The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever?

5 posters

Go down

Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever? Empty Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever?

Post  Shaun Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:49 pm

I've been very disturbed by the lack of respect that Fedor has been receiving since his two defeats. The dude literally went 31-0 before receiving his first real loss. He was fighting roided up future and former UFC champions during this process. He was also commonly the smaller opponent in the fights.

MMA fans really, really annoy me. The reason behind it is MMA has far more casual fans than Boxing does. So they spout their opinions left and right without really knowing what in the hell they are talking about.

It's a damn shame, because Fedor SHOULD be recognized as the best MMA fighter of all time... but he won't be.

EDIT: I'm sure the Russians will see him as the best ever.. and maybe the Japanese too. Americans? Well, that would be Chuck Liddel of course... Rolling Eyes
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever? Empty Re: Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever?

Post  Deeznutz Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Most fighters will tell you he is the GOAT. Just about all respectable MMA fighters know the truth, it's the UFC fan boys lead by Dana that don't know the truth. Most "hardcore" fans will tell you he is the Greatest Of All Time, because in reality that's exactly what he is.
Now with MMA evolving all the time there are others out there that could one day get into the discussion. But right now no other fighter is even in the discussion. 31 wins in a row without a loss? Despite what some people(Dana White) want you to think, he was not fighting cans.
There is a reason why even current UFC fighters will tell you he is the GOAT.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever? Empty Re: Will Fedor be remembered as the best ever?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Best HW so far in MMA, but the sport is very young.

I could see Silva or GSP overtaking him in the ATG discussion at some stage if they continue to be successful. GSP has enough time on his side to really give Fedor a run for his money.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Ali wrote:Best HW so far in MMA, but the sport is very young.

I could see Silva or GSP overtaking him in the ATG discussion at some stage if they continue to be successful. GSP has enough time on his side to really give Fedor a run for his money.

Yeah like I said as of right now, no one else is in the discussion. But down the road you could possibly have GSP, Aldo or maybe even Shogun depending on how their careers play out. They are all still fairly young.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Fedor is the GOAT. Anderson hasn't beaten enough legends to be considered. GSP though is still young and has a shot. If he beats Anderson for the MW title then he will be the GOAT. Jon Jones is young and has a shot also.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 pm

freakzilla wrote:Fedor is the GOAT. Anderson hasn't beaten enough legends to be considered. GSP though is still young and has a shot. If he beats Anderson for the MW title then he will be the GOAT. Jon Jones is young and has a shot also.

No.

GSP will have to do alot more than that to become GOAT.

Silva has beaten legends, but what he really needs to do is have more success at Light Heavyweight to have a strong case for GOAT discussion.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 am

Which legends has Anderson Silva beat? Please don't say Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort or Forrest Griffin. I'll give him Dan Henderson but that was after Rampage had already beat him also.

If GSP beats Anderson Silva at MW then that would be the greatest accomplishment any MMA fighter has ever done. GSP's resume would be better than Fedor's and GSP would be the goat.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 am

freakzilla wrote:Which legends has Anderson Silva beat? Please don't say Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort or Forrest Griffin. I'll give him Dan Henderson but that was after Rampage had already beat him also.

If GSP beats Anderson Silva at MW then that would be the greatest accomplishment any MMA fighter has ever done. GSP's resume would be better than Fedor's and GSP would be the goat.

I am sorry Freak I love you bro but when it comes to GSP you're way too biased.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:21 am

I love you too Ali but you hate him way too much.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:52 am

freakzilla wrote:Which legends has Anderson Silva beat? Please don't say Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort or Forrest Griffin. I'll give him Dan Henderson but that was after Rampage had already beat him also.

Hell no, I don't think you are fully appreciating the 31 fight winning streak. Talk about beating former Champions and Legends, Fedor beat them all. He had no slip ups in his prime. He didn't get tapped out by a flying leglock by a smaller fighter(Chonan) and he also didn't get clipped and KO'd by a smaller fighter(Serra). Fedor never coward at the feet of his idol(GSP vs Hughes 1). There was a point in time where Anderson was 12-3 being finished in 2 of those fights.
GSP has to do a hell of alot more then beat Anderson to be the GOAT.
GSP's longest winning streak is 8 fights(his current streak). He has work to do to catch Fedor, but he is still fairly young.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 am

You have to include Fedor's recent 2 losses. He's 34 and is 2 years younger than Anderson Silva and Shane Carwin. He is 13 years younger than Randy Couture so no excuses about him being old. I love Fedor but if GSP is able to move up a division and defeat the best MW fighter of all-time and the 2nd greatest fighter of all-time after completely cleaning out the WW division then there is a good argument about him being the GOAT.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:03 am

freakzilla wrote:You have to include Fedor's recent 2 losses. He's 34 and is 2 years younger than Anderson Silva and Shane Carwin. He is 13 years younger than Randy Couture so no excuses about him being old. I love Fedor but if GSP is able to move up a division and defeat the best MW fighter of all-time and the 2nd greatest fighter of all-time after completely cleaning out the WW division then there is a good argument about him being the GOAT.

