The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight

+5
SlickMoney
flapanther2001
Soonermark890
gomez1012
freakzilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight Empty Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight

Post  freakzilla Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight Empty Re: Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Freak a little advice, never believe a word that comes out of Michael Koncz mouth, he's nothing but a member of Pac's entourage who kiss his ass.

Back to top Go down

Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight Empty Re: Koncz: Mayweather turned down $50million for Pacquiao fight

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 pm

lol what a joke

Didnt Arum say South Africa wanted it and put up the $?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 pm

I didn't say I believe it. Just thought people would enjoy the read.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Really though it is probably not far from the truth. I remember when they were talking 50/50 split the amount was over 40 million.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:06 pm

The same could be said for Pac when the first talks ended, he walked away from a major payday because Flod wouldn't allow him to cycle his peds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:09 pm

Ali wrote:The same could be said for Pac when the first talks ended, he walked away from a major payday because Flod wouldn't allow him to cycle his peds.
I dont know its hard to blame Pac now. He has agreed to the testing twice now and still no fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:The same could be said for Pac when the first talks ended, he walked away from a major payday because Flod wouldn't allow him to cycle his peds.
I dont know its hard to blame Pac now. He has agreed to the testing twice now and still no fight.

I still don't like the fact Pac needs the tests to end at a certain period, they should be completely random right up until the bell rings.

It's just another diva reaction from him, like not wanting to be sprayed with water for the commercial on Fight Camp 360.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

I still don't like the fact Pac needs the tests to end at a certain period, they should be completely random right up until the bell rings.

It's just another diva reaction from him, like not wanting to be sprayed with water for the commercial on Fight Camp 360.
Really though what does it matter they test right after they fight? There is no drug on earth that can get out of your system that fast.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Really though what does it matter they test right after they fight? There is no drug on earth that can get out of your system that fast.

Cycling is still possible with Manny's demands to have the testing stopped weeks before the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Cycling is still possible with Manny's demands to have the testing stopped weeks before the fight.
Now I am no expert but I believe that it takes longer than the two weeks Pac agreed to. I thought they could detect it over a month out. I wonder what drugs are the shortest to get out of your system? I know steroids take forever.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:51 pm

look enought of this testing bullshit.ok.its a dead fucking issue that floyd hides behind..sooner is right most roids or peds are detected with a half life of 30 days.theres no reclyling time..5 peds have a detection of 7 days ands 4 off them is for weight muscle mass.so testing right after the fight picks that up...
for thoses that think OSDT IS the anser well mosley and floyd were tested it ended 17 days before the fight to the cost of 20 thousand each..even if a whole card was testing a dozen fighters and a huge discount lets say 8 thousand that makes 96 thou to test a card..there are tons of cards that dont have a gate of 96 thousand. with all the olpympic athelets that cheat like weighlifters etc etc a puny handfull are caught.this topic has destroyed forums its 2 years old and beat to death.end it for crine out loud.enough..

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Koncz is easily the biggest jaggoff involved in boxing.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Now I am no expert but I believe that it takes longer than the two weeks Pac agreed to. I thought they could detect it over a month out. I wonder what drugs are the shortest to get out of your system? I know steroids take forever.

Cocaine stays a maximum of 2-3 days.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:10 pm

ali cycling is not possible as you stated with so called mannys timetable which was agreed for 14 days to make the fight and then floyd changed his mind..you test after the fight and every roid is picked up then including the 7 day one which dont benefit manny cause of the weight gain a big weight gain.that in reality leaves 6 days to take stuff and hope you dont get caught because 12.01 am starts a new day so to be safe you need or have a maximum of 6 days for litterly one ped that could be benefical to your performance.since its reduced to one ped for just 6 days you tell me how a guy can stack roids then recycle them with one ped...who is the roid expert in mannys camp.
in the past ive been around countless bodybuilders who were natural as well as heavy roid users.the roid users just didnt stick a needle in them selves.they studied the shit out of roids its useage its max dosage and other things so they dont kill themselves and a few did just that dispite there intense study including med courses from colledge etc etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:16 pm

freak thats a common mistake.coke can leave the blood stream as fast as 2-3 days but stayes in organs much longer.you test for a metobite thats 30 days then in your body..you can test the hair and depending on usage heavy etc etc it could last in the hair test for years.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Not wanting to be sprayed with water is a diva reaction? O...K
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:19 pm

dmar5143 wrote:freak thats a common mistake.coke can leave the blood stream as fast as 2-3 days but stayes in organs much longer.you test for a metobite thats 30 days then in your body..you can test the hair and depending on usage heavy etc etc it could last in the hair test for years.

Yeah sorry I meant for a normal blood or urine test.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:22 pm

freak in coke if your a one time user or did it a few otrher times a few months before then 2 to 7 days its out of the urine..if your a heavy user no way..it can stay 8 to 12 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Dmar beat me to and has way more extensive knowledge of what I was going to say. The rumors ended with Pac agreeing to up to 7 days prior to the fight. EPO was considered the most beneficial and likeliest PED for Pac to be taking. It is detectable for at least 7 days. Urine tests are supposed to be as accurate to catch EPO as blood tests. Add into the fact that heavy training is done by a week before the fight and there is no excuse not to take a 7 day out agreement.

The cost, inconveinence, and health concerns are enough to dissuade many sports from using blood tests.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:06 pm

SlickMoney wrote:Not wanting to be sprayed with water is a diva reaction? O...K

lmao

I dont get the overreaction to that either. Dude comes into presser all fitted and they got to spray him down with water??

