The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ?

2 posters

Go down

Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ? Empty Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ?

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 am

I just read Dan's twittter and he said Lennox Lewis is a guest commentator for the Kevin Johnson fight and just dropped " Definitely " Laughing

Back to top Go down

Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ? Empty Re: Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ?

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:33 am

I'm waching Two Mules For Sister Sasa.I'm an oater junkie.

Back to top Go down

Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ? Empty Re: Is anyone watching the Holyfield PPV ?

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 am

WinstonSmith wrote:I'm waching Two Mules For Sister Sasa.I'm an oater junkie.

Hahah classic Eastwood.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 am

Ali wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:I'm waching Two Mules For Sister Sasa.I'm an oater junkie.

Hahah classic Eastwood.

Love Clint Eastwood,except for Bronco Billy and Pink Cadillac,yuck.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:58 am

Dude, could they get a better bum for Holyfield to fight? He's making Holy look like he's in his prime
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:02 am

Wow, Williams wobbled Holy when hit him in the body in 3rd round.

Holy got a cut above the eye
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 am

Only in WV could thet pass this fight off as meaningful.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:04 am

Holy uses the cut to quit the fight

Hahahahaha
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:06 am

Total bulshit. Holy was getting his ass kicked, and uses the cut to quit so can get a No Contest.

Holy is getting booed
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 am

With the amount of children he has to support,don't bet on him retiring.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:12 am

GrantZilla wrote:Holy uses the cut to quit the fight

Hahahahaha

Was the cut due to a butt? If not,should it not be a TKO loss?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:16 am

Maybe Vitali or Wlad should just give Evander his payday already so we can be done with these farcical events.

He'll lets have one mega retirement party card where Vitali and Wlad knock shot boxers into retirement

Wlad vs James Toney
Vitali vs Evander Holyfield
Wlad vs Oliver McCall
Vitali vs Roy Jones Jr

Last edited by Ali on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:17 am

WinstonSmith wrote:

Hahahahaha

It was an intential head butt. Holy dirty as fuck, always has been, and stuck his head out while Williams was getting inside.

Williams had a good 3rd round, wobbled Holy with some body shots, so Holy quits on his stool. It wasn't that bad of a cut. Fighters faught with way worse.

He just knew he was in for a long night, and wanted a way out. He shouldn't get paid that's for sure.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 am

GrantZilla wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Hahahahaha

It was an intential head butt. Holy dirty as fuck, always has been, and stuck his head out while Williams was getting inside.

Williams had a good 3rd round, wobbled Holy with some body shots, so Holy quits on his stool. It wasn't that bad of a cut. Fighters faught with way worse.

He just knew he was in for a long night, and wanted a way out. He shouldn't get paid that's for sure.

They should put a boxing glove on his head for certain.Thanks for the scoop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 am

I hope you didn't by that card Grant ?

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 am

Ali wrote:I hope you didn't by that card Grant ?

Fuck no. You know me. Rarely do I ever by even big PPV. Naw, I found a link.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:30 am

i just read espns account of the fight..espn said hollifield was staggered several times by williams with overhand punches.grant also noted by body shots also.espn further stated hollifield almost went down and got his balance just in time..noo protest by hollifield either.
the clown evender wants a rematch and says the fight in denmark is in jeperody cause of the cut..williams said he will go to denmark as a replacement..
they could of let the fight go one more round where either hollifield would of been koed or lost a descion...he quit it seems and wants to continue fighting..i was rooting for him to get destroyed and it looks like that was happening untill he found a way out...
hollifield claims williams was warned several times for butting..please.every fight ive seen hollifield fight theres headbutting and announcers pass it off as his style..BS...grant did the ref warn williams several times as evander claims and if so why not a point taken away...its hard to believe that hollifield wasnt warned also.
fighters are usualy granted there wish to continue if they protest hard..ray mancini against bramble is one of several examples i can give..
in his next fight sorry folks ill root that hollifield takes a jess willard type beating..broken face several cracked ribs several knockdowns teeth missing etc etc.if that dont make him stop fighting then revolke his license cause a fatality will occur if you dont..

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Internet accounts of the fight are way off base. Holyfield was dominating the fight for all but about a 23 second series of wild punches by Williams right at the end. He caught Evander with a good body shot and right hand that got Evanders attention. The follow up was amateurish and nothing but cuffing blows that did no damage. Holyfield hurt Williams in round one with a hook and shook him again with a jab/cross in the second. Holyfield WAS cut by an intentional butt by Williams. Sherman ducked his head and came up under Holyfield continually in the bout. It was an obvious strategy to force Evander to back up or stand up and get caught with a sweeping right.
Right now, Evander wants a re-match and I will GUARANTEE a Holyfield KO win within 2 rounds. Sherman will do the same thing and this time, Evander will do what he was just being told to do in the corner before the cut. Nail his ass with an uppercut.
Seriously, for a guy closer to 50 than 40, Holyfield looked really good. His stamina was MUCH better than Williams, who was already gassed and tiring in the third round. His balance was better than his last couple bouts and he had the faster hands and was throwing pretty good combinations in there.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i just read espns account of the fight..espn said hollifield was staggered several times by williams with overhand punches.grant also noted by body shots also.espn further stated hollifield almost went down and got his balance just in time..noo protest by hollifield either.
the clown evender wants a rematch and says the fight in denmark is in jeperody cause of the cut..williams said he will go to denmark as a replacement..
they could of let the fight go one more round where either hollifield would of been koed or lost a descion...he quit it seems and wants to continue fighting..i was rooting for him to get destroyed and it looks like that was happening untill he found a way out...
hollifield claims williams was warned several times for butting..please.every fight ive seen hollifield fight theres headbutting and announcers pass it off as his style..BS...grant did the ref warn williams several times as evander claims and if so why not a point taken away...its hard to believe that hollifield wasnt warned also.
fighters are usualy granted there wish to continue if they protest hard..ray mancini against bramble is one of several examples i can give..
in his next fight sorry folks ill root that hollifield takes a jess willard type beating..broken face several cracked ribs several knockdowns teeth missing etc etc.if that dont make him stop fighting then revolke his license cause a fatality will occur if you dont..

Thats an exxageration. Holyfield DOES NOT butt guys. They butt themselves and it IS an intentional move on his part. Its not illegal because he does not MOVE his head into the other guy, they smash thier face into his head. Another guy who did this MASTERFULLY, was Bobby Czyz. Other fighters who have used the tactic are too numberous to enumerate but include Marving Hagler, Jake Lamotta, Erik Morales, Maro Barerra, Bernard Hopkins, Glenwood Brown, Marvin Johnson, and Simon Brown.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:53 pm

What about Bradley ?? he seems prone to head clashes lately.

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Ali wrote:What about Bradley ?? he seems prone to head clashes lately.

I was talking about the specific and planned move to reduce an aggressive fighters attack by using legal defensive moves to cause them to "re-think" their plan of attack. Bradly, from what I can see, clashes heads while on the attack an a little out of control.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm

lawyer thanks for setting the internets discription of the fight as inaccurate.but still sheraman williams isnt a test in reality for anyone thats not washed up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down