I think you are crazy if you think GSP is just 1 fight away from being in the discussion. GSP moving up and beating Spider isn't any more impressive then Fedor beating larger opponents his entire career. Fedor may be younger(1 year) then Spider but he had 33 fights of wear and tear before he lost(Anderson only has 32 total fights). Anderson is one of those fighters that didn't hit his prime until later in his career. You are a prisoner of the moment, because here and now Spider and GSP are on there current runs you aren't giving Fedor his due for the run he had. His run was far more impressive then what either has done to this point.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:06 pm

GSP beating Anderson is more impressive than any fight Fedor has won by a mile.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:13 pm

freakzilla wrote:GSP beating Anderson is more impressive than any fight Fedor has won by a mile.

I strongly disagree. His first win over Big Nog was more impressive. Nog was a huge favorite and the best HW in the World at the time. Then going through the Pride Grand Prix in 2004 and beating Nog again after that is more impessive than GSP beating Anderson. Sorry but it's not even close IMO. That was all part of the epic run Fedor had that GSP hasn't even come close to matching.
Honestly we aren't going to agree on this, I couldn't disagree more with your line of thought on this subject.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Silva is the greatest MW of all-time and outweighs GSP by 25 pounds naturally. GSP beating Silva is way more impressive than Fedor beating Nog and it ain't even close.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm

I think Fedor is the best of his era, which is impressive considering the people who have fought in his time. His stats will only look better over time too because no heavyweights are going to be 31-0 any time soon. However, it's hard for me to think of him at the GOAT because I can see the sport evolving every year. I doubt I'll be able to say he's the best fighter to ever do it in 5 years even if he remains the most accomplished.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:02 am

ugggh Hayato Sakurai (when Sakurai was at his absolute prime), Dan Henderson what a joke to say dont count Franklin (Franklin was on a much better terror through the division than Hughes was when GSP beat him).
Franklin was just on a 21-1 and 1 NC run before being absolutely destroyed by Anderson (the 1 loss was to Machida at 205)

Add in Carlos Newton and Vitor Belfort .......so Anderson beat 4 greats, then add in Jeremy Horn, Nate Marquardt, Chael Sonnen, Griffin, Maia and Cote.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:05 am

freak sorry your GSP argument is bad

Hughes and BJ Penn and ................. do you count Sherk as a ATG?

Problem is whenever someone tells me GSP is the greatest all time all i gotta say is he didnt look great falling all over the ring vs Matt Serra

Sorry, getting your ass blitzkrieged against a huge dog affects the legacy, just ask Lennox Lewis

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 am

Well losing to Werdum and Bigfoot doesn't help either.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:14 am

Anyways I said IF he beats Anderson at middleweight. Right now I have it-

1. Fedor Emelianenko
2. Anderson Silva
3. GSP
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:19 pm

freakzilla wrote:Well losing to Werdum and Bigfoot doesn't help either.

sorry brother thats like saying well Muhammad lost to Leon Spinks and Larry Holmes, he couldnt be number 1

Look, GSP lost making a huge rookie mistake vs Matt Hughes and getting drilled onto queer street by Serra, know how many finishes GSP has had since that fight??? Look it up, youll be surprised

GSP isnt even 3rd guys like Frank Shamrock and Randy Couture are higher in the GOAT discussion, so is Bas Rutten I mean he only went 22-0 in his last 22 fights.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Is it true that Silva is one of the only fighters out there who holds wins over top ten guys in three divisions ?

A long time ago Silva was the #1 welterweight who came close to fighting Matt Hughes. In my opinion that is the true definition of a P4P fighter, successful in multiple divisions.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

bird wrote:
freakzilla wrote:Well losing to Werdum and Bigfoot doesn't help either.

sorry brother thats like saying well Muhammad lost to Leon Spinks and Larry Holmes, he couldnt be number 1

Look, GSP lost making a huge rookie mistake vs Matt Hughes and getting drilled onto queer street by Serra, know how many finishes GSP has had since that fight??? Look it up, youll be surprised

GSP isnt even 3rd guys like Frank Shamrock and Randy Couture are higher in the GOAT discussion, so is Bas Rutten I mean he only went 22-0 in his last 22 fights.

There is nothing wrong with Fedor to compare him to Ali. Fedor is still only 34 and is 2 years younger than Anderson who is still destroying opponents.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:01 pm

freak do you even believe the stuff you just say or just dig a whole and keep digging deeper ???

Ya all fighters age the same

Fedor was destroying Pride (WHO HAD THE BEST HEAVYWEIGHTS IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE YOU KNOW NOTHING) while Anderson was losing some fights.

Your problem = you havent been watching mma very long this is evidenced by the fact 3 current fighters are your top 3 fighters of all time.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:20 pm

I've been watching it since 1999 and have watched all the early UFC's. Fedor hasn't slipped in any category. He's just fighting bigger more well rounded guys now. The giants in his Pride days weren't that skilled. I love Fedor and he is the GOAT but GSP has a chance to surpass him.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down