneup.

On a side note, why does everyone seem to denounce the Pac-Clottey fight anymore? Obviously, it had virtually 0 entertainment value but Pac DEMOLISHED a top 5 welter. People act like Clottey was a nobody but he was right there in the rankings after Pac, Floyd(couldn't make the fight), Berto, and Mosley. Berto and Mosley were already signed to fight each other.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 6:01 pm

People trash on Pac-Clottey-Marg-Mosley because they didn't justify the PPV price.

If they were regular HBO fights, nobody would be complaining. But paying 60 bucks to see a guy in the turtle defense the entire fight, and a human punching bag in Margs, is going to leave a lot of people feeling ripped off.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:I dont mind the fight, just disappointing

There isn't much else out there for Floyd.

Pac vs Marquez III is done, Cotto's looking at Chavez Jr.

Martinez and Khan would be his only other options.
He could fight Pac any time he wants. There is a mega fight out there but he wants no part of it. Floyd is irrelevant until he steps up in my eyes. Who cares about what he does at this point.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri May 20, 2011 6:35 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I like the fight. Sure I'd rather him go against Pac but that fight is very hard to make and Floyd wouldn't do that without a tuneup.

I trash it because Clottey had a ridiculously poor camp and was stylistically a great match up for Pac. That showed on fight night.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri May 20, 2011 6:36 pm

It should be Pacquiao. I don't hate the Ortiz fight but I won't pay for it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri May 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Joy's trial (for the security guard incident) begins Sept. 1st, so I'm beginning to believe he's not fighting at all.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 6:49 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Joy's trial (for the security guard incident) begins Sept. 1st, so I'm beginning to believe he's not fighting at all.

Yup. Make no mistake. This is all GB talking. They are fucking desperate. So is HBO. They want Mayweather fighting this year.

If Mayweather doesn't fight on HBO this year, and Pac-JMM goes to Showtime. there is no way in God's green Earth that Ross still has a job
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri May 20, 2011 6:52 pm

+1 Grant

GBP pipe dream
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri May 20, 2011 6:56 pm

I thought Ross the Boss was already on his way out? He needs to go, yesterday.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri May 20, 2011 6:57 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I thought Ross the Boss was already on his way out? He needs to go, yesterday.

Hauser jumped the gun. He relies too much on "unnamed" sources and this time bit him in the ass.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 6:58 pm

I argued after the Mosley fight that Floyd's legs weren't as good as they once were. He was stiff legged quite a bit. He used to have some bounce in his legs.

That was May 2010. By the time he fights, what is the chance that the next version of Floyd we see isn't in a decline???
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri May 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Floyd will not fight Ortiz (my new Oscar)

Ortiz is young
Ortiz has power
Ortiz can win

all of the things Floyd doesn't look for in a fight

I will put my house on Ortiz
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm

jz_hova wrote:Floyd will not fight Ortiz (my new Oscar)

Ortiz is young
Ortiz has power
Ortiz can win

all of the things Floyd doesn't look for in a fight

I will put my house on Ortiz

JZ, you always have confidence in your guys.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next