The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer

2 posters

Go down

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer Empty John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:20 pm

In England, one of the biggest domestic fights would match European lightweight champion John Murray (31-0, 18 KOs) against Kevin Mitchell (31-1, 23 KOs). It was a bout that was supposed to take place in April, but there were issues finalizing the deal, so Murray defended against somebody else. But now they are on the same page, and promoter Frank Warren said he has signed the fight to take place in London on a summer date to be announced. "I thought Mitchell had bottled it once and for all when he turned down the opportunity to fight me last month, but I am glad he has finally put pen to paper, as this fight has been a long time coming and, apart from the world title, this is the only meaningful challenge left for me in the U.K.," Murray said. Said Mitchell: "Murray's done well, but he hasn't faced me yet, and if he had we wouldn't keep hearing about his unbeaten record. I was 31-0, too, with more stoppages than him, until I lost out in my 32nd fight, which he will too."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=6407521

Back to top Go down

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer Empty Re: John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:34 pm

I dont get why these guys get so much publicity?

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer Empty Re: John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell back on for the summer

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I dont get why these guys get so much publicity?

It's a pretty big domestic clash for the UK, two of the top Lightweights who are usually involved in entertaining fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 pm

what's not to like about 2 bone-headed pasty bleeders belting the crap out of each other.it's win/win for humanity( lol! joking ali).this will be an even(on paper)fight & that can't be bad.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down