The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok I know we all love Pac but...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ok I know we all love Pac but... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok I know we all love Pac but...

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm

it was lineal tradtion they followed not best.pender was a example of that..there policy is the same.if holders of all the belts lets say one guy has 3 the other 2 then they fight ring will recognize the winner as champ providing theres no lineal title holder.dempsey was lineal champ.then tunney etc etc ..rings poilcy on unification is as i stated.providing theres no lineal champ.

Back to top Go down

Ok I know we all love Pac but... - Page 2 Empty Re: Ok I know we all love Pac but...

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Is it just me or are you two arguing but agreeing at the same time? I am confused. Maybe I need to read all the posts again.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:25 pm

They followed NBA and then when WBC came, it awarded to unified fighters. That was it. The new policy was created and the belt re-introduce because ABC bodies had gotten out of controle.

It is impossible to unify all the joke titles today, and they won't allow it
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Dmar you don't like The Ring, I think it's best we got to clear the ABC mess. Well agree to disagree and leave it at that
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 pm

i like the ring.always thought it was a great magazine.back in the 60s i also liked boxing illustrated another great magazine.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:13 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i like the ring.always thought it was a great magazine.back in the 60s i also liked boxing illustrated another great magazine.

You know what I mean. I think the new policy they put in place has been the best way to separate the real champs from the paper ones in this era of multi ABC belt disgrace
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:00 pm

lineal champ has always been there policy but threw the years guy retieing moving up and the abc having 4 -5 -7 champs in a division caused major deteriation in boxing.added to that the creation of useless divisions it becomes a farse..rings stance makes by far the most sence of course

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:28 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lineal champ has always been there policy but threw the years guy retieing moving up and the abc having 4 -5 -7 champs in a division caused major deteriation in boxing.added to that the creation of useless divisions it becomes a farse..rings stance makes by far the most sence of course

I understand your prob then. Linear/Ring today are the only thing that matters. Why Pac is not an eight division champ, he's four division. Which is impressive but watered down because of all the nich divisions
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:36 pm

pacs feat yes is impressive but as far as im concerened pale compared to what armstrong did and how he did it.armstrong has yes 3 titles at once all legit real ones.fought for a forth title the middleweight title but the title was split a rare thing in thoses days.sefarino garcia henry fought a draw with for that version of the middle title..
why is armstrongs feat greater then pacs.ill tell you why.in 2 years armstrong defended the lightweight title and then lost it to great lou ambers but also defended his welter title 17 times in those two years plus a non title fight win.then went above the 154 which didnt exist at that time to fight at a 160 division..hank beat plenty of top fighters and no watered down divisions..if armstrong fought today he easly would of won 126 130 135 140 147 154 divisions at the same time.add the 160 pound draw the guy could of held 7 titles at the same time..dont think thats not possible well with 3 -5 -7 champs a division and henry ducked no one but today for PR publicity yeah he could of fought a few soft touches too.bare in mind that armstrong fought same day weigh inns and weighed about 133 when fighting at welter..thats why i am so tired of hearing a guy moving up in class a whole 3 or 4 pounds hes fighting bigger guys.bullshit.3 or 4 pounds is not a bigger guy.
add to the fact as great as pac is armstrong was a greater fighter.you think pac gave cotto a beating hank would of slaugtered him.diaz goes in 2.JMM no contest.you dont think hank could give up 20 pounds and crush yuri foreman..
lol armstrong litterly cleaned out the welters not over a career.he did it in ONE year.pacs feat is awsome..armstrongs was godly.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 am

Just think of all the divisions SRR would have been Champ in if the nich divisions were around during his time.

With day before weigh ins like we have now, he'd have started off as a Lightweight and moved to Jr Welter, Welter, Jr Middle, Middleweight, and Super Middle.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:25 am

theres no doubt in my mind same day weigh inns is the correct way to go.look a big joke the guys moving up in weight..nonsence.donaire a bantam give me a break.he weighed 134 fight night.thats a bantam.he would never make the weight under real rules.hed struggle to make featherweight..move up lol.122 and 126 he would not make.move up to what.fight night he outweighs armstrong when hank fought at welter in his early years.as talented as donaire is put him in with armstrong barney ross duran benny leanord ambers.thats if he fought back then and at his real weight.put ward brute kessler fight night in with marciano where there would be a 4 or only a 5 pound weight differnce or tunney at the same weight.think about it.how much praise would we be given these guys then.
the direction boxing needs to take is a path of sanity.a return to yesteryears rules which were fair and legit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2