Manny agreed to 55-45 split

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manny agreed to 55-45 split

Post  Soonermark890 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-55-45-financial-split-superfight.html

Ok so what is going to be the next reason they dont fight?

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Manny agreed to 55-45 split

Post  UBeeg9cats on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:24 pm

My guess is something that is less than a dollar and more than a quarter...50 cent

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:33 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:My guess is something that is less than a dollar and more than a quarter...50 cent
NICE LOL

Admin

http://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:20 am

well well.55-45 is fair.definetly fair and maybe more then fair.there should be no excuses at all.first pac has to beat marquez of course before a fight happens with floyd..any other attempt by floyd like no its 60-40 or more or any other excuse means he dont want the fight.the fights a good 2 years late for sure.dec 9th floyd could say ok we got a fight.floydcould ok to a fight in january and say after that its pac in may.
i hope this is the final attempt on this fight.i just wish it happened a few years ago..even with this move by pac im not holding my breath on this going down.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:30 am

on the yahoo display it says that a key obstacle is removed. my first thought was "bob arum." haha. i think that he is the key obstacle.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:07 pm

I understand he also agreed to any kind of testing Floyd wants. I hope this is all is true, and not just some more Arum/Pac spin to make it seem like they want the fight when in truth they have been just as guilty as Floyd in avoiding it.

Let's all thumbs up Manny for only taking two years and 9 months to make up his mind...
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:32 pm

pac has said for over a year that the testing is fine.no conditions either..he further up it by saying even on the night of the fight.it was floyd who agreeded with pac before on a 50-50 split then changed the goal posts.the 55-45 says pac will do the fight.yesboth have been puting obsticles in the way but dont say it took pac almost 3 years to agree to testing.he did upfront with a condition of a 21 daycutoff.floyd countered with 14.when pac said ok floyd changed his mind and said no .up to the day of the fight..i dont hear floyd saying ok lets do the fight.he cant hide behind the testing junk nor the money split either.
whats so hard saying ok pac.beat marquez and we are on for may.what does it take to be truth.pac said publicaly yes test even up to the night of the fight. its no longer back-door hidden negotiations that both camps at times deny as rumors..pac said for all to see and hear 55-45 and yes to tests no matter what.thats a first for both fighters.no more PR stuff and different stories from both camps.there are no more phoney excuses.its out in the open.pac conseeded the big big points.to paraphrase tarver.whats your excuses now going to be floyd.
hmmm maybe ill wait to see how bad or good pac is dec 8th before i say yes or move the goal posts again may be floyds anser..i havent heared yes yet.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 pm

55-45 sounds great, but the problem is still going to be Mayweather wanting the other 5% making it 60-40 in his favor and Pacquaio wont want to take the drug test if hes getting 20% less. Clash of egos.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:27 pm

dmar5143 wrote:pac has said for over a year that the testing is fine.no conditions either..he further up it by saying even on the night of the fight.it was floyd who agreeded with pac before on a 50-50 split then changed the goal posts.the 55-45 says pac will do the fight.yesboth have been puting obsticles in the way but dont say it took pac almost 3 years to agree to testing.he did upfront with a condition of a 21 daycutoff.floyd countered with 14.when pac said ok floyd changed his mind and said no .up to the day of the fight..i dont hear floyd saying ok lets do the fight.he cant hide behind the testing junk nor the money split either.
whats so hard saying ok pac.beat marquez and we are on for may.what does it take to be truth.pac said publicaly yes test even up to the night of the fight. its no longer back-door hidden negotiations that both camps at times deny as rumors..pac said for all to see and hear 55-45 and yes to tests no matter what.thats a first for both fighters.no more PR stuff and different stories from both camps.there are no more phoney excuses.its out in the open.pac conseeded the big big points.to paraphrase tarver.whats your excuses now going to be floyd.
hmmm maybe ill wait to see how bad or good pac is dec 8th before i say yes or move the goal posts again may be floyds anser..i havent heared yes yet.

Pac has said a lot of things; he said some yesterday. But if he has no problem with random testing since last year how come he hasn't used it in any of the fights he has had since his stance supposedly changed?

Remember this?
http://www.15rounds.com/marquez-makes-an-offer-pacquiao-can%E2%80%99t-refuse-110411/

Perfect opportunity for Pac to show that what he says is what he is willing to do. But what happened? Nothing is what happened. And this after having the gall to imply JMM was doing something.

