The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will any network show another HW fight?

+4
Soonermark890
captainanddew
gomez1012
GrantZilla
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will any network show another HW fight? Empty Will any network show another HW fight?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Shit, I won't be shocked after today if HBO and Showtime pass on the Wlad-Haye and even Adamek fight. HW boxing is poison right now
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Will any network show another HW fight? Empty Re: Will any network show another HW fight?

Post  gomez1012 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:25 pm

It is...

when the best HW in recent memory to me is Sergei Liahovic (sp) vs Breswter...shows you had far the division has fallen..

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Will any network show another HW fight? Empty Re: Will any network show another HW fight?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah, and two best challengers left is blown up light HW and a Cruiser with a bad chin and stamina
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:34 pm

And no light at the end of the tunnel...

Maybe Peter vs Helenius give us something to watch

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 pm

gomez1012 wrote:And no light at the end of the tunnel...

Maybe Peter vs Helenius give us something to watch

hopefully. Then again if Helenius doesn't win convincingly against the damaged goods (Mr. No Neck), then he has nothing for the future.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Why Why did butterbean retire?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Will any network show another HW fight? 354_l

Come on how much do you guys miss that face?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Will any network show another HW fight? 354_l

a face only a blind woman could love.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:12 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Will any network show another HW fight? 354_l

a face only a blind woman could love.
Yet you would give anything to see it again. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Wlad vs Haye and Vitali vs Adamek are worth showing. Otherwise, forget HW.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 pm

BTW what ever happened to Alonzo Butler? I remember him being tagged as the next big American HW hopeful. The guy has not fought since 2009. I looked him up and he pulled out of a fight on the Solis vs Vitali card. What is with our HW's?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:47 am

Yes, Haye vs Wladimir and Adamek vs Klit.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:15 am

Soonermark890 wrote:What is with our HW's?

They've all gotten soft and think they are entitled to a payday.

What's pathetic is, The Klits accomidate them. Fat fucks like Solis have no business getting payday title shot. He hadn't beaten a single top ten ranked opponent. He hadn't done shit in the pros to earn a title shot.

But division so pathetic, and so many trinkets with bullshit manditores, none these fat fucks have to do anything to get a payday title shot.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:28 am

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, and two best challengers left is blown up light HW and a Cruiser with a bad chin and stamina

Apologize to Tomasz Adamek.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:16 am

What I find sad is, what did EPIX expect? Did they actualy expect Vitali vs a smaller lard ass to be a good "fight?"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:18 am

GrantZilla wrote:What I find sad is, what did EPIX expect? Did they actualy expect Vitali vs a smaller lard ass to be a good "fight?"

Nobody saw this coming Grant, everyone expected the fight to be competitive for the first half.

Epix saw an opportunity to get in the market and jumped at the chance, you've gotta take risks in life to succeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:10 am

Ali wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:What I find sad is, what did EPIX expect? Did they actualy expect Vitali vs a smaller lard ass to be a good "fight?"

Nobody saw this coming Grant, everyone expected the fight to be competitive for the first half.

Epix saw an opportunity to get in the market and jumped at the chance, you've gotta take risks in life to succeed.
...i agree ali.its a new company one year old and this was a good way to attempt to sign up new members.there licsence fees probably was inexpensive and well worth the publicity for there company.there not in the possition yet of course to be a challenge to hbo or showtime for bigger fights but certainly can be a inbetween middle player above espn and below the 2 cable giants.
tv did not stop showing tyson fights when he was blowing competion out the door.there getting into boxing as a programing sourse and they did the right thing jumping on this fight for exposure.
there are perhaps 3 maybe 4 HW fights that are marketasble but the division is no longer the face of boxing .so what.the cruizers i feel have little marketable fights for the fans or general public also but overall the sport has plenty of fights and fighters that are desireable.they made the right move and the right choice ..they got a world class top fighter for a little more then espn money.it opened the door to fighters and promoters to seek them out as another sourse and it gives boxing fans a opportunity to enjoy more tv exposure of the sport..

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 am

isn't Epix parent company the same as HBO's though?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 am

No, Epix is Paramount. But Epix sports is run by former HBO guy Greenberg, who got fired a few years back for getting a DUI.

He should have known better. When was the last entertaining and competitive fight involving either Klit. And it's not the same as Tyson knocking some guy across the ring
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:11 am

the mention of Greenberg must have got me confused with Greenburg... well Epix is another potential broadcaster out of the frame. you have to feel bad for Vitali, they put on a show out there then all of a sudden that freak accident happened

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:26 pm

They probably bought the fight cheap and hoped for the best
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:08 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

They probably bought the fight cheap and hoped for the best

while I feel a little bad for Epix as this undoubtedly is the worst case scenario, I would hope they have plans to show a few fights over the next 4-5 months while figuring out their programming.

Looking online at the movies they had playing, it looked like it could be an interesting channel. Too bad though. I can't justify paying for 3 pay channels. I don't believe comcast carries it so I don't have to make that decision.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:17 pm

captainanddew wrote:
while I feel a little bad for Epix as this undoubtedly is the worst case scenario, I would hope they have plans to show a few fights over the next 4-5 months while figuring out their programming.

Looking online at the movies they had playing, it looked like it could be an interesting channel. Too bad though. I can't justify paying for 3 pay channels. I don't believe comcast carries it so I don't have to make that decision.

+1

I thought the same thing when I saw the movies they where airing. A lot better than what the current premium movie channels are showing

They dedicated the fight to Jay Larkin, if they stick to his words "great fights, no rights" they should do alright
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Had to laugh at Jeremy Schapp on ESPN The Reporters this morning, he was pleading with the Kilt brothers to fight each other, saying that's the only fight that can save heavyweight boxing.

Sad part is, he might be right. Shocked
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Just doesn't make sense why the HWs suck so much
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next