The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II?

4 posters

Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II? Empty Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Does a "healthy" Rafael Marquez do more damage to JML?

Or is it the same result, JML too much for the veteran warrior?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II? Empty Re: Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II?

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:46 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Does a "healthy" Rafael Marquez do more damage to JML?

Injury or not, JuanMa is just too young and strong for the smaller Rafa, the results would be another beatdown, that I don't care to see.

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II? Empty Re: Juan Manuel Lopez - Rafael Marquez II?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Ring wrote:

Injury or not, JuanMa is just too young and strong for the smaller Rafa, the results would be another beatdown, that I don't care to see.

Interesting, look at Vazquez-Marquez, each fight was different and Rafa came out on top at the end

He buzzed JML bad with the right in the 4th, after that, dont remember one that he threw, just looking for that counter left hook
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ring wrote:

Interesting, look at Vazquez-Marquez, each fight was different and Rafa came out on top at the end

He buzzed JML bad with the right in the 4th, after that, dont remember one that he threw, just looking for that counter left hook

Just saying JuanMa has too many advantages for Marquez to overcome, Rafa was evenly matched against Vazquez, but he's not against Lopez, i'd hate to see this proud mexican warrior take another bad beating.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:13 pm

He was in the fight winning rounds with a bad shoulder

I dont think he was that outgunned
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 pm

I respectfully diagree with Mr. Gomez above. Raffy was EXACTLY outgunned.

This was like watching a destroyer try to take on a cruiser in a naval battle. If all they are going to do is exchange gunfire the 10,000 ton cruiser with 8 inch guns is going to defeat the 2500 ton destroyer with five inch guns every time. The destroyer will land shells and do some damage but in the end the cruiser sinks him.

Raffy simply isn't the puncher at 126 that he was at 118. I mean he landed three PERFECT hooks and JuanMa was still on his feet and coming.

Like I said the night of the fight. My first reaction (even BEFORE the shoulder was revealed) was "good stoppage."

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I respectfully diagree with Mr. Gomez above. Raffy was EXACTLY outgunned.

This was like watching a destroyer try to take on a cruiser in a naval battle. If all they are going to do is exchange gunfire the 10,000 ton cruiser with 8 inch guns is going to defeat the 2500 ton destroyer with five inch guns every time. The destroyer will land shells and do some damage but in the end the cruiser sinks him.

Raffy simply isn't the puncher at 126 that he was at 118. I mean he landed three PERFECT hooks and JuanMa was still on his feet and coming.

Like I said the night of the fight. My first reaction (even BEFORE the shoulder was revealed) was "good stoppage."

More I think about it, this seems like the right conclusion to the fight.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 pm

If there is a more valiant fighter than Raffy, he'd have to be made out of reinforced cement. Sure, he was getting outgunned, but if he truly wanted a rematch, I'd let him have it. He doesn't have the power at 126, but he was cracking JuanMa. I say let him fight.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Rafael marquez has been one of my favorites of the past 15 years. He doesn't need to fight Lopez again. I can see him beating all but a few guys at 126, but he isn't going to beat Lopez. He hit him with everything and Lopez was just bigger and stronger.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:24 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:If there is a more valiant fighter than Raffy, he'd have to be made out of reinforced cement. Sure, he was getting outgunned, but if he truly wanted a rematch, I'd let him have it. He doesn't have the power at 126, but he was cracking JuanMa. I say let him fight.

Couldn't agree more with your comments on Rafael. Just exemplary. My concern is that I was getting worried for his life in the last two rounds. Getting just hammered and yet JuanMa didn't seem to have the power to just end it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:Rafael marquez has been one of my favorites of the past 15 years. He doesn't need to fight Lopez again. I can see him beating all but a few guys at 126, but he isn't going to beat Lopez. He hit him with everything and Lopez was just bigger and stronger.

Maybe I shouldn't have been but I was shocked by the excellence of Raffy's performance. He's 35, been through wars, fighting above his best weight and he STILL gave a top prime fighter everything he could handle. Extraordinary.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:43 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Rafael marquez has been one of my favorites of the past 15 years. He doesn't need to fight Lopez again. I can see him beating all but a few guys at 126, but he isn't going to beat Lopez. He hit him with everything and Lopez was just bigger and stronger.

Maybe I shouldn't have been but I was shocked by the excellence of Raffy's performance. He's 35, been through wars, fighting above his best weight and he STILL gave a top prime fighter everything he could handle. Extraordinary.
Exactly....he was (even though we all know how good he is) shockingly good in that fight. JuanMa was supposed to walk through him, but Marquez was not going away easily.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:If there is a more valiant fighter than Raffy, he'd have to be made out of reinforced cement. Sure, he was getting outgunned, but if he truly wanted a rematch, I'd let him have it. He doesn't have the power at 126, but he was cracking JuanMa. I say let him fight.

Well yeah, if Rafa really wanted a rematch and JuanMa is willing to give him one, then why not let him have it. Thing is, i'm not so sure Rafa would want a rematch, or that his shoulder was the real reason the fight was stopped.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Ring wrote:

Well yeah, if Rafa really wanted a rematch and JuanMa is willing to give him one, then why not let him have it. Thing is, i'm not so sure Rafa would want a rematch, or that his shoulder was the real reason the fight was stopped.

I wasn't either, but he apparently he really was hurt.

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Rafael has nothing to be ashamed of. He took a younger, bigger, stronger fighter to the brink of defeat. If not for Weeks suddenly deciding to stop the action and allow JuanMa an extra 40 seconds to recover, who knows? Rafael was NOT going to win that fight any way other than KO/TKO. He landed the best shots he could, hurt his man, but in the end could not finish him and really, what else could he have done? NO point in the re-match. It ends the same and maybe even sooner, but Marquez has my support and my money whenever he fights and whoever he fights. He has earned that from me. Boxing needs a dozen more warriors like him.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down