The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac vs. Mosley.

4 posters

Go down

Pac vs. Mosley.  Empty Pac vs. Mosley.

Post  Frank Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:47 am

Ok, I take it mostly everyone on this board thinks "Pac - Mosley" is a sure win for Manny Pacquiao one way or the other. I personally think we'll see some spirited exchanges early on that will wear Shane down quickly. It's an exciting fight for 3 or 4 rounds with Manny stopping him in the 6th.

Does anyone have a scenario where Shane wins? Doesn't mean you're making a prediction. I honestly can't see it from this side of the fence. I always looked at Shane as sort of a smaller and faster Holyfield. He had the ability to box, hit and not get hit, etc. However, they both elect to slug it out for the most part. (Yes, I know Van was a better fighter.)

Is there an argument for Shane being strong enough to best the faster Pac and stun him repeatedly en route to an upset? Can Shane nullify Pacs speed advantage by clinching, throwing combo after combo and stopping and starting the action at will? Who honestly can make a case for Mosley winning? (Hell, he's won anyway with that sex pot girlfriend of his).

Considering Shane's girlfriend, I have to imagine that since he's lost his looks, he'll have to pay a pretty penny to keep her happy. I wouldn't look for him to retire anytime soon. If he can survive the distance against Pac, or put some type of impressive performance together, he may be able to meet Berto in a crossroads match which should pay him a little money. For his sake, I hope so.

Last edited by Frank on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Pac vs. Mosley.  Empty Re: Pac vs. Mosley.

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 am

There is only one way to make this fight interesting in my opinion, and that is to think that Shane's best weight was 135 and that he does well against smaller guys. But then you have to think that Shane doesn't do well against fast guys who can box. It's tough to get excited for this fight. If Shane pulls off the impossible and wins I'll be very surprised and it will shake up the boxing industry. It will also be really bad for the sport seeing how Pac is the most recognizable boxer in the sport.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 am

If we're speculating there's always the chance Shane could land a big shot and KO Pac - you never know, it is boxing after all.

Other than that sort of lucky shot, the only way Shane wins is if Pac comes unprepared. It's on Pac to lose this one, I don't see much Shane can do better than him at this point.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:13 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:There is only one way to make this fight interesting in my opinion, and that is to think that Shane's best weight was 135 and that he does well against smaller guys. But then you have to think that Shane doesn't do well against fast guys who can box. It's tough to get excited for this fight. If Shane pulls off the impossible and wins I'll be very surprised and it will shake up the boxing industry. It will also be really bad for the sport seeing how Pac is the most recognizable boxer in the sport.

+1

Mora's crappy boxing ruined his offense
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Tobe wrote:If we're speculating there's always the chance Shane could land a big shot and KO Pac - you never know, it is boxing after all.

Other than that sort of lucky shot, the only way Shane wins is if Pac comes unprepared. It's on Pac to lose this one, I don't see much Shane can do better than him at this point.
..i wont consider it a lucky shot but shane the first 4 rounds has to land i big shot get pac in trouble and land 3 or 4 more finishing shots immediately..hes still capable of doing that.beyound that round he gets hit often hard and fast to the point he hits the deck and or nazim tosses in the towel..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 pm

For the first time... the PPV will also be available to view online on your mobile devices and desktops. #PacMosley

Top Rank twitter
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down