The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking

+7
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
Groundhog
dbudge
hardcorebee24
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking Empty How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 pm

I say time to drop him from both. Hasn't fought in over six months, isn't scheduled to fight anyone. Personal issues, not medical, are keeping him from fighting.

In-activity should not be rewarded.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking Empty Re: How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:06 pm

I say drop him. Also why doesnt he just announce his retirement. Thats what is going to happen. He will get a couple of years in jail get out poor. Go back to boxing and get his ass kicked.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking Empty Re: How long should Mayweather keep his P4P and Welter ranking

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Floyd shouldn't be ranked in either. I would like to see guys who don't have a scheduled fight or who are not at least trying to negotiate a fight within three months of their last fight be dropped from publications and websites i.e. The Ring and Boxrec.

So an example of my plan is :

Floyd beats Mosley in May and by August he should have had a fight scheduled or he tried and his opponent or himself was hurt or some other extenuating circumstance delayed the fight or it was called off. If that doesn't happen then the fighter is dropped from rankings until there is a result from their next fight. Floyd should not have a ranking until he finishes (win or lose) his next fight.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:15 pm

I agree, fighters should be fighting every three months tops. But sadily not how it is today, and you'd be dropping a lot fighters off lists for being in-active.

I say, six months. Your ass not in the ring within six months, or if don't got a legit medical problem, you lose 5 spots in the ranking. 12 months, you're gone!

With Floyd, he isn't going to fight by May. Which make it 12 months. So might well just drop him off.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I agree, fighters should be fighting every three months tops. But sadily not how it is today, and you'd be dropping a lot fighters off lists for being in-active.

I say, six months. Your ass not in the ring within six months, or if don't got a legit medical problem, you lose 5 spots in the ranking. 12 months, you're gone!

With Floyd, he isn't going to fight by May. Which make it 12 months. So might well just drop him off.

I was not saying that they should be fighting, I was saying that they should be at least scheduled to fight in three months of their previous fight. So for example Floyd fought in May by August his next fight should be scheduled, now if that fight was scheduled in November fine at least it is scheduled.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

I'm fine with that too.

I say fuck the fanboys. Mayweather fags can cry all they want about their lover getting dumped. Can't blame some BS GB biase with The Ring, since he's jungled up with GB.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:25 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm fine with that too.

I say fuck the fanboys. Mayweather fags can cry all they want about their lover getting dumped. Can't blame some BS GB biase with The Ring, since he's jungled up with GB.

I don't care what the fuck anyone thinks fuck any fighter if they don't fight. If Floyd fought four time s a year and was an asshole like he is now I would probably love the guy. I feel the same way about him that I did with Oscar, stop being a part time fighter and give us fights.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:29 pm

come May, Floyd should be dropped from all rankings if he still isn't ready to fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:33 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I don't care what the fuck anyone thinks fuck any fighter if they don't fight. If Floyd fought four time s a year and was an asshole like he is now I would probably love the guy. I feel the same way about him that I did with Oscar, stop being a part time fighter and give us fights.

I totaly agree. I don't give a fuck about a fighter's personality, as long as they actualy have a personality.

Long as your active, fighting the top guys in your division, all good to me.

And I agree to, why I disliked Oscar for a long time. He stopped being a fighter long before he retired, and was just a promoter/suit that fought once in a while
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Froch is a cocky bastard, but he fights the best guys in the division one after the other, so what shit you gonna say to him? lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I say time to drop him from both. Hasn't fought in over six months, isn't scheduled to fight anyone. Personal issues, not medical, are keeping him from fighting.

the fight with Mosley was May 1st last year. He is almost up to 10 months and he doesn't even have a fight scheduled. I say you sit for 10 months your punk ass should be kicked from the rankings.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm

captainanddew wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I say time to drop him from both. Hasn't fought in over six months, isn't scheduled to fight anyone. Personal issues, not medical, are keeping him from fighting.

the fight with Mosley was May 1st last year. He is almost up to 10 months and he doesn't even have a fight scheduled. I say you sit for 10 months your punk ass should be kicked from the rankings.

