The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight

2 posters

Go down

Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight Empty Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:31 am

ANOTHER fight fell through this week when Kevin Mitchell decided he did not want to face John Murray on April 2.

He later revealed on his Facebook page that 'politics' were to blame.

But it's got nothing to do with politics - just money.

Mitchell asked me for the fight against European lightweight champion Murray, and I offered him a good package.

Unfortunately Kevin turned it down.

He's coming off a bad loss against Michael Katsidis and hasn't fought for 10 months, so it was difficult to justify mega-purse money.

It is Kevin's right not to fight - but it's a shame because I'm confident I could have delivered the winner a world-title fight in the summer.

Murray will still appear on the Wembley Arena card, defending his title. He was willing to come to London to challenge Kevin so it is a great shame for the fans that the fight isn't happening.

http://www.boxingscene.com/frank-warren-on-murray-mitchell-hatton-cook-more--36138

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight Empty Re: Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight

Post  gomez1012 Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Mitchell doesnt sound like he's recovered from the Katsidis loss
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight Empty Re: Kevin Mitchell chickens out of the John Murray fight

Post  dbudge Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 pm

i think the problem with Mitchell is he got paid way too much to get knocked out by Katsidis. he is now overpricing himself. Mitchell hasn't fought once since that third round defeat, why? because he hasn't had to because he got paid way too much against Katsidis. rumours are young Kevin lacks the required discipline. i wonder if Frank Warren would have made these comments public if he hadn't signed Murray.....

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down