The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight

4 posters

Go down

Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight Empty Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:15 pm

http://www.fuel.tv/prizefighter-teaser-premieres-april-1-at-10pm-ep-on-fuel-tv/

LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHTS II show airs Stateside tonight

As Prizefighter prepares for international fighters to make their debut on the series, we are delighted to announce that the Light-Heavyweights II show features on the Fox Network in America this weekend.

Fuel TV – part of Fox Sports Media Group – will transmit the quarter-finals of the Light-Heavyweights II night in Liverpool from 10pm EST, with the hour-long show repeated four times on Friday (1am and 4.30am) and Saturday (10.30pm and 1.30am). The semi-finals and final will be aired on Friday 8 April.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight Empty Re: Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

your all going to love prizefighter now

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight Empty Re: Prizefighter Tournament on US TV tonight

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:23 pm

dbudge wrote:your all going to love prizefighter now

who's in that LHW group?

did these fights already happen?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:36 pm

dbudge wrote:your all going to love prizefighter now
LOL....Robin Reid clown
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:51 pm

nah robin reid weren't in that one. he was super-middleweight. i think the light-heavyweights 2 happened ages ago. fuck knows, i don't really follow prizefighter to be honest

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:15 pm

What exactly is the goal of the tournament? Is it for some trinket, or is it to claim the winner is the Light HW Champ?

All in all, it's good publicity for a future opponent for the real Champ, whether it's Pascal or Hops.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

dbudge wrote:nah robin reid weren't in that one. he was super-middleweight. i think the light-heavyweights 2 happened ages ago. fuck knows, i don't really follow prizefighter to be honest

thats no good
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:17 pm

GrantZilla wrote:What exactly is the goal of the tournament? Is it for some trinket, or is it to claim the winner is the Light HW Champ?

All in all, it's good publicity for a future opponent for real Champ, whether it's Pascal or Hops.

Nah, its like a one night Contender Tournament
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:[Nah, its like a one night Contender Tournament

That's cool. Again, good publicity for future opponents for either PAscal or Hopkins
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:What exactly is the goal of the tournament? Is it for some trinket, or is it to claim the winner is the Light HW Champ?

All in all, it's good publicity for a future opponent for the real Champ, whether it's Pascal or Hops.

no it's just a bit of fun. it's for the fans. they have 8 fighters, quarter finals, semi finals, and the final all in one night. they get to put the show on Sky Sports and the pace is frantic. the whole point of the night is to crown a prizefighter winner. the winner obviously wins a prize. every fighter gets paid to be in it, about $7.5k but the winner gets what works out to about $60 - $80k depending on what weight class it is. these guys are all either journeymen, old washed up former names, 7 fight low key novices with winning records normally like a 6-1 guy or something etc etc and just generally very average fighters. it is purely done for entertainment

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:34 pm

dbudge wrote:
no it's just a bit of fun. it's for the fans. they have 8 fighters, quarter finals, semi finals, and the final all in one night. they get to put the show on Sky Sports and the pace is frantic. the whole point of the night is to crown a prizefighter winner. the winner obviously wins a prize. every fighter gets paid to be in it, about $7.5k but the winner gets what works out to about $60 - $80k depending on what weight class it is. these guys are all either journeymen, old washed up former names, 7 fight low key novices with winning records normally like a 6-1 guy or something etc etc and just generally very average fighters. it is purely done for entertainment

I caught the one with the Indian/Asian looking fighter, entertaining scrap
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:46 pm

dbudge wrote:nah robin reid weren't in that one. he was super-middleweight. i think the light-heavyweights 2 happened ages ago. fuck knows, i don't really follow prizefighter to be honest
Yeah, I know. My sarcasm was to show the validity of the show if they put a has been like Reid on it. Especially since he lost to a guy with 4 pro fights.

Last edited by flapanther2001 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix)
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Yeah, I know. My sarcasm was to show the validity of the show if they put a has been like Eeid on it. Especially since he lost to a guy with 4 pro fights.

it's actually quite an exciting format. decent little scraps. 3 x 3 minute rounds and the guys just go all out from the beginning. the winner and runner up only have to do 3 lots of 3 over 2 hours so they do throw caution to the wind from the beginning. makes it fun

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down