That's right, Pac and his people make a point in dredging up the past of JMM's strength trainer, but when called on their BS and dared to test, what did they do?

So, with all due respect, forgive me if I remain skeptical of what Manny has agreed to.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Remember guys Pacquiao said he would only take the test if hes getting 50%. If he's getting the lower purse, there's no test, but he was willing to take th lower purse. That's why negotiations broke down the last time out.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:07 pm

The fight with Bradley was another opportunity for Pac to put OSDT in his portfolio. I mean, Manny has had no problem with it since last year, right? And neither did Headquarters:

RingTV.com: Your thoughts on random drugtesting, which is being used in the Alvarez-Mosley, and, Peterson-Khan II fights?

TB: I think that it's awesome for boxing. Having the random drug testing in effect, and the blood testing. I think that it's great. But what guys need to realize is that those drugs really don't help you, man.

They don't help you. If you used those drugs in the past, then you're going to break down, sooner or later. I'm more of a natural guy.

I take the natural approach on it, and I'm the real deal. So, in the long run, you might win this fight because you're on them drugs.

But just know this: When you retire from boxing, and you have all of those health issues, was it worth it? Was it really worth it? That's what I think about.

But being natural, I don't care what you're on when you fight me, man. No matter what you're on. I've been working out since I was about five years old, man. I'm naturally strong.

I don't need any steroids. This is all natural right here. You know what I mean, man? So I'm confident in my abilities. I don't care what you take, you won't beat me.

But somehow, yet again, Manny found a way to avoid what the rest of boxing seems to be embracing. So, I dont want to hear what Manny says he will do...I want to see it in writing.

Then I want him to actually do it.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:15 pm

koolkc107 wrote:The fight with Bradley was another opportunity for Pac to put OSDT in his portfolio. I mean, Manny has had no problem with it since last year, right? And neither did Headquarters:

RingTV.com: Your thoughts on random drugtesting, which is being used in the Alvarez-Mosley, and, Peterson-Khan II fights?

TB: I think that it's awesome for boxing. Having the random drug testing in effect, and the blood testing. I think that it's great. But what guys need to realize is that those drugs really don't help you, man.

They don't help you. If you used those drugs in the past, then you're going to break down, sooner or later. I'm more of a natural guy.

I take the natural approach on it, and I'm the real deal. So, in the long run, you might win this fight because you're on them drugs.

But just know this: When you retire from boxing, and you have all of those health issues, was it worth it? Was it really worth it? That's what I think about.

But being natural, I don't care what you're on when you fight me, man. No matter what you're on. I've been working out since I was about five years old, man. I'm naturally strong.

I don't need any steroids. This is all natural right here. You know what I mean, man? So I'm confident in my abilities. I don't care what you take, you won't beat me.

But somehow, yet again, Manny found a way to avoid what the rest of boxing seems to be embracing. So, I dont want to hear what Manny says he will do...I want to see it in writing.

...i dont see anything in this article that mentions pac name or bradley demanding tests before there fight.this is confusing of course.it supports nothing.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:26 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
koolkc107 wrote:The fight with Bradley was another opportunity for Pac to put OSDT in his portfolio. I mean, Manny has had no problem with it since last year, right? And neither did Headquarters:

...i dont see anything in this article that mentions pac name or bradley demanding tests before there fight.this is confusing of course.it supports nothing.

You asserted that Pac has not had a problem with random testing since last year.

I asserted he still may have one because, even though he has stated it is not a problem, HE HAS YET TO DO IT!

Arum came out with the WADA nonsense last summer. Since then he has fought JMM (who he accused of cheating but when dared to test, balked) and Timothy Bradley, whose declarations to test like the one in my last post were met with crickets from Camp Pac.

So when I hear Manny "say" he is willing to test, I always remember something vital about him; what he says one week may not be what he says the next.

