The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns promised Fana next

3 posters

Go down

Burns promised Fana next  Empty Burns promised Fana next

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:54 am

The Coatbridge fighter makes the second defence of his WBO super-featherweight title against Ghana's Joseph Laryea in Glasgow's Braehead Arena on Saturday.

And if he wins that bout he has been promised a unification fight against South Africa's IBF belt holder Mzonke Fana.

Nelson said: "If we beat Laryea then Ricky will have a unification fight.

"If he wins that - and the Ring Magazine belt that goes with it - then he will have eclipsed anything any other Scottish boxer has achieved.

"Once Ricky wins the unification fight he'll become the mandatory challenger to the WBO champion Marquez - if we move up to lightweight.

"That's something to aim for but we're not looking past the next fight.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/boxing-news/2011/03/08/ricky-burns-is-on-the-road-to-becoming-scotland-s-greatest-fighter-says-trainer-billy-nelson-86908-22974598/
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Burns promised Fana next  Empty Re: Burns promised Fana next

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 am

damn right. I'm a fan. His belt winning effort(ton of guts displayed) and subsequent desire to get the ring belt have earned my respect.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Hope Burns vs Fana happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if the WBO tries to stop it. Burns is about to have his second optional defense and the WBO want an eliminator between Martinez and Cruz next month.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 pm

Ali wrote:Hope Burns vs Fana happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if the WBO tries to stop it. Burns is about to have his second optional defense and the WBO want an eliminator between Martinez and Cruz next month.

I think he'll dump the belt for chance to take Fana's trinket and The Ring belt
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Hope Burns vs Fana happens, but I wouldn't be surprised if the WBO tries to stop it. Burns is about to have his second optional defense and the WBO want an eliminator between Martinez and Cruz next month.

I hope he does if left with that choice. He would earn my ultimate respect.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:19 pm

GrantZilla wrote:

No chance, Frank Warren fighters adore their silly trinkets.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Ali wrote:

Come on, don't ruin my happy moment here. I like this kid Burns. And he realy wants to fight Fana and get Ring belt. So I'm giving him benift of the doubt here, and him telling Warren and WBO to fuck off if they try to stop it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:26 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:

Come on, don't ruin my happy moment here. I like this kid Burns. And he realy wants to fight Fana and get Ring belt. So I'm giving him benift of the doubt here, and him telling Warren and WBO to fuck off if they try to stop it.

Ricky won't do that, it's not in his nature. Plus with the WBO belt around his waist all the media and news programs will call him world champion. Plus Frank isn't going to let Ricky vacate it when he can sell his fights as a title bout.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Shit like this realy disgusts me.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 am

I'll be cheering for Burns all the way if he follows that plan and recognizes the Ring belt as the true world championship.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:22 pm

if he fights Fana he will still be fighting for a paper strap so it's no skin off his nose if he dumps the WBO. it will only do his stock good and he will have a shot at being undisputed in the division and claiming the Ring Magazine title. it's the easiest shot Burns will ever have of becoming an undisputed champion. it's upto Burns who he wants to fight and if he wants the Fana fight then Warren will deliver that to him. that fight makes Warren the most money so i think it will happen after Burns' next defence. Warren could have that as a massive event in Scotland

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down