I wouldnt want to do it either at first
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:34 pm

what about Human Growth Hormone? or IGF? these are not detected in urine. the OSDT is the only way to detect those in the body. not all EPOs take a week to leave the system, but EPO is detectable in urine analysis. the problem, though, is that the manufacturers will always be designing and creating a new drug before a test is created for it. a urine sample does not show if the above hormones are being artificially induced into the body. Human growth hormone would be of every benefit to a fighter moving up in weight class. not saying i think manny is a cheat. just think at that level of prizefighting the commisions should be enforcing OSDT to preserve the integrity of the sport we love and so that fights that should be made will be made. especially when it is at the highest level and there is a huge amount at stake. when we're talking about $20-30million prizefights i don't see how the commisions can justify not enforcing OSDT. personal opinion

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:12 pm

dbudge wrote:what about Human Growth Hormone? or IGF? these are not detected in urine. the OSDT is the only way to detect those in the body. not all EPOs take a week to leave the system, but EPO is detectable in urine analysis. the problem, though, is that the manufacturers will always be designing and creating a new drug before a test is created for it. a urine sample does not show if the above hormones are being artificially induced into the body. Human growth hormone would be of every benefit to a fighter moving up in weight class. not saying i think manny is a cheat. just think at that level of prizefighting the commisions should be enforcing OSDT to preserve the integrity of the sport we love and so that fights that should be made will be made. especially when it is at the highest level and there is a huge amount at stake. when we're talking about $20-30million prizefights i don't see how the commisions can justify not enforcing OSDT. personal opinion

Last time I heard NO ONE has EVER been caught by the blood test for HGH after 6+ years of testing. Doesn't sound too effective to me. I had never heard of IGF before you brought it up but a quick search shows you need multiple blood tests and at the exact right timing for it to even possibly catch it. I understand your point on a Manny vs Floyd fight needing testing because the money is there. However, blood testing cost Floyd and Shane 20K a piece for their test. How many fighters don't even make 20k in a fight? I would say the vast majority of them. The possible Cayo vs Peterson fight would have Cayo paying 5k and Peterson paying 10k. That fight is a title-eliminator headlining a televised card.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:28 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
dbudge wrote:what about Human Growth Hormone? or IGF? these are not detected in urine. the OSDT is the only way to detect those in the body. not all EPOs take a week to leave the system, but EPO is detectable in urine analysis. the problem, though, is that the manufacturers will always be designing and creating a new drug before a test is created for it. a urine sample does not show if the above hormones are being artificially induced into the body. Human growth hormone would be of every benefit to a fighter moving up in weight class. not saying i think manny is a cheat. just think at that level of prizefighting the commisions should be enforcing OSDT to preserve the integrity of the sport we love and so that fights that should be made will be made. especially when it is at the highest level and there is a huge amount at stake. when we're talking about $20-30million prizefights i don't see how the commisions can justify not enforcing OSDT. personal opinion

Last time I heard NO ONE has EVER been caught by the blood test for HGH after 6+ years of testing. Doesn't sound too effective to me. I had never heard of IGF before you brought it up but a quick search shows you need multiple blood tests and at the exact right timing for it to even possibly catch it. I understand your point on a Manny vs Floyd fight needing testing because the money is there. However, blood testing cost Floyd and Shane 20K a piece for their test. How many fighters don't even make 20k in a fight? I would say the vast majority of them. The possible Cayo vs Peterson fight would have Cayo paying 5k and Peterson paying 10k. That fight is a title-eliminator headlining a televised card.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-test-for-human-growth-hormone-nabs-first-athlete

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/sep/26/terry-newton-found-hanged-rugby?CMP=twt_gu

i think it would be EXTREMELY naive to think that the use of PEDs in professional sports use is a rarity. level playing fields. IGF, like Growth hormone, is a wonder drug for athletes. random OSDT should be made compulsory at that level of professional competition IMO. Health and Saftey laws are based around avoiding conducting hazardous tasks where reasonably practical. in the case of Cayo vs Peterson then obviously it isn't practical to have OSDT because the money isn't there. However, Mayweather got paid $24million against Mosley, in that case it is reasonably practical. i think that the commisions should excercise their authority by enforcing WADA testing procedures in any prizefight where the total purse between 2 fighters amounts to the sum of $1million or greater. if the commisions made this rule then who could complain? only a cheater would. i don't see how it can do anything other than benefit the integrity of what is the noble art.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:09 pm

dbudge wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-test-for-human-growth-hormone-nabs-first-athlete

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/sep/26/terry-newton-found-hanged-rugby?CMP=twt_gu

i think it would be EXTREMELY naive to think that the use of PEDs in professional sports use is a rarity. level playing fields. IGF, like Growth hormone, is a wonder drug for athletes. random OSDT should be made compulsory at that level of professional competition IMO. Health and Saftey laws are based around avoiding conducting hazardous tasks where reasonably practical. in the case of Cayo vs Peterson then obviously it isn't practical to have OSDT because the money isn't there. However, Mayweather got paid $24million against Mosley, in that case it is reasonably practical. i think that the commisions should excercise their authority by enforcing WADA testing procedures in any prizefight where the total purse between 2 fighters amounts to the sum of $1million or greater. if the commisions made this rule then who could complain? only a cheater would. i don't see how it can do anything other than benefit the integrity of what is the noble art.

I think there is probably significant PED use in all sports. Many athletes, if they couldn't compete in their sport, would be college "dropouts" and would not be able to find a good paying job much less one for millions of dollars. I freely admit if I knew many were cheating in what seemed a safe way and it was the difference from making $5million/yr or $40,000, it would be almost impossible NOT to cheat. That being said, WADA has caught 1 person in 6+ years after testing thousands of athletes. Sounds like Terry Newton was the spoon in the drawer of knives.

BTW, I am all for testing if it is cheap enough and we don't get fights cancelled because of complications. You would need all commissions to universally accept it or Dallas would become fight capital of the world Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next