That, or he'll just refer you to weed-smoking Flappy Bob.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:35 pm

again unless i missed something the article didnt say pac himself accused marquez of doing peds.the article said marquez said this is in a attempt to stop questions about his new strenth coach who was linked in peds.the questions im thinking came from reporters at that conference.
even ellebee said the test issue has been resolved.meaning pac agreeded.just a reminder that both berto and petterson asked for drug tests.who failed them.the fighters that asked.
captain at one time outlined step by step in order on who did what to prevent a floyd-pac fight on both sides.no where do i remember as suggested by diego that pac said ill take the test only if i get 50 percent.does anyone remember that.captain sooner PP others cause i honestly dont at all.
now the shoe goes on both feet.i dont believe a thing floyd says either.ill agree to 50-50 then no i dont.ok 14 days is ok thats a min cut of time then no it isnt.i offered pac 40 million but no back end money and ill wire it to him tommorow if he says yes..lol.yeah right without a signed contract.ill send 40 million all upfront before we even go into training camp and guys believe that junk..i dont know that guy who fired the shots..yes floyds credibilty is perfect pacs of course is zero..
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:41 pm

again where in the articles did it say pac himself accused marquez.anser no where.where did it say bradley agreed to a test and asked pac to do one.nowhere.saying testing is great doesnt mean i said ill take one and challenge pac to do so.where does any of that appear in your articles.lets get real here.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 pm

dmar5143 wrote:again unless i missed something the article didnt say pac himself accused marquez of doing peds.the article said marquez said this is in a attempt to stop questions about his new strenth coach who was linked in peds.the questions im thinking came from reporters at that conference.
even ellebee said the test issue has been resolved.meaning pac agreeded.just a reminder that both berto and petterson asked for drug tests.who failed them.the fighters that asked.
captain at one time outlined step by step in order on who did what to prevent a floyd-pac fight on both sides.no where do i remember as suggested by diego that pac said ill take the test only if i get 50 percent.does anyone remember that.captain sooner PP others cause i honestly dont at all.
now the shoe goes on both feet.i dont believe a thing floyd says either.ill agree to 50-50 then no i dont.ok 14 days is ok thats a min cut of time then no it isnt.i offered pac 40 million but no back end money and ill wire it to him tommorow if he says yes..lol.yeah right without a signed contract.ill send 40 million all upfront before we even go into training camp and guys believe that junk..i dont know that guy who fired the shots..yes floyds credibilty is perfect pacs of course is zero..

Both men have been guilty of holding up the fight, IMO.

But the reasons each man has done so are different.

The real answers why? Here they are if you want them.

1) Pac is not afraid of Floyd...but Arum is. He knows better than anyone else just how one-sided the fight will turn out to be. Had he went ahead with the fight in March of 2010, tens of millions would have been lost because Pac's drawing power would have decreased big time. Arum has protected Pac, while selling Manny on the line that it is Floyd who doesn't want the fight...and in a sense Arum is right, as I will hypothesize in a second.

2) Floyd is not afraid of Pac- If he had any trepidation at all, that evaporated back in October of 2009, when he manhandled the guy that has repeatedly given Pac hell (and who continues to do so as recently as last year). So why no fight? In one word: Arum. Floyd really dislikes Arum and dislikes even more the idea of Flappy Bob once again lining his pockets off of Money's name. Hence, roadblocks. Bet the house that all of them- except the random testing, of course- magically disappear the moment Pac can act as a free agent...only that day may never come.

My theory- shared by others- and you can take it for what you care to.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  koolkc107 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:59 pm

My biggest problem with Pac is that he has had the power, by himself and without deferring to Arum, to make this fight happen a long time ago.

If he thinks Floyd was afraid, why not call his bluff day one?
Why not go on ESPN with a contract in his hand with testing in it and sign it in front of folks?

That would be calling any bluff.
koolkc107

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manny-pacquiao-floyd-mayweather-55-45-financial-split-superfight.html

Ok so what is going to be the next reason they dont fight?

Marquez winning convincingly in a few months.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:30 pm

koolkc107 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:pac has said for over a year that the testing is fine.no conditions either..he further up it by saying even on the night of the fight.it was floyd who agreeded with pac before on a 50-50 split then changed the goal posts.the 55-45 says pac will do the fight.yesboth have been puting obsticles in the way but dont say it took pac almost 3 years to agree to testing.he did upfront with a condition of a 21 daycutoff.floyd countered with 14.when pac said ok floyd changed his mind and said no .up to the day of the fight..i dont hear floyd saying ok lets do the fight.he cant hide behind the testing junk nor the money split either.

Pac has said a lot of things; he said some yesterday. But if he has no problem with random testing since last year how come he hasn't used it in any of the fights he has had since his stance supposedly changed?

