The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no love between manny and donaire

+7
UBeeg9cats
dbudge
Frank
Soonermark890
gomez1012
GrantZilla
Rum Capital
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

no love between manny and donaire Empty no love between manny and donaire

Post  Rum Capital Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:06 pm

if manny insecure of nonitos success?
December 14th, 2010 By Pedro Fernandez

SHUNNED “FILIPINO FLASH” NOT INVITED TO MANNY’S PARTY

Rachael & Nonito Donaire
San Francisco, CA- One thing that has always irked me in life is when a person in a position of power won’t help out the people he says he’s committed to. Case in point, boxing’s top dog Manny Pacquiao won’t throw fellow Filipino Nonito Donaire a bone. Even though it is a subject I have broached before, not one other writer today has the gumption to point out the apparent insecurity of the Philippine Congressman. If you didn’t know it, Nonito Donaire is a Filipino born fighter who came to the United States at the age of ten. He has won world titles at 112, 115, and now has an interim belt at 118 lbs. Just a fortnight ago, Donaire AKA “The Filipino Flash” took apart #2 ranked Wladimir Soderenko in less than four one sided rounds and set up a super match at 118 with Fernando Montiel in February

“NONITO DONAIRE WILL NOT FIGHT ON MY UNDERCARDS”

Before we go any further we will dispel the bulls*it and nonsense that is certain to fill up the comment section. Manny Pacquiao has the power of Moses, for if he told promoter Bob Arum to put Donaire in the semi final bout on the November card with Antonio Margarito, Arum would grant the mighty Pacquaio his wish. But according to Mrs. Rachael Donaire, Manny Pacquiao’s man in charge of Manny Pacquiao Promotions, Khan told her in Anaheim at the Soderenko fight that “Manny Pacquiao has said that Nonito Donaire would not be on the November show, or any show.” Khan implied it was the fault of Racheal, a hands on type, who unlike other boxer’s wives is educated and has a mind of her own. In the male-controlled world of boxing, this former US Martial Arts champion is viewed as a threat.

WON’T INVITE THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE TO THE PARTY?

Later this week, the great Pacquiao celebrates a birthday, his 32nd with a huge bash in the Philippines. There were reports that promoter Arum was flying in Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez, as well as some other boxing dignitaries. When I asked Donaire’s wife Rachael last week whether they were invited, she chuckled and answered to the negative. Whether it is the wife jinky Pacquaio not wanting the easy on the eyes Rachael Donaire at any Manny Pacquiao gig, or Congressman Pacquiao himself not wanting the “Filipino Flash” in the party, the upper echelon of the Philippine politics and the boxing community will be present, but the best technical boxer born in the Philippines is persona not grata.

MANNY WILL HIDE BEHIND ARUM ON THIS ONE

Promoter Arum will dismiss the reality I’ve written here and gloss it over by bringing up that Donaire has Montiel in February. The purse will be around $500,000 US. Had Pacquiao put Nonito in a semi-main, not only would he be making three or four time what he’ll get for Montiel, Nonito could show millions of people how talented the “Filipino Flash” is. So please, don’t fill up the boards below with Manny dribble wanting to help out fellow Filipino fighters. I guess that only applies to fighters who are willing to sign with Manny Pacquiao Promotions!

I PUT link here so you guys can check out nonitos wife
http://ringtalk.com/manny-pacquiao-nonito-donaire-pacland-pedro-fernandez
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

no love between manny and donaire Empty Re: no love between manny and donaire

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all, Manny has always struck me as the diva type who wants all the attention focused on him.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Ali wrote:Doesn't surprise me at all, Manny has always struck me as the diva type who wants all the attention focused on him.

Yup. Why I never fully liked Manny. He's a PPV divia, hides behind false modesty, but is a greedy fuck just like Mayweather.

Difference is, Mayweather doesn't hide the fact. He plays it up.

Nobody likes a fake, and Manny is a fake. He reminds me of Tiger Woods, and why I never liked it. I said years before it came out the dude was probably no better then his old man. Yet acts like he's Ned Flanders. Was not shocked at all when came out dude was cheating on his wife, and fucking everything that moves.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

Ive heard the opposite, Nonito is a total douche and Manny dont like his asssss
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:36 am

gomez1012 wrote:Ive heard the opposite, Nonito is a total douche and Manny dont like his asssss

Truth always in the middle. Two ego-cases clashing.

