The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza

+3
Gumby
gomez1012
flapanther2001
7 posters

Go down

Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza Empty Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm

BoxingScene.com was advised by Shah Khan, father of WBA 140-pound champion Amir Khan, that strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza will no longer be working with his son. There are several rumors floating around as the exact reason for Khan's replacement of Ariza, but Shah would not comment on any of the stories being circulated. He told BoxingScene that both parties needed to move on.

Khan is trained by Freddie Roach, who is close friends with Ariza. Shah made it clear that Ariza being dropped from the team will in no way affect his son's relationship with Roach. A new strength and conditioning coach is being brought in.

"We just needed to move on. Amir needed to move on. Freddie is going to bring in another conditioning coach. He already mentioned a name, but we'll wait [to disclose the name] until he gets everything." Shah told BoxingScene.com.

Khan returns on April 16 at MEN Arena in Manchester. No opponent has been set.

http://www.boxingscene.com/amir-khan-making-team-changes-parts-with-alex-ariza--35285

Horrible decision, I really hope this is just some bs rumor. Khan survived that 10th round vs Maidana because of Ariza's program.

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza Empty Re: Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Khan: "I didn't like the exercises Ariza was making me do. It hurt right here. (pats belly)
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza Empty Re: Amir Khan shoots himself in the foot big time, parts with Alex Ariza

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:55 pm

I really don't understand this decision, Amir has either grown a ridiculously massive ego or they've had some sort of heated argument.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Either way Roach will make sure he's in shape.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:05 pm

What are the rumors?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:06 pm

gomez1012 wrote:What are the rumors?

I don't know I haven't heard anything, this is all shocking news to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:07 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Either way Roach will make sure he's in shape.

Sure but you can tell the difference Ariza has made not just to Khan but to Manny too, this worries me alot.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Khan getting lazy after the win over Maidana?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Khan getting lazy after the win over Maidana?

I hope not.

If that's his new attitude Bradley will straight up murder him.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Ali wrote:
I hope not.

Only thing I can think of

Big win, slacks off
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:
I hope not.

Only thing I can think of

Big win, slacks off

" I just beat Maidana now I can relax "

No

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:28 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=35294

BoxingScene.com spoke with strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, to discuss our recent story where Shah Khan, father of WBA 140-pound champion Amir Khan, revealed that Ariza would no longer be working with his son. Ariza, who works alongside Khan's trainer Freddie Roach, has helped prepare Khan for his last six fights. Khan returns on April 16 at MEN Arena in Manchester. No opponent has been set.

"We just needed to move on. Amir needed to move on. Freddie is going to bring in another conditioning coach. He already mentioned a name, but we'll wait [to disclose the name] until he gets everything." Shah told BoxingScene.com.

According to Ariza, he doesn't have any problem with the actual fighter. Ariza is involved in a financial dispute with members of Khan's team. There appears to be an issue over Ariza's compensation for Khan's "Fight of Year" win over Marcos Maidana, which took place last month at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. Ariza claims that members of Khan team broke into his hotel room and stole several contracts related to the coach's compensation for Khan, Manny Pacquiao and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

"They broke into my hotel room and what they did was, they stole the contract that I had made with Amir. Now they don't want to pay me for the work that I did with Amir Khan. They already admitted to Freddie Roach's lawyer [Nick Khan] that they did steal the contract," Ariza told BoxingScene.com.

"What I don't understand, is why steal my contract with Manny and why steal my contract with Chavez Jr.? To me there are two things that you can never get rid of, being a liar and being a thief. That's what they are. They went in my room and stole legal documents. And number two, two of the documents had nothing to do with them. Who goes into somebody's room and goes through their bag and steals a folder with a contracts? Who does that?"

Ariza has experienced problems in the past with members of Khan's management. When it was time to get paid for his services, Ariza claims Team Khan would advise him to get the money from Roach.

"I'm an independent strength and conditioning coach. I don't work for Freddie. It's up to them to pay for my services. It's not up to Freddie. I have never met a more less experienced team in my life. This is a team that had a shoe company make him boxing gloves that didn't even weigh the appropriate weight for a championship fight. They didn't even check before they got there. I had to argue to have Everlast put in," Ariza said.

"There were almost a few times where Freddie and I didn't get on a plane because they wouldn't disclose how much Amir was getting paid on a fight. They've tried to hide numbers and stuff like that. It's been a long time that these people have been dishonest. It is what it is."

However, as previously noted, Ariza doesn't have any issue with Khan, and has no problem with continuing their working relationship.

"I have no problem with Amir. I don't work for Shah or [manager] Asif [Vali]. I work for the fighter. My contract is with Amir Khan. If I heard it from Amir's mouth, then that's one thing. But to hear it from Shah? He's not the manager. My problem is with them, there is no reason to punish the kid. Amir Khan is a good fighter. He always worked his ass off for me and never gave me any sh*t," Ariza said.

"Like I said, I don't work for Shah. I work for Amir. The thing with Team Khan, these guys all rely on Amir. If something happens to Amir Khan, they have nowhere to go tomorrow. With me, I have somewhere to go tomorrow. I'm with Chavez this week. I'll be in the Philippines in three weeks working with the Olympic athletes there."
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:39 pm

Absolutely ridiculous. It's so frustrating to work hard and do the right things, and see completely incompetent in charge of and ruining the things you care about. Be a professional. Benavidez and now Khan?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 pm

There's so much shadyness around this guy. No drug testing at all for the Khan-Maidana fight by Vegas Athletic Commission.

WTF!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Khan and his team are some cheap ass douche bags. Stealing contracts, reebok gloves?, hiding numbers ($), and to trying to low ball every opponent he steps in the ring with. Ali you have to face it, Team khan is cheap. Im tired of hearing that BS about him being the bigger name which allows him to give his opponents cheap deals.

Come on, were talking about a few thoughsand dollars for Arizas services, he makes so much that this shouldnt even hit him very hard in the pockets. Khan is cheap like that chin on him.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Jesus Christ, this is why you don't allow your family and parents to manage you. This also proves that Khan's team are a bunch of selfish greedy buffoons.

Hopefully Amir comes to his senses and ignores his incompetent team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:42 am

LMAO What a joke. I hope Khan steps in and tells his management to STFU.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 am

Now that you mention it, this is probably about money. I'm sure that Ariza comes with a hefty price tag because he works through Roach. So, it probably didn't take much to convince Khan to go the cheaper route. He has been pretty demanding about his paydays. Oscar even got in trouble for skimming money in Khan's favor.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 am

It always comes down to money
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:42 am

Don King: "Mike, do you trust Satan?"
Tyson: "What?"
Don King: "I said, do you trust Cayton?"
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Khan just admitted on live tv that he's parted with Ariza, says he wasn't happy about certain things that happened in the Maidana camp.

Bad move by Amir.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Ali wrote:Jesus Christ, this is why you don't allow your family and parents to manage you. This also proves that Khan's team are a bunch of selfish greedy buffoons.

Hopefully Amir comes to his senses and ignores his incompetent team.

his team seems downright amateurish.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down