The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ?

+2
kbyte
Diego408
6 posters

Go down

How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ? Empty How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:56 pm

I could envision Marquez stopping Maidana, he's got more power at Lightweight than Morales did and he's alot fresher.

The downside is his chin isn't as good as Morales.

Back to top Go down

How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ? Empty Re: How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ?

Post  Diego408 Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:31 pm

I cant see Marquez pulling the upset, Marquez brings a completely different style than Morales. Morales fought a very smart fight, one of the better preformances Ive seen in a loisng effort from a fighter. Marquez doesnt have the same chin and I also dont think he is as tough as Morales. Plus Morales threw some very sharp punches, he hits a lot harder than Marquez. Those were straight stinging punches that hurt Maidana 3 or 4 times, I dont think he can hurt Maidana. I dont think Marquez could make Maidana respect him at any point in the fight. Marquez is a really small dude, Morales had weight that made him very affective. Marquez vs Maidana would really entertaining though and its really a toss up because Marquez will land at will, but who knows how Marquez will be able to handle the bigger and stronger Maidana.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ? Empty Re: How would Juan Manuel Marquez do against Marcos Maidana ?

Post  kbyte Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:28 am

Maidana is pretty much tailor made for Marquez.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 am

Maidana can't counter punches when they are thrown at him. he freezes and absorbs the punishment, then comes forward. i think Marquez would break Maidana down with ease. the thing with Maidana is he always has the punch power to keep him in a fight. but Marquez will be landing on Maidana all night long. maybe size could be an issue, but Maidana can't fight going backwards. all the time that Marquez is landing combinations on Maidana, Maidana has no chance

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

yea if Khan & Morales could hurt him to the body that bad, Marquez would drop him late
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:37 pm

lots of questions
can Marquez hold up to Maidana's shots? no one knows the answer to that question.

Marquez looked early in the Diaz fight like his body might stop responding. Same for the Katsidis fight. But he showed great resilience. But what happens when his heart doesn't allow him to push it anymore. At a certain point the heart is willing, but the body just says hell no.

Will it continue to do so at 37 years of age? no one can say with any reasonable degree of certainty when he will no longer be able to stand up to incoming fire.

Leaving age out of it, does Maidana punch harder than Juan Diaz or Katsidis? Maidana is a heavy handed 140 pound fighter. Katsidis can punch, but he isn't a 140 pounder.

How will Marquez's body respond to the weight (at 140). For the Mayweather fight, Marquez weighed in around 142 and weighed around 147 or 148 on fight night. While fighting at 135, he is weighing 143-144 or so on fight night.

You'd think that 4-5 pounds on fight night wouldn't make a guy look too sluggish, but Marquez did look sluggish with only that little bit of additional weight. Makes me think his body is big as it can get without him losing alot!!!!

I'd still love to see the fight. Maidana would be there to be hit (as always). We'd get to see answers to questions I have.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:44 pm

I still don't like Marquez against Maidana. Morales had success when he was able to pressure him. Marquez doesn't fight like that and he doesn't fight as well in tight spaces which means Maidana will be more in his comfort zone to land. That and Maidana will likely be more motivated coming off the Morales fight and fighting the guy who stole his trainer.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down