The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline

3 posters

Go down

Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline Empty Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:42 pm

The sissification of our society continues.

Look around: Kids wear helmets when they ride their little tricycles. Grown men don full face masks to play beer league hockey. Kids don’t even walk to school anymore — especially rich kids.

And now even worse news. Boxing is being tossed out of the Canada Winter Games.

Why? Well, apparently boxing doesn’t score high enough to be included in the CWG, though I’ve always had my suspicions that the powers that run amateur sport in this nanny state don’t approve of boxing because, well, they attract kids from the wrong side of the tracks ... kids who hit each other!

But here’s the real kick in the ass.

The Canada Games Council is dumping boxing for the 2015 Winter Games, and, in its place, is adding trampoline. Apparently bloody trampoline scores higher in the CWG selection criteria than does boxing.

Forgot that boxing is a sport with a proud and rich history at the CWG and attracts the biggest crowds. They’re expecting sell-out crowds at the old Halifax Forum over the next couple of days for the boxing semi-finals and finals at the CWG. Unfortunately, at least to the Canada Games Council, the fact that boxing draws crowds means nothing. Needless to say, that doesn’t sit well with Boxing Canada executive director Robert Crete.

“What’s the use of having the Canada Winter Games with a bunch of sports that don’t attract crowds?” Crete said on Thursday. “If you’re not getting the crowds, you’re not getting sponsorship. And that’s what the Canada Games has always needed.”

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnists/steve_buffery/2011/02/24/17400091.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline Empty Re: Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 am

Since when is boxing part of the Winter Games?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline Empty Re: Pussification what hurting boxing...Canada throws boxing out Winter Games for Trampoline

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:11 am

Don't get it confused with Olympic Winter Games. It's the Canada Winter Games
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:22 am

OK....I got it...now....WTF are the Canada Winter Games?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 am

I 've actually been watching the gold medal fights tonight. Damn entertaining!

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 pm

I never did get why they had boxing as part of the winter games anyway... it's in the summer games at all other levels (Commonwealth, Olympics, etc.). Still, always fun to see fights from the old Halifax Forum; brings back a lot of memories for me Smile
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down