The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff

3 posters

Go down

Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff Empty Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm

John Murray, 28-0 (16), looks like he is being lined up for a potentially classic domestic affair with Kevin Mitchell. Mitchell suffered his first career defeat in 3 rather humbling rounds at the hands of Michael Katsidis. Mitchell claimed that he had been having his own domestic problems with the mother of his child in the build up to the fight, he is now claiming that he had an eye injury prior to it and he has had to have surgery since. Sounds like another excuse as to why he looked like a rabbit caught in a truck's headlights when he entered the ring in front of a raucous London crowd. John Murray holds the European Lightweight title which would be at stake, and has recently split with long term promoter Mick Hennesy for failing to deliver big fights. As he is now a free agent, a deal with Frank Warren looks inevitable and Warren just happens to also promote Mitchell. Despite Mitchell's pitiful performance in his last outing, he still does carry good polished boxing skills. he's shown discipline before in fights and maybe the preparation was bad for his Katsidis fight, but that is something we'll never know and is still not a good enough excuse for a professional. I actually think that Murray has the potential to be a trinket holder and with what else is available at 135lb i think the time is right for Murray to make his move. Mitchell is a good fight for him because it will help his cause on these shores first as he is still unknown to the masses, for Mitchell it's a tough fight but he has the skills to make it competitive at least considering Murray isn't the hardest punching lightweight in the World. It's a crossroads fight for Mitchell and Murray of sorts and that's the reason i think it will be good entertainment. We'll see what the future holds

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff Empty Re: Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 pm

I was a Kevin Mitchell fan until i started hearing the bullshit excuses after the fight. Look, life is full of bullshit and obstacles. I don't think anyone is ever going to have a perfect training camp. Mitchell lost at home and was knocked out by Kat. Murray should make his move against a name opponent ASAP. He should do it before Mitchell sees a horror flick and it ruins his next camp.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff Empty Re: Kevin Mitchell vs John Murray, potential UK domestic tiff

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:12 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I was a Kevin Mitchell fan until i started hearing the bullshit excuses after the fight. Look, life is full of bullshit and obstacles. I don't think anyone is ever going to have a perfect training camp. Mitchell lost at home and was knocked out by Kat. Murray should make his move against a name opponent ASAP. He should do it before Mitchell sees a horror flick and it ruins his next camp.

yeh i totally agree with what you're saying. this was Mitchell's biggest night of his career, Warren got him a notorious venue in his backyard and he fucked it big time. i've heard that Warren will not allow him to train in London again and will only have him away from distractions in future. Murray's rid of Hennessy now and if he hooks up with Warren then it will only be good for him, his problem is lack of personality and exposure. i agree that Murray needs to start getting on with it before his body decides 135lb is too much of a cut to make

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:17 pm

dbudge wrote:

yeh i totally agree with what you're saying. this was Mitchell's biggest night of his career, Warren got him a notorious venue in his backyard and he fucked it big time. i've heard that Warren will not allow him to train in London again and will only have him away from distractions in future. Murray's rid of Hennessy now and if he hooks up with Warren then it will only be good for him, his problem is lack of personality and exposure. i agree that Murray needs to start getting on with it before his body decides 135lb is too much of a cut to make

It will be in his interest to stay at '35, '40 is way too much for him at the moment. I hope he can continue to make the weight.

What's up with his brother? I fucking love the looks of that kid. He looks like a drummer in a punk band.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:43 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

It will be in his interest to stay at '35, '40 is way too much for him at the moment. I hope he can continue to make the weight.

What's up with his brother? I fucking love the looks of that kid. He looks like a drummer in a punk band.

he looks like he is hamish!!! i actually think he's pretty good. he's an intelligent fighter and has got a great trainer looking after him as well as Ricky Hatton's promotional banner to fight under. looks quite good for him and maybe he is one for the future.

i agree that 140 is no good for slightly bigger brother John though and it is well within his interest to get a move on towards World Title honours especially with the Lightweight division being as it is

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

I'd rather see Murray on the Khan undercard vs Linares.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Ali wrote:I'd rather see Murray on the Khan undercard vs Linares.

good call. that would be a fight worth watching.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down