The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen

3 posters

Go down

Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen Empty Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen

Post  Gumby Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 am

I had bookmarked this a while ago and forgotten about it: http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

It's too bad that he's still fighting but he's a guy that's prolonged his career through smart training and conditioning.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen Empty Re: Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:18 am

DR SQUAT once helped Evander? I didn't know that. Fred Hatfield is a legend in weightlifting circles. He once legitimately squatted 1000 pounds without any BS supporting equipment.

Here he is doing 975 the RIGHT way! Walks it out, breaks parallel, no BS equipment (except the steroids coarsing through him).

He's also a pretty doggone good writer on all things fitness. Here's one such gem in this article

The punching movement of a boxer consists of leg extension, trunk rotation, and arm extension, in succession. The more effective the coordination between arm, leg and trunk movements, the greater the impact force of a punch

The weightlifting approach early on is really old technology at this point that only makes any sense because Evander needed to put on weight. Nobody but a heavy would EVER use a program like this today.

Think that three minute drill would cause some vomiting????? Jeeze o Man! The chaos part of that is key!

Back to top Go down

Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen Empty Re: Old Evander Holyfield Training Regimen

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm

This is one of the many reasons I always had a hard time saying Holyfield used steroids. He just worked so damn hard all the time! The dedication and effort he put into becoming a heavyweight about 10 years before his body wanted him to was almost inhuman. I suppose there are maybe a dozen or so people in this world of billions that could match that level and length of intensity, effort, and commitment.

I do know Hoyfield well enough to know there is very little he cannot delude himself into believing so long as he can tie it to scripture........................so who knows? Me? I just cant pull the trigger on the accusation without hard evidence like we have with Roy Jones Jr., James Toney, and Shane Mosley.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:20 pm

gotta love so much weight that the bar is buckling.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 pm

in the 50s the great paul anderson squated 1200 pounds...dam..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 am

dmar5143 wrote:in the 50s the great paul anderson squated 1200 pounds...dam..

In a pair of Converse All-Stars and no belt.

Anderson was a God.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down