The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw.

+4
hardcorebee24
ScottLevinson
captainanddew
Diego408
8 posters

Go down

Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw. Empty Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw.

Post  Diego408 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:09 pm

nothing perfect in boxing, but how the hell can you have Salido above Gamboa when Gamboa easily beat Salido already.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw. Empty Re: Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw.

Post  captainanddew Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:13 pm

I stopped giving creedence to their formula a long time ago. The site is useful for looking up a fighter's detailed record. Nothing more.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw. Empty Re: Why Boxrec's formaula has a huge flaw.

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:51 pm

The ranking system is weird, especially all-time. I wrote it off as BS when I saw Ken Lakusta ranked higher all-time than Jack Johnson. That's an exaggeration, but their all-time rankings are hilarious.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:53 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:The ranking system is weird, especially all-time. I wrote it off as BS when I saw Ken Lakusta ranked higher all-time than Jack Johnson. That's an exaggeration, but their all-time rankings are hilarious.

Yeah, they're like the George Carlin of boxing sites. Absolutely hilarious.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:01 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
ScottLevinson wrote:The ranking system is weird, especially all-time. I wrote it off as BS when I saw Ken Lakusta ranked higher all-time than Jack Johnson. That's an exaggeration, but their all-time rankings are hilarious.

Yeah, they're like the George Carlin of boxing sites. Absolutely hilarious.

I was thinking more the Franklin Ajaye of boxing websites, but your point is well-taken.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah, there points formula doesn't work. If fighter A loses to fighter B, but still has more points, he still ranks higher.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 am

boxrec is still a great site. It has fighter's records at your fingertips. That alone is enough. Its stupid ranking system can be discarded.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:11 pm

I wish they could provide rankings for a specific date or month instead of just annually.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:18 pm

I like their site and I think while the formula is flawed, it still helps you put in perspective where a fighter is at. For instance, I think 1-20 are solid fighters at most weight classes but then 21-50 are guys that should be in an elimination fight at best. After that, the guys are worthless and shouldn't even be considered.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 pm

They got Tarver now ranked 2nd at Cruiser

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down