The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight

3 posters

Go down

Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight  Empty Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:35 pm

And likely not Pac fight either. The announcers for the Cotto fight will be Steve Albert, Al Bernstein, Antonio Tarver and Jim Gray

Here is them giving their keys to victory for Cotto-Mayorga fight
http://www.boxeomundial.net/boxeo.php?category=english&id=22088
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight  Empty Re: Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Rather have Gus Johnson than Jim Grey.

Back to top Go down

Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight  Empty Re: Sigh of releif...Gus won't be announcing Cotto fight

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Jim Grey doesn't do shit except interview the fighters. So I'll take that over Gus creaming his pants every second calling the fight
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Jim Grey doesn't do shit except interview the fighters. So I'll take that over Gus creaming his pants every second calling the fight

yeah, you can turn after the fight is over. Do the fighters really say anything worthwhile in the interview after the fight? No. If Gus is on we have to hear him go nutz for no fucking reason.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 am

I really wish Showtime would replace Johnson with Curt Menefee.

Jim Gray is a repulsive pile of excrement. He is just below Sheridan and just above Atlas on the list of boxing TV personalities that I most despise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Canvas wrote:I really wish Showtime would replace Johnson with Curt Menefee.

Jim Gray is a repulsive pile of excrement. He is just below Sheridan and just above Atlas on the list of boxing TV personalities that I most despise.

Why don't you just say what you really think canvas. Razz

I agree, Menefee is much easier to listen to, then Johnson.

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Albert, Bernstein, and Tarver are the best 3 man booth in the bizness. Menefee does nothing for me. Gus should stay doing Strikeforce and NFL games.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down