The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight

+5
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
UBeeg9cats
SlickMoney
gomez1012
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight Empty Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Citing inactivity fears, WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez has told reporters that he would prefer to take an interim-fight, if possible, in "July or August" and then face WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao in October or November. Marquez is already training in Mexico with Nacho Beristain.

Marquez last fought in November with a stoppage win of Michael Katsidis, but doesn't want to get Pacquiao in the ring for a third time with a one-year gap between fights. Pacquiao faces former three division champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley on May 7 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"I have thought about having a fight before [Pacquiao], because being inactive makes you lose your form. I want to have all of my assets. I'd like to have a fight in July or August so I'll have the right rhythm and [me and Pacquiao] can get have the fight in October or November," Marquez said.

Pacquiao and Marquez fought to a controversial twelve round draw in 2004 and then the Filipino boxer won a disputed twelve round split decision in their 2008 rematch. Marquez has been chasing a trilogy fight for the last three years. He finally received an official offer from Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, two weeks ago.

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-wants-interim-bout-pacquiao-clash--38699

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight

Post  gomez1012 Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Vs who?

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez wants a tune up before third Pac fight

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Vs who?

Don't know, depends what happens with the whole scenario.

If I am Golden Boy I let him have Pac later in the year but use him for Morales July PPV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 pm

if its morales i hope morales destroys him..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:15 pm

dmar5143 wrote:if its morales i hope morales destroys him..

lol why ?

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 pm

dmar5143 wrote:if its morales i hope morales destroys him..

Damn wtf Marquez do to you?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm

slick i just dont like the guy..especialy a piss drinking guy..its nothing to do in his performances in the ring.theres something i dont like about him.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Marquez always struck me as a guy who had no haters. Or "dislikers".

Only thing you can get on him for is probably the whole Maidana/Nacho thing.

But sometimes certain people just rub people the wrong way.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Marquez always struck me as a guy who had no haters. Or "dislikers".

Only thing you can get on him for is probably the whole Maidana/Nacho thing.

But sometimes certain people just rub people the wrong way.

I definitely understand dmar's position and don't like him all the way. I know he is a lineal champ that defends his title against top competition in exciting, skillful ways but there is something off about a man who constantly talks negatively about a rival to get a rematch/big money fight. I think he lost the Pac fights and he can't let go. He has turned down what appeared to be decent offers for the 3rd Pac fight before too.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Citing inactivity fears, WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez has told reporters that he would prefer to take an interim-fight, if possible, in "July or August" and then face WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao in October or November. Marquez is already training in Mexico with Nacho Beristain.

I thought JMM just had The Ring belt at Lightweight? If he's got those trinkets, how come hasn't been forced to do bullshit manditories?

Last edited by GrantZilla on Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 pm

JMM might be too talented for Morales at this point....who knows? If he takes a tune up fight, would it be a title fight at 135? If not, will he be stripped? Has the WBO already taken his title away?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 02, 2011 2:30 pm

LOL at WBO rankings:

Title Name Country
Champ JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ (Sup Champion) MEX
Interim ROBERT GUERRERO USA
1 Daniel Dorrego (Latino) ARG
2 Thai Tor Silachai (Oriental) THAI
3 Mercito Gesta (NABO Youth) PHI
4 Alisher Rahimov (Asia-Pacific) UZB
5 John Murray GB
6 Paulus Moses NAM
7 Antonio DeMarco MEX
8 John Molina USA
9 Michael Katsidis AUST
10 Juan Diaz USA
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon May 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Wonder who would promote it?

TR or GBP
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 02, 2011 2:35 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:LOL at WBO rankings:

Title Name Country
5 John Murray GB
6 Paulus Moses NAM
7 Antonio DeMarco MEX
8 John Molina USA
9 Michael Katsidis AUST
10 Juan Diaz USA

Remember, this is the same org that had a dead man in their top ten
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:LOL at WBO rankings:

Title Name Country
5 John Murray GB
6 Paulus Moses NAM
7 Antonio DeMarco MEX
8 John Molina USA
9 Michael Katsidis AUST
10 Juan Diaz USA

Remember, this is the same org that had a dead man in their top ten
Can a dead guy pay sanctioning fees?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 02, 2011 2:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Can a dead guy pay sanctioning fees?

I'm sure they sent a bill to his next of kin
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 02, 2011 3:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Can a dead guy pay sanctioning fees?

I'm sure they sent a bill to his next of kin
"Post Mortem Emeritus ad Nauseum
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 02, 2011 3:43 pm

they will put him in with a nobody. Don't see why they'd dare put him in with anyone good and ruin the huge payday.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 02, 2011 3:45 pm

I want to know why JMM hasn't been stripped for not fighting manditories? They strip Martinez literaly weeks after winning his titles, but JMM can just sit on them.

Yet again why ABC belts are a fucking disgrace and don't even follow their own bullshit policies

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 02, 2011 4:29 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I want to know why JMM hasn't been stripped for not fighting manditories? They strip Martinez literaly weeks after winning his titles, but JMM can just sit on them.

Yet again why ABC belts are a fucking disgrace and don't even follow their own bullshit policies

...first you can charge a santioning fee to a dead fighter but rule 7897a states it can be done only once and must have a 30 percent discount out of respect...the abcs not only do follow to a t there rules they know them completly.read there fine print.1.rule number 9827 says we can strip a titleholder of his belt providing we embrace him with a new title called champ in recess champ temporary inactive or champ emertis 2..2. rule 101 states we will not strip a champ of the title if theres a good legitimate reason not to do so..a 20000 bribe under the table qualifies under rule 101a as a legit reason..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 02, 2011 5:36 pm

The problem is so easy to fix, but in boxing, nothing is easy.

All it would take is a Showtime or HBO to ignore them, and the sheep in the boxing "media" would follow.

But Ali right, HBO probably getting paid off by the ABC belts.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 02, 2011 5:39 pm

GrantZilla wrote:The problem is so easy to fix, but in boxing, nothing is easy.

All it would take is a Showtime or HBO to ignore them, and the sheep in the boxing "media" would follow.

But Ali right, HBO probably getting paid off by the ABC belts.
Sadly I don't think the networks care what belt, title or organization the fighters fight for. They want the casual fans to watch, so a belt is a belt to them.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 02, 2011 5:43 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:[Sadly I don't think the networks care what belt, title or organization the fighters fight for. They want the casual fans to watch, so a belt is a belt to them.

Very true. Too bad their too ignorant to realize that because they credit every useless trinket, nobody cares about title fights anympore. If they did, HBO Championship boxing wouldn't be having record low ratings.

I gurantee nobody is buying Pac-Mosley because the WBO shit belt is on the line.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon May 02, 2011 10:34 pm

dmar5143 wrote:slick i just dont like the guy..especialy a piss drinking guy..its nothing to do in his performances in the ring.theres something i dont like about him.
thats weird since he is one of the few fighters today that is skilled and willing to fight anybody. i love JMM. i hate pac though so we all have our reasons for hating certain fighters.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon May 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Looks like JMM might be fighting Canelo next. GBP said they would match the TR offer if they have to.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next