Yup. No point even having him ranked. He's irrelevant at this point. If he dropped out Welter rankings, Berto be # 2 ranked Welter. So a Pac-Berto fight could be for legit Welter Championship
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 pm

It should be May. He isn't fighting anytime soon plus it will put a little incentive for Pac to face Berto. I still predict Pac to get the Ring WW and JMW belts before its all said and done. He will beat Berto for WW and Cotto (who gets crowned for beating Cintron) for JMW.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 pm

I know this might sound hasty, but if after 6 months a fighter doesn't at least have another fight signed they should be dropped from the list. I'm a floyd fan but he should be removed from every top ten/ p4plist out their. And he should be removed from ranking by the various commissions. Until he acts like a fight the boxing world should just ignore him all together.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:43 pm

jblue wrote:I know this might sound hasty, but if after 6 months a fighter doesn't at least have another fight signed they should be dropped from the list. I'm a floyd fan but he should be removed from every top ten/ p4plist out their. And he should be removed from ranking by the various commissions. Until he acts like a fight the boxing world should just ignore him all together.
I agree. If you dont fight how are you considered a fighter?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I agree. If you dont fight how are you considered a fighter?

Shit reminds of that part in Office Space where the job reviewer guy is asking the fat employee, "What would you say ya do here?"

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:54 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I agree. If you dont fight how are you considered a fighter?

Shit reminds of that part in Office Space where the job reviewer guy is asking the fat employee, "What would you say ya do here?"

LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

LOL

It's true through. He's a boxer that doesn't box. So exactly, how is relivant? Same goes for Haye and the rest of these new generation fighters that rather blab, Tweet, or whatever then godforbid actualy get in the ring and let the leather do the talking
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:18 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

LOL

It's true through. He's a boxer that doesn't box. So exactly, how is relivant? Same goes for Haye and the rest of these new generation fighters that rather blab, Tweet, or whatever then godforbid actualy get in the ring and let the leather do the talking
They are ridiculous. Usually in the modern era only the cash cow would only fight twice a year but now its like all of them think they can do that. How do these guys make enough money to do that?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

LOL

They are ridiculous. Usually in the modern era only the cash cow would only fight twice a year but now its like all of them think they can do that. How do these guys make enough money to do that?

who is to blame? 1-fighters themselves-real fighters fight
2-promoters-don't build guys into draws so they have to wait for tv dates and there is only so many on HBO and showtime (since promoters get fighters above a certain level and then scoff at espn or telefutura money).
3-networks-overpay guys for fights and then they won't fight for anything less than a big purse
4-fans-Why us? Because 90% of fans shit on guys that lose a fight!!! A guy that has faced 8 ring ranked guys over 2 divisions is shit on if he goes 6-2 against those guys!!!!!! A guy loses and fans think someone is overrated or just plain sucks.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I'll say 4 months without a fight scheduled you get an asterisk (this means you're inactive). 6 months you're removed, but have your spot kept warm so that you can leapfrog people and regain it with a convincing performance. After a year of inactivity you are considered retired and your new ranking upon returning is based off of your comeback fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Since Duckweather Jr. announced his "retirement" in 2007, after the Hatton fight, he's fought a grand total of 2 times. (JMM & Mosley) I figure when you "retire" you lose all your rankings, and what exactly has this "special privileged character" done to even be ranked in the top 10 P4P since then?
Ranking this clown above pugs who are active and/or fight more then one time a year is an insult to those who work hard to make the sport of boxing what it is. Like i've said before Duckweather Jr's main interest is, doing dope, and playing grabass with 50 cent, and his "gangster" buds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 pm

FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All roads lead to Flod.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

As a rule most writers and publications use a year of inactivity as their guideline. It's been that way for a long time.

One's personal distaste for a particular fighter shouldn't have any bearing on the matter.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Norm1023 wrote:As a rule most writers and publications use a year of inactivity as their guideline. It's been that way for a long time.

One's personal distaste for a particular fighter shouldn't have any bearing on the matter.

+1

May is approaching
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next