The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract

+5
SlickMoney
hardcorebee24
powerpuncher
Diego408
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract  Empty Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Juan Manuel Marquez in process of signing contract to fight @MannyPacquiao right now at Beverly Hills Hotel, Bob Arum tells Times. #boxing

Contract must still meet final "approval and consent" of Marquez promoter Golden Boy, Arum says. More coming on latimes.com/sports. #boxing

http://twitter.com/#!/latimespugmire
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract  Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract

Post  Guest Tue May 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I want to feel pumped, I do, but I just can't get excited for this fight. Too many years have passed and Pac just looks devastating at Welterweight.

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract  Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract

Post  Diego408 Tue May 17, 2011 2:20 pm

This fight should of happened years ago, right after the rematch. Arum is just putting him against a bunch of old fighters with names. Floyd was doing the same shit when he was P4P king (and when he came back). I guess it only comes with the title, thats why I can never be a fan of the p4p champs. I cant remember the last Floyd or Pac fight where I thought their opponent had a real chance.

Last edited by Diego408 on Tue May 17, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Diego408 wrote:This fight should of happened years ago, right after the rematch. Arum is just putting him against a bunch of old fighters with names. Floyd was doing the same shit when he was P4P king (and when he came back). I guess it only comes with the title, thats why I can never be a fan of the p4p champs. I cant remember the last Floyd of Pac fight where I thought their opponent had a real chance.
thats what i always said. a third fight should have happened a while ago. JMM would have been his toughest opponent and deserved another fight.

i still am excited for this fight now though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 17, 2011 6:16 pm

LMFAO, what's Bradley or Zab to do. Khan should be all over twitter abusing these guys.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 17, 2011 6:43 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:LMFAO, what's Bradley or Zab to do. Khan should be all over twitter abusing these guys.

You know Arum is in their ears telling them they got a shot in 2012

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue May 17, 2011 6:48 pm

I might go to this fight. Who else is going? I know im not the only baller here.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue May 17, 2011 6:52 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I might go to this fight. Who else is going? I know im not the only baller here.

Im a go watch it in my living room
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Photo of Arum delevering said contract

Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract  0511-1010-2100-5950_The_Devil_with_a_contract_to_sell_your_soul_clipart_image
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue May 17, 2011 7:39 pm

SlickMoney wrote:I might go to this fight. Who else is going? I know im not the only baller here.

Vegas in November?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue May 17, 2011 7:41 pm

i would go if i lived where the fight was
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue May 17, 2011 8:15 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

That is exactly why I really like Alexander. He brings stacked quality cards to the Lou. Alexander-Matthyse has Cloud on the undercard, K9-Powell, Guillermo Jones vs a very good local cruiser-Ryan Coyne, and a solid heavyweight fight. That is 5 quality fights on 1 card. I'm sure there will be a nice KO or 2 besides these also. If the other local prospect Dannie Williams had been on, this card would be insane.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue May 17, 2011 8:49 pm

n Arum told me he met face-to-face w/ Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer on Monday in LA & Schaefer told him GB was declining the Marquez option

should have happened a couple of years ago. It isn't the weight. Pac will only be 3-4 pounds heavier in the ring. It is the age difference and wear and tear.

When they last fought:
Pac 29 and 4 months
Marquez-34 and 7 months

will have been 44 months in between their 2nd and 3rd fights. Pac will be 1 month shy of 34. Marquez will be 38 and 2.5 months.

So Pac is going to be close to the age of Marquez in their last fight. And Marquez is going to be old as dirt.

