The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter

4 posters

Go down

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter Empty JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:36 pm

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2490/weekend_review_lopezs_big_night/

JuanMa Lopez
“Maybe I didn’t knock him out, but I sure took his heart out. He didn’t want to continue fighting. I told you he didn’t have any heart.”

http://www.vivelohoy.com/deportes/boxeo/hy-dep-1109-boxeo-20101108,0,5757930.story
Rafael Marquez
"I could never hit him on the chin and when I had him hurt the ref gave JML a lot of time to rest, could of KO'd him. Didnt want to take any credit way from Lopez, it was a good fight, but Juan is a dirty fighter, throws a lot of elbows and shots to back of the head, Israel Vazquez hits harder than him. I hope JML accepts the rematch, whether its in Puerto Rico, Mexico, or here (in Vegas)."

Also says Rafael's camp is looking at a rematch in April/May of next year and that Showtime is of course interested.

Last edited by gomez1012 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter Empty Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm

gomez1012 wrote:http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2490/weekend_review_lopezs_big_night/

JuanMa Lopez
“Maybe I didn’t knock him out, but I sure took his heart out. He didn’t want to continue fighting. I told you he didn’t have any heart.”

http://www.vivelohoy.com/deportes/boxeo/hy-dep-1109-boxeo-20101108,0,5757930.story
Rafael Marquez
"I could never hit him on the chin and when I had him hurt but the ref gave JML a lot of time to rest, could of KO'd him. Didnt want to take any credit way from Lopez, it was a good fight, but Juan is a dirty fighter, throws a lot of elbows and shots to back of the head, Israel Vazquez hits harder than him. I hope JML accepts the rematch, whether its in Puerto Rico, Mexico, or here (in Vegas)."

I hope Lopez gets knocked the fuck out by someone very soon. He is an asshole. Marquez has had one hell of a career and fought his ass off. If anyone is to be given the benefit of the doubt, it is him.

Also says Rafael's camp is looking at a rematch in April/May of next year and that Showtime is of course interested.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter Empty Re: JuanMa: Marquez no heart; Marquez: JML a dirty fighter

Post  Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm

i watched a few rounds on youtube and the interview after the fight on ringside...although xray showed a small hairline fracture in marquez.i have serious doubts that interfered with him and why he quit..i know after the bell rang he was confused and pointed to the sholder era..i also saw him stumbling around the ring a few times in the last round and stunned a few times..i looked closely and yes he was throwing the right hand and not a sign of pain in his face at all..after during the interview i noticed him freely without facial expressions of pain move his right arm actualy both over his head and several times was animated with that arm..folks who love raffy will claim otherwise but thats the truth..now with that said marquez fought a no holds barred give and take fight..he gave no quater and gave his all but fell short..maybe he found a honorable way to quit..he did all what was expected of him maybe more going toe to toe..
lopezis disgusting in his statement..why not give credit fully to marquez which he earned that night..a lesson can be learned from all these punk loadmouths from marciano and louis..the first thing rocky said to archie after checking to see if moore was ok was..archie what a great fight..he gave credit to the announcers of moores heart and determination..rocky said almost the same thing about charles after there first fight..joe louis knew he lost to walcott and wanted to get out of the ring before they announced the descion..after he was declared a winner louis went up to walcott and said..sorry joe..there are noo fighters in the world that can shine either of thoses guys shoes in or out of the ring..
lopez was way off base.if raffy did quit it wasnt because of a hairline fracture..just maybe he gave his all and had nothing left..no matter the circumstances marquez did himself proud..lopez did not.thats the bottom line.noo matter there abilites theres one fighter after the fight that i respect and one i do not..

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 pm

i wouldn't mind watching a rematch but i really dont see a different outcome although i agree that the interference from the ref was beneficial to juanma i noticed that junama finally learned something. he actually made adjustments and began throwing the straight left first and just demolished rafa with uppercuts. HE NEEDS TO KEEP HIS HANDS UP CAUSE SOONER OR LATER SOMEBODYS GOING TO MAKE HIM PAY.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:18 pm

In most circumstances I'd be up for a rematch, but I've wanted to see JuanMa-Caba (won't happen) or JuanMa-Gamboa for a few years now so any fights should come after that.

Maybe Rafa can take on Caba or Chris John to put himself in line as "the guy you have to face".
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down