The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Blame Canada

+5
UBeeg9cats
Groundhog
GrantZilla
bird
Tobe
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Don't Blame Canada Empty Don't Blame Canada

Post  Tobe Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 pm

B-Hop and some others are, predictably, crying foul over the decision last night. To me, there's no justifiable reason why Hopkins or anyone would refuse to fight in Quebec again. The ref, judges and others were as good as you'd get anywhere and certainly gave no reason to feel any injustice happened. All Canada brought to the table (again) was a big enthousiastic crowd and a great night for boxing.

I wasn't scoring the fight, but Hopkins was impressive and I thought he was going out early. I was saying from the time the match was made this was one Hopkins could win. I have no issue with the draw and I'd like to see a rematch.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Don't Blame Canada Empty Re: Don't Blame Canada

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:19 pm

The comments from Hopkins and Schaefer were revolting and offensive. I can understand feeling that you won a close fight, especially when you finished it stronger, but I went from being in awe of Bernard to being disgusted by him in the span of a few minutes. Hopkins has cried about conspiracy theories and robberies for all his losses it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:22 pm

o why would no one want to fight in Canada

Luciab Bute vs Librade Andrado , Ali Funeka vs Joan Guzman, and know Hopkins (who i didnt have a problem with the judging, it was the ref who was a joke)

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Get off it Canvas. The dude is almost 46 years old, fought his ass off, outworked and out punched a guy 18 years younger then him, and felt he won.

He has every reason to beleive so. What do you expect a fighter to say right after a fight he felt he won?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:24 pm

holy shit grantzillas speaking the truth

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 pm

I don't like it when countries are singled out as the fault for controversial decisions, but when the opposing fighter loses a close decision or gets a draw they'll always cry about hometown decisions and this is why we never leave blah, blah blah.

For as long as they'll be humans running the sport there is always going to be errors, no country will ever be a saint and keep a 100% record.

Last edited by Ali on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:28 pm

It's become such a habit!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:29 pm

Seriously it was a great fight, well refereed, amazing atmosphere and properly judged.

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Get off it Canvas. The dude is almost 46 years old, fought his ass off, outworked and out punched a guy 18 years younger then him, and felt he won.

He has every reason to beleive so. What do you expect a fighter to say right after a fight he felt he won?

Um, "I wish I hadn't been dropped three times?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:33 pm

"well at least it's not Texas."

jk Shocked

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Grant, did you even read my post ? Where did I say Hopkins was wrong to think he won?

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of hearing "45 years old" coming up from Hopkins and his supporters like that has any bearing to the decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Canvas wrote:Grant, did you even read my post ? Where did I say Hopkins was wrong to think he won?

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of hearing "45 years old" coming up from Hopkins and his supporters like that has any bearing to the decision.

Me too, Bernard is a master technician who knows every trick in the book, it's his experience and ring generalship which almost won him the fight.

Hopkins is a lock for Canastota and arguably in the top 50 ATG, losing or drawing with a legend like Bernard is nothing to be ashamed of.

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:44 pm

gotta disagree on the ref part marble he warned Pascal about 6 times to stop hitting behind the head he should have taken a point and he damn near did in the 12th.

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 pm

bird wrote:o why would no one want to fight in Canada

Luciab Bute vs Librade Andrado , Ali Funeka vs Joan Guzman, and know Hopkins (who i didnt have a problem with the judging, it was the ref who was a joke)

Right, 'cause no other places have fights with questionable calls. Rolling Eyes The only difference is there are people in stands when it happens in Canada.

And how exactly was the ref a joke? He made the right call on the knockdowns, despite what Hopkins said (would you expect him NOT to say that?).
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 pm

I love the atmosphere from Canadian crowds, they can be electric at times when they're really engrossed by the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Canvas wrote:

Canvas, just admit you hate American fighters and will always side with the non-American.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:27 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Canvas, just admit you hate American fighters and will always side with the non-American.

Stop it Grant, Canvas has sided many times against my favorite limeys.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm a much bigger fan of Hopkins than most but I can admit this fight wasn't a robbery. Going into ANY enemy territory whether its Canada, US, or Germany, I feel like a fighter needs to CLEARLY win 8 rounds instead of 7 to win. Crowds affect judges at all places. I feel like I deserve part of the W of Alexander against Kotelnik Laughing . Germany it might be 10 rounds instead of 8 but most other places are the same. BHop getting dropped twice means he needed 9 instead of 8 to feel comfortable. He won at least 6. I felt he won the 8 that he needed (4-7 and 9-12) but he didn't clearly win them all. Round 2, 4, 8, and 12 were all close which means if Pascal had received all close rounds ala Germany, he would've won 114-112. Good fight and I wouldn't mind the rematch. BHop wouldn't want to beat Big George by only 38 days anyways Very Happy

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:36 pm

blaming canida is nonsence..the officals came from beligium and the usa thats 2 out of 3..canada has great fight cities awsome enthusiastic crowds big crowds and is a plus to the fight game...bo-hop is wrong there for hometown descions are all over the world at times...anser that by going for the knockout..and not just the last round..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:43 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:It's become such a habit!

Laughing Cartman and Kenny's mom have me in stitches.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:04 pm

bird wrote:gotta disagree on the ref part marble he warned Pascal about 6 times to stop hitting behind the head he should have taken a point and he damn near did in the 12th.

Disagree. BHOP got a gift by having that third KD not count.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Tobe wrote:B-Hop and some others are, predictably, crying foul over the decision last night. To me, there's no justifiable reason why Hopkins or anyone would refuse to fight in Quebec again. The ref, judges and others were as good as you'd get anywhere and certainly gave no reason to feel any injustice happened. All Canada brought to the table (again) was a big enthousiastic crowd and a great night for boxing.
I wasn't scoring the fight, but Hopkins was impressive and I thought he was going out early. I was saying from the time the match was made this was one Hopkins could win. I have no issue with the draw and I'd like to see a rematch.

Don't worry about it Tobe, even if it was a bit of a hometown decision in Canada for Pascal, that happens everywhere. Everyone knows what a bitch Hop is, he'd complain even if he lost a fight in his hometown of Philadelphia, and all the Judges were from Pennsylvania. Fuck what Hopkins thinks, Canada, it's fans and Canadian fighters have been great for boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:42 pm

What country was to blame for the James Toney/Dave Tiberi decision?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:35 pm

i dont blame canada because its not even a real country lol!
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Pascal hit in the back of the head all night and got away wtih pulling a Ricky Hatton when he clocked Bernard in the back of the head against the ropes late in the fight, then he did it again in the 12th all the ref did was continue saying I will take a point

If you say that twice in a fight for the same thing your fucking up

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum