The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC

4 posters

Go down

Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC Empty Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 am

So been reading up on this completly joke that has happened with WBC stripping Martinez. Same way they stripped him of his Jr Middleweight trinket, and basicaly handed it over to Pac.

Basicaly they want JCC JR and Zibik to fight for the trinket. Preferably JCC Jr to win. I would not be shocked if PAc fights the winner of JCC Jr-Zibik fight after Mosley.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC Empty Re: Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:10 am

GrantZilla wrote:So been reading up on this completly joke that has happened with WBC stripping Martinez. Same way they stripped him of his Jr Middleweight trinket, and basicaly handed it over to Pac.

Basicaly they want JCC JR and Zibik to fight for the trinket. Preferably JCC Jr to win. I would not be shocked if PAc fights the winner of JCC Jr-Zibik fight after Mosley.
this whole thing is a complete joke. i love boxing but its becoming so easy to manipulate matches and get fighters trinkets that you want to have be the so called "champion." then like you said, wanting pac to break records further by putting him up against scrubs and saying that its for the title but it actually isnt.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC Empty Re: Martinez is purposly being moved out the way the WBC

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:29 am

Certain posters on here wonder why I prop up The Ring so much. It's all we got right now to determine who real Champs are.

I know for a fucking fact if this happens, HBO will be calling Pac a 9 division champion, blah, blah!

Fucking disgusting and a disgrace. Shit like this makes even me almost say fuck boxing. Almost at that point.

I stopped watching boxing for years in 90s because this bullshit. How HBO let Jones Jr and their crew fight for pointless trinkets, avoid the best.

What they are doing with Martinez is beyond disgusting.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:06 am

sergio is a guy who wants to do things right.hes avoiding no one yet hes simply being victomized.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:14 am

Yeah. Yet WBC let OScar sit on his Jr Middleweight belt for over a year and didn't strip his ass

Let Pavlik sit on his belt and not defend it.

Mayweather never once defended his WBC belt against # 1 manditory Berto. They never stripped his ass.

Yet Martinez just wins the belt this year and they are already stripping him.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:31 am

I honestly feel that any alphabet organization that strips Martinez of the belt is being self destructive. He's one of the hottest fighters in the sport. Also, I would think by this point, most boxing fans do not take the trinkets seriously. Martinez could fight with the IHOP belt (International House Of Pancakes). As long as it's televised by a powerful network, he'll be fine.

The title of "World Champion", at least in my opinion, means next to nothing at this point. The important question is, "Who's the people's champion?" That's the man who will generate the money and respect for the network he's fighting for. If Martinez is as good as I think he is, he will do just that.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am

dmar5143 wrote:sergio is a guy who wants to do things right.hes avoiding no one yet hes simply being victomized.
isnt that terrible? a fighter who actually will fight anybody and who is a true warrior and the true champ is getting treated like he is still a scrub.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Jose in Mexico....Chumpez fights 99.9999% of his fights in Mexico..more $$ supporting this farce

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down