The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALVAREZ A HUGE STAR

3 posters

Go down

ALVAREZ A HUGE STAR Empty ALVAREZ A HUGE STAR

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:45 pm

according to the wbc home page the alvarez fight drew 60 million viewers a new record.it didnt say if the UK was considered but at 4.30 am or so i doubt there were any big numbers from there.hes a superstar in mexico for sure where most of thoses numbers probably came from..a question ..what would a floyd-alvarez fight do ppv wise.im not saying its going to happen but certainly i think it may crack 2 million ppvs.
if floyd watched that fight would he see dollar signs galor and a see fighter he think he can beat.could that fight mean a 25 million dollar payday or more for both.
if i was a floyd adviser id ask him take the kid on at 154...what do you think.

Back to top Go down

ALVAREZ A HUGE STAR Empty Re: ALVAREZ A HUGE STAR

Post  dbudge Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:01 pm

i don't think even Floyd Mayweather would have the audacity to try and pull a stunt like that when there is no clear reason for him and Manny Pacquiao (a guy nearer to his level) not to fight. imagine the ridicule. the press would absolutely murder him. i'd say stay well away from exploring that idea if i was an advisor. but i'm pretty sure that Mayweather doesn't pay much attention to his advisors

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

The fight wasn't shown live in the UK, Sky showed a delayed coverage during Sunday dinner time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 pm

thanks ali.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 pm

@danrafaelespn HBO spreading the word that Saturday's Saul Alvarez-Matthew Hatton fight was most watched 'BAD' main event in 2 years. 1.4 million viewers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:41 pm

thats good indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I wonder how long it'll be before HBO start putting Canelo on PPV.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Canelo is good, but his talent doesnt match his hype. He should have stayed at Welter, but it doesnt seem he wants to drain himself to make weight. The 154 pound division is full of sharks and the boxing fans will want him to face someone good very soon because Canelos a paper champ now and it will ruin him. Sad to say, but top guys like Cintron, Angulo, Kirkland, Williams, Vanes, SD and Lara could all school him. Hes either gonna lose in the next 2 years when he takes on anyone thats any good or take the Berto route and become the most over paid fighter for taking on a bunch of nobodies.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:08 pm

acording to espn dan r today alvarez and GB are asking hbo to hold june 18 for a ppv in mexico for alvarez.so ali there starting now with the ppv.ill bet its a safe defense for sure because there also planing a sept 17 date which is mexican independence day.the names submitted to hbo are secret thus far for june 18.he can sell tickets and even if its a stiff 350 -450 thousand could be a possibilty.maybe more.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Canelo vs. Angulo in Mexico would make me happy. I might even buy a case of Tecate that night.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:15 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Canelo vs. Angulo in Mexico would make me happy. I might even buy a case of Tecate that night.
...lol tempting fight .the case sounds good and im not a beer drinker.red wine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down