Remember this?
http://www.15rounds.com/marquez-makes-an-offer-pacquiao-can%E2%80%99t-refuse-110411/

Perfect opportunity for Pac to show that what he says is what he is willing to do. But what happened? Nothing is what happened. And this after having the gall to imply JMM was doing something.

That's right, Pac and his people make a point in dredging up the past of JMM's strength trainer, but when called on their BS and dared to test, what did they do?

So, with all due respect, forgive me if I remain skeptical of what Manny has agreed to.

Pac agreed to everything but drug testing at one point(THERE WASN'T ONE FUCKING PROBLEM WITH A 50/50 SPLIT).

When Pac then agreed to Floyd's demands for drug testing, then Floyd decided the money wasn't right.

Floyd wins the fight, but it doesn't mean he hasn't played a large part in killing it.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:51 pm

kool some of the real reasons you gave are similar to mine.1.neither fighter is afraid to fight each other.2.i believe arum and floyd without golden boy can put the fight together.arum stated so when floyd and 50 cent started there short term promotional company.yes arum has a deep dislike for floyd but not hate.that i believe.he does have hatred towards golden boy more so with that sept 15 thing plus arum hates al haymon for outsmarting him by buying out or adviseing floyd to buy out his contract for only750 000...in 2009 arum i feel believed strongly that pac would beat floyd.floyd beating marquez with ease isnt beating pac with ease especialy in 2009..today perhaps so but not back then.see marquez cant fight a counterpuncher.hes very inept at moving foward and fighting with effective aggression.
anotherwords floyd had a tailor made handpicked fighter he matched up well with.the same thing that pac was accused of in the mosley clottey margo fights.
it could be a realistic possibilty that the floyd camp felt pac indeeed could win in 2009 thus the drug thing.they read and heared pacs comments in one fight he had blood drawn a few days before the fight and it weakened him.pac for a while actualy believed that..floyds folks saw a edge saying hmm we got something here thus the blood testing..
floyd had no intention at that time to champion boxing on that issue but since he brought it up he had to go threw with testing for future fights.
no where did he demand testing for his entire undercards.
why floyd doent simply say yes now is beyound me.he by now realizes indeed he can win.no doubt.i felt myself 2 or 3 years ago or in 2009 pac would ko floyd.today untill proven optherwise i think floyd will do the koing.
egos the bullshit and a zillion other phoney reasons have prevented this fight.why.i surely dont know but one of them isnt pac or floyds afraid.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Either make the fight or don't make the fight. At this point I honestly don't care who does what until they fight. As far as I'm concerned, if the fight isn't made everyone is to blame.
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:12 am

ive always said that both fighters are to blame equally because if either wanted the fight that bad, its very easy to show it. they could easily make a contract and sign it and then just say that they arent scared. if the other fighter signs it then great, if not then you know who doesnt want it.

my theory is with pac, arum has been the problem. pac does whatever anybody tells him to do so if floyd said that he needed to do the testing and floyd have a bigger cut, pac would have probably done it if it werent for people in his ear. floyd is just plain greedy and wants to feel like the person calling the shots so if he really isnt in charge of making the fight then he doesnt really want to deal with it.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:11 pm

koolkc107[b] wrote:I understand he also agreed to any kind of testing Floyd wants[/b]. I hope this is all is true, and not just some more Arum/Pac spin to make it seem like they want the fight when in truth they have been just as guilty as Floyd in avoiding it.

Let's all thumbs up Manny for only taking two years and 9 months to make up his mind...

Manny agreed to testing 2 years ago with ONE condition. He wanted a cut-off for testing of 3 weeks before the fight. Floyd said no cut-off, then relented and said 2-weeks. Pac agreed again and Floyd balked a third time. Testing is a red herring they have been throwing out. Pac agreed to it almost immediately.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:12 pm

oops. Just read the whole thread. DMAR beat me to this. sorry.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:18 pm

FWIW, when Pac still had his legs, I thought he could win the fight. Today, he is simply too faded (May has faded to, but not to the same degree and in the most critical areas to his success). Mannys chance to beat Mayweather was his unusual angles, freakish power, and quick in and out movements. I always thought he had to win in the first 5 rounds or he was in for a slow beating. I thought he WOULD win then. Now, I think he just gets that slow beating.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top