Marquez got easier to hit over the last few years while Pac improved. I still want to see the fight and I think Marquez will be competitive, but I don't think he can produce an even fight like he did in the first 2 fights. It is just too much to ask for someone his age.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 18, 2011 12:12 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

That is exactly why I really like Alexander. He brings stacked quality cards to the Lou. Alexander-Matthyse has Cloud on the undercard, K9-Powell, Guillermo Jones vs a very good local cruiser-Ryan Coyne, and a solid heavyweight fight. That is 5 quality fights on 1 card. I'm sure there will be a nice KO or 2 besides these also. If the other local prospect Dannie Williams had been on, this card would be insane.
im from portland and fights rarely go there. jones-woods was there years ago and i couldnt go to that one. i did get to go to mayweather-mitchell. ward was on the undercard and got knocked down. it wasnt televised so im one of the few people to actually see it. a lot of people thought he lost that fight too.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 8:08 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:LMFAO, what's Bradley or Zab to do. Khan should be all over twitter abusing these guys.

+1 Twiddle their thumbs.

Although Judah dismissed the Khan fight I have a feeling Kathy Duva could talk sense into him.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Top Rank Facebook

Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez is OFFICIAL and set for November 12th. Top Rank President, Todd DuBoef and Juan Manuel Marquez signing the contract today.

Juan Manuel Marquez Signing Contract  226917_10150247498968243_118730428242_8694221_4970278_n

Props to DuBoef, dude knows what he is doing.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 pm

I don't get the date at all.

The fight should be in September during Mexico Independance Day weekend. That'll drum up the Mexican fans big time.

November is a terrible time for PPV. Got college and NFL football(provided their is NFL football) in full swing. People be more opt not to buy a PPV and watch a late night college game.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 18, 2011 4:20 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I don't get the date at all.

The fight should be in September during Mexico Independance Day weekend. That'll drum up the Mexican fans big time.

November is a terrible time for PPV. Got college and NFL football(provided their is NFL football) in full swing. People be more opt not to buy a PPV and watch a late night college game.

On a Saturday night? Mannys fought the last three Novembers. Its a filipino and a Mexican. It'll do 1.5 million ppvs.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 4:24 pm

at 11 or 11.30 at night when that fight comes on thell watch the pac fight and turn off any colledge game if theres still one going on..football colledge football you can watch anytime. a .pac fight only twice a year..the pac fight will draw far more excitement then a standard non rivalry football game.its no competion at all.the fight will do over a million buys and thats success.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm

On East Coast. Here on the West Coast, watch a 6-7 o'clock college game that'd go through the entire PPV.

I'm just saying, this fight is going to need all the help it can get after the Mosley fight. Casual fan is not going to be as willing to pay for another Pac fight, especialy if they got another option like football.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
On a Saturday night? Mannys fought the last three Novembers. Its a filipino and a Mexican. It'll do 1.5 million ppvs.

+1

Maybe more, CBS will hype this even more than they did with Shame Nosley
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 18, 2011 4:29 pm

GrantZilla wrote:On East Coast. Here on the West Coast, watch a 6-7 o'clock college game that go through entire PPV.

I'm just saying, this fight is going to need all the help it can get after the Mosley fight. Casual fan is not going to be as willing to pay for another Pac fight, especialy if they got another option like football.

Casual fans dont care about the under card, they know main event goes off at the earliest 8pm

As for the stink of the Mosley fight, that's on Shame, not Pacquiao.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 18, 2011 4:29 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

+1

Maybe more, CBS will hype this even more than they did with Shame Nosley

Doubt it. Not with the ratings Pac-Mosley Fight Camp got. No way they're going to put a Fight Camp on during college football time

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 18, 2011 4:32 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Doubt it. Not with the ratings Pac-Mosley Fight Camp got. No way they're going to put a Fight Camp on during college football time

Im glad you dont work in boxing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 pm

GrantZilla wrote:On East Coast. Here on the West Coast, watch a 6-7 o'clock college game that'd go through the entire PPV.

The hype behind two close decisions and the fact that both have dominated fights (save for Mayweather) following their second battle is enough hype. The mexicans and Fillipinos on the west coast will turn off a November college football game for this. So will fight fans, even the casual ones. The same guys who buy it in September will buy it in November which will be about 1.5 million people I estimate.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next