The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV

+4
Rum Capital
powerpuncher
gomez1012
captainanddew
8 posters

Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV Empty Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:55 pm

According to promoter Kathy Duva of Main Events, her boxer Zab Judah (41-6,28KOs) is possibly going to make a defense of his IBF junior welterweight title against former three division champion Juan Manuel Marquez (52-5, 38KOs) on either July 30 or August 6. Marquez-Judah would headline an HBO Pay-Per-View event.

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is still attempting to secure Marquez for the fight, but Judah is 100% on board, says Duva. Schaefer recently met with Marquez in Mexico and presented him with two possible fight scenarios. The first is the summer showdown with Judah, and the second is a mandatory title defense against Robert Guerrero, who is also promoted by Golden Boy.

“(Richard Schaefer) is going to meet with Marquez to straighten out his stuff,” Duva told Michael Coppinger of queensberry-rules.com. “I said to him, ‘If you can deliver Marquez, I want to make this fight.’ (Schaefer) wants to make the fight and HBO wants to make the fight for pay-per-view.”

“Zab called out Marquez, we got through to him, Marquez is tweeting that he wants the fight, I think he’s invested in the fight now, HBO wants it, Golden Boy wants it, I want it, we all want it.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-judah-possible-july-30-august-6-hbo-ppv--38019

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV

Post  captainanddew Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Marquez goes for a "championship" in a 4th division (the Mexican holy grail).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Zab Judah targeted for July/August PPV

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Oscar De La Hoya's twitter today

Zab judah no vende
http://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/57675519818338304

Wrote in Spanish, "Zab Judah dont sell" lmao

Before that posted
Morales contra ???
http://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/57673871352020992

Somebody should tell Marquez
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:48 pm

why not.either fight will do and im pulling for zab or the ghost.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:26 pm

he should fight guerrero to try to unify. guerrero has proven himself then fight soto.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

powerpuncher wrote:he should fight guerrero to try to unify. guerrero has proven himself then fight soto.

unify what? Marquez is the lineal champ.

He should fight Guerrero because the Ghost is a worthy challenger for the lineal title.

Unifying any worthless trinket shouldn't factor into it.

Last edited by captainanddew on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:44 pm

I'd be fine with Guerrero who would be a good, strong challenger for Marquez's lineal title.

I'd also be fine with Zab. I hate trinkets, but Marquez wants to chase the Mexican holy grail and win a championship in a 4th division.

Marquez is what, 37? I can't begrudge either fight as his time is running out (and both would be very good fights on paper).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Oscar De La Hoya's twitter today

Zab judah no vende
http://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/57675519818338304

Wrote in Spanish, "Zab Judah dont sell" lmao

Before that posted
Morales contra ???
http://twitter.com/OscarDeLaHoya/status/57673871352020992

Somebody should tell Marquez
funny judahs fights against cotto and mayweather were sell outs. im sure the tszyu fight did well also
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:20 pm

captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:he should fight guerrero to try to unify. guerrero has proven himself then fight soto.

unify what? Marquez is the lineal champ.

He should fight Guerrero because the Ghost is a worthy challenger for the lineal title.

Unifying any worthless trinket shouldn't factor into it.

I agree. Marquez should fight the Ghost while Soto and Rios fight each other. I actually think Guerrero unlike Soto and Rios could give Marquez a fight with possibly beating him. Winners fight winners, they are the top 4 lightwieghts of the world.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I've been underestimating JMM for years now but I think Rios has a chance against him. JMM will carve him up in the middle of the fight but Rios is going to keep coming at him.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I've been underestimating JMM for years now but I think Rios has a chance against him. JMM will carve him up in the middle of the fight but Rios is going to keep coming at him.
ask katsidis how that worked out for him
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:23 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I've been underestimating JMM for years now but I think Rios has a chance against him. JMM will carve him up in the middle of the fight but Rios is going to keep coming at him.

Ghost vs Marquez is a damn good fight. Guererro is taller, bigger, younger, and a southpaw. I know Ghost isn't Pac, but Pac landed the straight left down the pipe pretty well against Marquez.
Soto-I think Marquez outboxes him
Rios-that fight would worry me if I was Marquez's manager and promoter; 37 years old and fight a guy who just keeps coming forward. Rios is little Cheato..... a zombified motherfucker who gets stronger as you punch him in the face.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:03 am

powerpuncher wrote:

But JMM will be another 6 months older as well as Rios has a better chin and more power IMO. Katsidis is no puncher. He also has been KO'ed before. Rios as an arrogance that even a warrior like Katsidis could only dream of having.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:03 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

But JMM will be another 6 months older as well as Rios has a better chin and more power IMO. Katsidis is no puncher. He also has been KO'ed before. Rios as an arrogance that even a warrior like Katsidis could only dream of having.
being 6 months older might be a factor but it might not be. rios is better than katsidis but i see him just being more polished with the same result. rios may hit a little harder and more accurate and have a little better chin, but rios is so opened to getting hit. you cant let JMM hit you freely otherwise you arent going to survive the fight. i cant see rios changing his style to avoid that.

guerrero has the best chance at beating him but i even doubt that. guerrero has never impressed me before the katsidis fight so i dont know if it was just a fluke or he just looked good because of a good match up or what, but im not sold on guerrero yet.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:25 am

powerpuncher wrote: guerrero has never impressed me before the katsidis fight so i dont know if it was just a fluke or he just looked good because of a good match up or what, but im not sold on guerrero yet.

He's never impressed me. Kat fight was decent only because Kat comes to fight. Rather see JMM-Rios, only because Rios comes to fight. Guerrero is boring.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:55 pm

Rios is also a much better body puncher than Katsidis, so I could definitely see him wearing down Marquez near the end.

Guerrero would be very dangerous for Marquez, he's a very strong powerful lightweight with a solid jab.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Ali wrote:Rios is also a much better body puncher than Katsidis, so I could definitely see him wearing down Marquez near the end.

Guerrero would be very dangerous for Marquez, he's a very strong powerful lightweight with a solid jab.

I think JMM would be wise to move up because the lightweight fights aren't worth a lot of money and the competition is catching up to the aging HOF.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:52 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
Ali wrote:Rios is also a much better body puncher than Katsidis, so I could definitely see him wearing down Marquez near the end.

I think JMM would be wise to move up because the lightweight fights aren't worth a lot of money and the competition is catching up to the aging HOF.

Yup, Marquez should cash in while he's got the chance.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Rather he just lose and go out on his sheild, and keep the lineage alive. Then move up and chase some name which he'll likely lose too anyways.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:59 pm

I got a bad feeling about this.....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down