Why I knew Pac-Mayweather wouldn't get made. Not enough room in the world for those two egos
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:34 am

Maybe manny just doesnt like him?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:08 am

sooner may be right for whatever reason manny may not like him..i work with several philapinos..most are big fans of manny and 2 are not ..all though will tell you manny is not a phoney.having a girlfriend or two on the side is part of the culture there.im not saying its right but its a forgone accepted conclution there..these phills stay in touch constantly with folks back home and do go back to visit..
all feel that manny has a strong desire to maybe become president there..yes hes into everything.movies records singing charity events etc etc.hobnobing with the elite social people there also and all feel manny is enjoying the limelight..
still everyone has said pac has never forgotten his roots of poverty and the area hes from is deep in poverty and manny has a genuine desire to help people..both of the people who are not a pac fan and one that is personaly know people who went to pac for financial help to either pay rent or for food etc etc and he personaly meet with them and turned no one away..manny has a kind heart with compassion they say and the rumor mill over there state that some months or several months manny digs into his pocket to the tune of 50 000 a month helping folks in his home area who are in need of immediate assistence..to them and to me manny is not a phoney..not when it comes to a genuine passion in his fight against poverty..just maybe that nice guy image he shows is reality..

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:21 am

It's not good to get to know the rich and famous unless you have business with them. Most of the time, they'll disappoint you. I think Manny is a great fighter, a lousy singer and a likable tv personality. I have no desire to meet him. I'd rather watch him fight.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:45 am

who wrote the original article?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 pm

What an absolute LOAD. Sheesh. Nonito is some poor guy who needs a hand? Really?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Frank wrote:It's not good to get to know the rich and famous unless you have business with them. Most of the time, they'll disappoint you. I think Manny is a great fighter, a lousy singer and a likable tv personality. I have no desire to meet him. I'd rather watch him fight.

+ a gazillion!

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:56 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:What an absolute LOAD. Sheesh. Nonito is some poor guy who needs a hand? Really?

+1

LOL!

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:57 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Ive heard the opposite, Nonito is a total douche and Manny dont like his asssss

Truth always in the middle. Two ego-cases clashing.

Why I knew Pac-Mayweather wouldn't get made. Not enough room in the world for those two egos

Agreed, Ive actually met Donaire twice, at the Ward-Green and Ward-Miranda fights. Nice guy
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Articles like this make me sad that the author has a platform to speak from. Do we know how many times Manny has ever talked to Nonito? I realize that if Manny wanted him on his undercard, he would be on the undercard but Manny lets Arum do all the work and there is NO WAY Arum puts a valuable and pricey fighter on a card that the main event sells the PPVs. Besides having a hands on wife is bad for business *cough* Shane *cough*. Is there a single shred of proof that Jinky doesn't want beautiful women at the party? Finally, even if Nonito got on the undercard, there is NO WAY Bob is paying him 1.5 - 2 mil to fight like the article says.

This is all conjecture and heresay.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:03 pm

And why are they assuming that just because both guys are Phillipino that they're going to be friendly or get along? There are like 100 million of them - do you get along with everyone from your country?!
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:04 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Articles like this make me sad that the author has a platform to speak from. Do we know how many times Manny has ever talked to Nonito? I realize that if Manny wanted him on his undercard, he would be on the undercard but Manny lets Arum do all the work and there is NO WAY Arum puts a valuable and pricey fighter on a card that the main event sells the PPVs. Besides having a hands on wife is bad for business *cough* Shane *cough*. Is there a single shred of proof that Jinky doesn't want beautiful women at the party? Finally, even if Nonito got on the undercard, there is NO WAY Bob is paying him 1.5 - 2 mil to fight like the article says.

This is all conjecture and heresay.
...good points..you dont need a 2- 3 million dollar undercard when the main event sells itself..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Tobe wrote:And why are they assuming that just because both guys are Phillipino that they're going to be friendly or get along? There are like 100 million of them - do you get along with everyone from your country?!

Shoot I'm pretty sure 2/3 of my countrymen are out and out moronic douchebags. How else does one explain Charlie Sheen, Matt Damon, Paris Hilton, Nancy Pelosi, hip-hop, Daniel Steele, Noam Chomsky, The American Council of Bishops, or Congress?

Of course it could be worse!

They could be CANADIANS! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe wrote:And why are they assuming that just because both guys are Phillipino that they're going to be friendly or get along? There are like 100 million of them - do you get along with everyone from your country?!

