The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight

+4
BoxingGenius
Frank
kbyte
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight  Empty Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 am

At 9:45 p.m. ET/PT on HBO

Should be a good one.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight  Empty Re: Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight

Post  kbyte Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 am

"Dude, why you duckin everybody brah?"

"W-we not fighting to p-prove to the boxing fans wh-who the best is"
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight  Empty Re: Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight

Post  Frank Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:07 am

Why the fuck someone would want to go on television and debate somebody on how they planned to kick their ass? This type of thing is beyond me. Just show up on fight night and throw leather.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Frank wrote:Why the fuck someone would want to go on television and debate somebody on how they planned to kick their ass? This type of thing is beyond me. Just show up on fight night and throw leather.

It's a good promotional tool and it is rather entertaining to see 2 guys face to face who are about to throw down. It wouldn't be as fun if 2 guys just show up on fight night and throw leather, and it certainly wouldn't generate as much interest with casual fans. I always found things like this and 24/7 interesting, shows you what kind of person the fighters are, and lets us get a view at their perspective of the opponent. If it is beyond you, you don't have to watch it my friend. However, I will be tuning in to this one. I do enjoy some good trash talking.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:22 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote: Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

someone needs a 5 hour energy!

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Mayweather-Ortiz will "Face-Off" Tonight  Empty mayweather-ortiz face off on hbo

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 pm

is on right now
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 pm

lmao ortiz said im going to brutalize you like chavez did to your uncle lololololol
you KNOW THAT HAD TO BOTHER FLOYD A LITTLE
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Cowabunga Dude!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:12 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Cowabunga Dude!!!
lmaooooooo hey man surfing's fun i use to body board in p.r all the time.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 am

I heard a good idea that they should replace Kellerman with Hopkins for the Face-Off. That would be awsome

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 am

Face off may be good for this era because the "Stare off" is often times more exciting than the fight itself. If they had bought any of a young Duran's opponents within arms length of him for any reason, they would've never made it to the ring, but I guess it's a different era. In the 80,s, and 90s, we had too many fights going on to take time out for talk like this.

That said, this conversation was sort of interesting. Regardless of the way this fight carries out, I can say with full confidence that Ortiz is "very concerned" and "Nervous" about this fight. MW is relaxed and confident. The eyes tell the tale. How will this affect the fighters? Who the hell knows? Just for the sake of argument, I can't see Ortiz winning this fight. I wish to God I could, but I can't manage it at this moment. Everything Berto does wrong, Floyd does right. That pretty much sizes it up for me.

The dream card; Ortiz vs. Berto; Pacquiao vs. Mayweather. You guys getting excited over Ortiz vs. Mayweather have my blessing. I'll watch the fight and I pray I'm wrong. However, a wise friend once told me the following, "Ya can't make chicken out of chicken shit."

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am

God I cringed every time Ortiz opened his mouth. He was just so fake. Floyd was just laughing at him.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 am

kbyte wrote:God I cringed every time Ortiz opened his mouth. He was just so fake. Floyd was just laughing at him.
He (Ortiz) was cringing too. He was terribly uncomfortable. Somebody should've given him a xanax.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 am

Ortiz was very uncomfortable but I think that has almost nothing to do with his confidence for the fight. I think he isn't ready for the media spotlight. Floyd is very comfortable and confident. He obviously sees Ortiz as an easy fight. I still go with Floyd with anywhere from 116-111 to 118-110 decision. Ortiz might floor him or take early rounds but Floyd is too good even at this stage.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 am

Frank wrote:Why the fuck someone would want to go on television and debate somebody on how they planned to kick their ass? This type of thing is beyond me. Just show up on fight night and throw leather.

And that's why you should never attempt to be a promoter Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:12 am

lol Floyd got the Geen Hornet and Green Lantern mixed up.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Mayweather accuses Oscar of being gay, but he does way more gay shit then Oscar. Shit, he checking out his manicured nails and commenting on Max's Prada shoess.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Ali wrote:lol Floyd got the Geen Hornet and Green Lantern mixed up.

Nerd Alert!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:lol Floyd got the Geen Hornet and Green Lantern mixed up.

Nerd Alert!!!

I have embraced the geek/nerd culture ever since my glasses were placed upon my handsome head.

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:22 am

That "faceoff" was pretty bad! Mayweather was bored as fuck. Ortiz was awkward when given the chance to speak. At one point when Ortiz tried to act tough and get serious I thought it might get interesting, but no he went back into his surfer dude mode!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 am

Ali wrote:

And that's why you should never attempt to be a promoter Wink

Back up, Ali. I'd be a great promoter. Twisted Evil

The reason I watched professional wrestling back in the day was strictly because of the trash talk. What's the difference between today's wrestlers and guys like "Dusty Rhodes?" The older wrestlers were GREAT actors and stuntmen. I'll never forget "Nature Boy Ric Flair." Now, boxing’s a different sport. Today's boxers (most not all) are not articulate enough to interest me with their trash talk. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at Ortiz vs. MW. I like a relaxed Floyd Mayweather. I don't like a trash talking, brash Floyd. Not that I have anything against that sort of thing. Ali's my fav fighter. I just think MW is obnoxious when he gets loud. If I promoted Floyd and he listened to me, he'd have a lot more fans and his name would be gold at the box office.

If I promoted a fight, you'd see the best damn commercials you ever saw in your life. I have em all written buddy boy! (smile). You bet. I always wanted to promote a fight. Lemme at it!!! You put down the money and I'll pack em in, Ali.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down