The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind

3 posters

Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind Empty Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Juan Manuel Marquez, the WBA/WBO world lightweight champion, has finally spoken out after weeks of silence. The former three division champion had recently met with Golden Boy Promotions to discuss the possibilty of re-signing with their company, and they offered him a two fight deal which includes a July showdown with IBF 140-pound champion Zab Judah.

Based on what Marquez indicates, he plans to defend his lightweight titles in June or July and then wants Pacquiao in November.

"My goal, the priority in my career is Manny Pacquiao. For several days I've been training for my next fight, scheduled for June or July. It's supposed to be a fight where I will defend my lightweight titles, and in November there could be the fight against Pacquiao. But the reality is, it won't be easy to get that fight," Marquez said.

"If I renew my contract with Golden Boy, there could be a problem. Pacquiao hardly accepts any fights with anyone [who is with] Golden Boy. Another way to make this fight is to go to another company, or work as a free agent."

http://www.boxingscene.com/juan-manuel-marquez-finally-talks-my-goal-pacquiao--38334

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:36 pm

Yeah, if he's with GB, no way Arum makes it happen.

This TR and GB fued is getting realy pathetic

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind Empty Re: Juan Manuel Marquez still has Pacquiao on his mind

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:27 pm

well marquez is attemting to say good by golden boy..i hope myself that fight dont happen.marquez already legitimetly lost twice to manny no matter what he thinks..arums takling up citron for manny next at 147..its talk for now but first theres may 7 to get by with..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Arum rather put Manny against JMM then Cintron. I gurantee that. JMM is on the slide, and The Roach will make sure the fight is at Welter, which JMM has no business fighting at.

Cintron is a Jr Middle and very dangerious, even if he's a total headcase.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Arum rather put Manny against JMM then Cintron. I gurantee that. JMM is on the slide, and The Roach will make sure the fight is at Welter, which JMM has no business fighting at.

Cintron is a Jr Middle and very dangerious, even if he's a total headcase.

If Marquez does the smart thing he comes in around the lightweight limit for the weigh in. He'll rehydrate to 144 on fight night (his normal fighting weight). Then Pac who weighs in around 144 will weigh 147-148 on fight night.

3-4 pounds difference. Less of a difference than we saw between Berto and Ortiz on last Saturday night.

Pac vs Marquez 3 would be a lightweight versus a junior welter.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 pm

At least he knows his situation. He can resign with GBP and get several competitive fights with good paydays or he can go to Top Rank and get the Pac fight. He would make as much in that fight as 2 or 3 other fights. Unfortunately, I see Bob throwing him to the wolves if he loses the Pac fight. I can see Bob having him fight at welter or move back down to face Rios.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:12 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:At least he knows his situation. He can resign with GBP and get several competitive fights with good paydays or he can go to Top Rank and get the Pac fight. He would make as much in that fight as 2 or 3 other fights. Unfortunately, I see Bob throwing him to the wolves if he loses the Pac fight. I can see Bob having him fight at welter or move back down to face Rios.

There would be a small size difference between Pac and Marquez, but the age difference is more telling. When they last met, Marquez was 34 and 7 months. Marquez turns 38 in August. He takes good care of himself and is still a damn good fighter, but he is getting old.

I hope he re-signs with Golden Boy and is matched correctly in his last couple of fights before retiring.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down