Shoot I'm pretty sure 2/3 of my countrymen are out and out moronic douchebags. How else does one explain Charlie Sheen, Matt Damon, Paris Hilton, Nancy Pelosi, hip-hop, Daniel Steele, Noam Chomsky, The American Council of Bishops, or Congress?

lol! And where would the United States be without the contributions of great Canadians, such as William Shatner, Dan Akryod, Neil Young, Jim Carey, Pamela Anderson, Gordon Lightfoot, Michael Cera, Martin Short, Leonard Cohen, Ryan Reynolds, Christopher Plummer, Anna Paquin, Mike Myers, Sara MacLaughlin, Ryan Goslin, Howie Mandel, John Candy, Norm MacDonald, Eugene Levy, The late Leslie Neilsen, Michael J. Fox, Holly Cole, Drake, Shaina Twain, Anne Murray, Joni Mitchell, Nelley Furtado, Tommy Chong, K.D. Lang and Justin Bieber (ok maybe not him); to mention just a few?

no love between manny and donaire Url
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:52 pm

tobe shame on you..no mention of mr hockey and mr nice guy off the ice.gordie howe..lol the folks in detroit will not forgive you for that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:03 pm

dmar5143 wrote:tobe shame on you..no mention of mr hockey and mr nice guy off the ice.gordie howe..lol the folks in detroit will not forgive you for that.

Way too many to name Dmar, way too many to name Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Tobe wrote: lol! And where would the United States be without the contributions of great Canadians, such as William Shatner, Dan Akryod, Neil Young, Jim Carey, Pamela Anderson, Gordon Lightfoot, Michael Cera, Martin Short, Leonard Cohen, Ryan Reynolds, Christopher Plummer, Anna Paquin, Mike Myers, Sara MacLaughlin, Ryan Goslin, Howie Mandel, John Candy, Norm MacDonald, Eugene Levy, The late Leslie Neilsen, Michael J. Fox, Holly Cole, Drake, Shaina Twain, Anne Murray, Joni Mitchell, Nelley Furtado, Tommy Chong, K.D. Lang and Justin Bieber (ok maybe not him); to mention just a few?

The fact you also gave us Celine Dion and Bryan Adams makes it a wash
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:05 pm

From what Donaire had to say about Pacquaio in interviews, its hard to believe Nonito would start the fued with Pacquaio. Donaire even seems like a cool guy in all his interviews. Some info will end up coming out about this soon I bet. Donaire idolizes Pacquaio from what Ive seen before.

I remember watching a Youtube video of Donaire after the Pacquaio-Marquez rematch and he was praising Pacquiao and was saying he was inspired by his preformance. They asked him who did he think won and he didnt want to give an answer. After researching scorecards on boxrec a few days later, Donaire had Marquez winning the fight lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:19 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Tobe wrote: lol! And where would the United States be without the contributions of great Canadians, such as William Shatner, Dan Akryod, Neil Young, Jim Carey, Pamela Anderson, Gordon Lightfoot, Michael Cera, Martin Short, Leonard Cohen, Ryan Reynolds, Christopher Plummer, Anna Paquin, Mike Myers, Sara MacLaughlin, Ryan Goslin, Howie Mandel, John Candy, Norm MacDonald, Eugene Levy, The late Leslie Neilsen, Michael J. Fox, Holly Cole, Drake, Shaina Twain, Anne Murray, Joni Mitchell, Nelley Furtado, Tommy Chong, K.D. Lang and Justin Bieber (ok maybe not him); to mention just a few?

The fact you also gave us Celine Dion and Bryan Adams makes it a wash

To quote South Park "We have apologized for Bryan Adams on numerous occassions!".

And I can't even think about Celine Dion without getting a headache...

Last edited by Tobe on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Shoot I'm pretty sure 2/3 of my countrymen are out and out moronic douchebags. How else does one explain Charlie Sheen, Matt Damon, Paris Hilton, Nancy Pelosi, hip-hop, Daniel Steele, Noam Chomsky, The American Council of Bishops, or Congress?Of course it could be worse!

Laughing

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Tobe wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

lol! And where would the United States be without the contributions of great Canadians, such as William Shatner, Dan Akryod, Neil Young, Jim Carey, Pamela Anderson, Gordon Lightfoot, Michael Cera, Martin Short, Leonard Cohen, Ryan Reynolds, Christopher Plummer, Anna Paquin, Mike Myers, Sara MacLaughlin, Ryan Goslin, Howie Mandel, John Candy, Norm MacDonald, Eugene Levy, The late Leslie Neilsen, Michael J. Fox, Holly Cole, Drake, Shaina Twain, Anne Murray, Joni Mitchell, Nelley Furtado, Tommy Chong, K.D. Lang and Justin Bieber (ok maybe not him); to mention just a few?

no love between manny and donaire Url

All you needed to say was "where would the USA be without Robert Gordon Orr and the point would have been made Smile

Or maybe the great Gordon Sinclair?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next