The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011

+3
Tobe
Soonermark890
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011 Empty Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011

Post  gomez1012 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:21 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011 Empty Re: Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:24 pm

LMAO at Margo and his messed up face.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011 Empty Re: Margarito leaves hospital, promised a Cotto rematch for Mid 2011

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:32 pm

My own view is Margarito looked like more or less the same guy who beat Cotto in the Manny fight. THAT guy beats Cotto a hundred times out of a hundred. But I don't think we'll ever see that guy again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:My own view is Margarito looked like more or less the same guy who beat Cotto in the Manny fight. THAT guy beats Cotto a hundred times out of a hundred. But I don't think we'll ever see that guy again.
I saw a guy who is even slower than before and could only do something when manny let him. I think at this point Cotto and Margo are going in different directions. Cotto has a great trainer now and looked pretty good his last time out. Margo has not looked very good his last 3 outings.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:My own view is Margarito looked like more or less the same guy who beat Cotto in the Manny fight. THAT guy beats Cotto a hundred times out of a hundred. But I don't think we'll ever see that guy again.

Putting aside the wrap issue (which is no small thing) I don't see him as the same guy today at all. He's older for one, and after Saturday he's A LOT more shopworn. Lesser beatings than that have ruined guys.

I agree the style match is a bad one for Cotto. But given what Margo has lost and Cotto boxing a bit more with Steward in his corner I think he has a much better chance now.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Tobe wrote:

Putting aside the wrap issue (which is no small thing) I don't see him as the same guy today at all. He's older for one, and after Saturday he's A LOT more shopworn. Lesser beatings than that have ruined guys.
I agree the style match is a bad one for Cotto. But given what Margo has lost and Cotto boxing a bit more with Steward in his corner I think he has a much better chance now.

Agreed!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:LMAO at Margo and his messed up face.

I told you his chin was still there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Tobe wrote:

+1 That's how I feel

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Cotto is going to be better preserved than Margarito after the beating Cheato took last week. Plus, Cotto isn't holding his hands with the elbows bowed out on defense. It will be harder for Cheato to land uppercut after uppercut this time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Tony still has a chance to wear Cotto down, Miguel isn't as mobile as Manny at getting out of dangerous positions, and even Tony was able to hurt Manny with a body shot when he got caught on the ropes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Ali wrote:

Thats all thats still there.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Whether Margarito has lost it or not, Cotto still can't fight going backwards.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:50 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Chin, heart, determination, sadistic affection for pain and punishment.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 pm

HBO better stick to their guns and make this a regular HBO fight.

If Greenberg had balls, he'd offer 3 mill between the two. If Arum refuses, he can put it on his nich Top Rank PPV, and then HBO could counter program the same night, and Arum be lucky after all the expenses to make a profit.

Fucking time HBO flexes their muscles and give us who pay for HBO to see good fights what we want.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

And babe to go home to.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

And babe to go home to.

yeah, I'd find another one after she clapped while I was getting my ass kicked and my face re-arranged.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 pm

cotto-margo i cant see as a ppv fight.hbo yes.mid may means cotto rematch with pac is out..good for that..will it be the winner of the jan 29th fight..dont be suprized.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

And a broken face.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:18 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Ali wrote:

And babe to go home to.

A babe who enjoys having air biscuits launched in her direction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Look I like Cotto and all, but a lot of people complained that Marg didn't deserve that huge chance and payday against Pac and got all pissy about Pac/Marg. And now he's getting another chance? Cotto by many is still considered to be a top 20 at least P4P guy, and still remains the third biggest draw in the US. Can't have double standards can we?

Wring all the cash you can outta em I guess.

I couldn't care less if I never saw Cheato ever again. But if he wants to fight big again, he needs to claw his way back from the abyss.. Arum won't have it however. He's still fairly popular and promoters can do whatever despite what the fans want.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down