The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen

+2
Groundhog
GrantZilla
6 posters

Go down

Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen Empty Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:29 pm

The representatives of heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko and Tomasz Adamek remain in negotiations and are optimistic the fighters will meet in September in Poland.

Kathy Duva of Main Events, the promoter of Tomasz Adamek, was waiting late Tuesday afternoon to receive a draft of a proposed contract after discussing details with Klitschko’s representatives.

“We’re progressing,” she said. “I feel good about it but you never know. This is boxing.”

Tom Loeffler, Managing Director over K2 Promotions, also is positive but guarded.

“Both sides want to make the fight happen,” he said. “There are some issues to work out but, at least with Adamek, we know he definitely wants to fight. That wasn’t the case with (Alexander) Povetkin and (David) Haye, who pulled out of fights with the Klitschkos.

“We feel good that Adamek would actually get into the ring and fight.”

Meanwhile, Adamek has an interim fight to deal with.

The former light heavyweight and cruiserweight titleholder was called to take part in an IBF title eliminator against Sam Peter but must decide by noon (ET) Thursday whether to take part.

Duva said she would accept that opportunity if a solid deal to fight Klitschko isn’t in place by the dealine. If an agreement is reached, she said, Adamek would face a lesser opponent as a tune-up in April.

Klitschko is scheduled to fight journeyman Dereck Chisora on April 30.

“If you said to me, ‘You have a week to get (the Klitschko fight) done, I’d say we’d get it done.’ The problem is that we have less than 48 hours. Can we get it done in that time frame? I don’t know. If we don’t, we’ll be fighting Sam Peter.

“I want to be clear that this isn’t any kind of ultimatum. We just can’t pass up an opportunity to become a mandatory challenger.”

An Adamek-Peter fight wouldn’t preclude an Adamek-Klitschko fight in September.

“They’ve made their position clear,” Loeffler said. “If they can’t work out a deal with us, they’ll take part in the purse bid. That doesn’t mean we couldn’t make a deal later if both sides are still interested. Even if Adamek fights Peter, we’d still leave the door open for a fight in September.

“It’s hard to say what would happen but we definitely see Adamek as a viable opponent.”

Could an Adamek victory over an opponent of Peter’s name recognition actually make a Klitschko-Adamek fight more valuable?

“It couldn’t hurt,” Loeffler said.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2693/klitschko_adamek_still_talking_adamek_to_face_peter_first/

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 am

I hope a deal isn't made. Klits need to back off and let these guys fight it out. Instead, they are all in a holding pattern waiting for their beat down and payday.

I don't want to see Adamek fight a Klit ever. It won't even be remotly competitive. But Adamek vs Peter would be a great fighter.

Make it happen

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek vs Samuel Peter could still happen

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 am

If Adamek takes on Peter I'll allow him to use the Highlander moniker again.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am

Man, I'd love to make the poster for that fight

HIGHLANDER CHEEN VS WHO NECKS
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:29 am

GrantZilla wrote:Man, I'd love to make the poster for that fight

HIGHLANDER CHEEN VS WHO NECKS

lol battle of the broken English..

this might be the most exciting fight in the division. Wlad-Haye is exciting only if Haye wants a shot at winning. If Haye fights timid, that's Wlad's game and Wlady will just bludgeon him from outside. He needs to KO Wlad.

Adamek-Peter is far from most meaningful, but it could be an incredible tearup. I see Adamek going down early, maybe even twice or more, and then battling back to a close controversial decision win.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:01 am

how long does it realy take to make a deal..you have a site and date already either on hold or confiremed..tv is in for that date..both understand this potentialy is a massive fight..the money thing is the only major thing left..the other stuff like whos introduced last etc etc should be standard stuff..50-50 is out the window and duva and adameks folks understand that..make it 60-40 or sit down for 5 hours and get the deal done..
if a week is realy needed then petion the ibf and ask for a lousy 6 day delay.are there no more reasonable folks left in boxing.
credit to duva and company for saying they will take a peter fight for a good payday but its still short end money compared to the wlad fight and a risk factor involved..you would think it will take more time to finalize the peter fight..site the date tv or ppv etc etc.the wlad fight has already hahed thoses things out..geez.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:21 am

I hope deal is not made. I have no interest seeing Adamek fight a Klit. He is not a legit HW. He has no shot in hell at beating them. It's a pointless fight.

Him against Peter is a good fight
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:53 pm

I dont care who Adamek fights, Im watching
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I dont care who Adamek fights, Im watching
...i will too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:10 pm

They got one thing right about Adamek, he seems like one of the few at heavy who actually want to fight anyone. Hope they put this together, a fight with Peter could be a really good one.

Last edited by Tobe on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:18 pm

why does it say that Chisora is a journeyman? Chisora definitely isn't that at this point in his career

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:48 pm

dbudge wrote:why does it say that Chisora is a journeyman? Chisora definitely isn't that at this point in his career

Because he beat Matt Sexton Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:why does it say that Chisora is a journeyman? Chisora definitely isn't that at this point in his career

Because he beat Matt Sexton Laughing

yeh i understand that, he isn't World Championship level fighter but i'd have said he's more of a prospect than a journeyman. a journeyman is an experienced fighter, somebody that never makes it to the top but continues to ply their trade and takes losses for a living. Chisora is 14-0. in their 14th professional fight, exactly what level of opposition is a typical heavyweight fighter expected to be facing? the fight was for the British and Commonwealth titles, which in somebodies 14th fight is fair enough if you ask me. nothing spectacular but nothing to be critical of either. Chisora beat Sexton already, but Sexton made a bit of a comeback and then the rematch was inevitable at that stage as Sexton beat Rogan twice. Rogan was quite a popular fighter, he beat A-Farce and won the prizefighter tournament. Chisora was British Champion and the demand for Chisora vs Sexton was there. Chisora has got lucky to get a shot at Wladimir already, but i guarantee that his approach in the contest will not be that of a journeymans whether he ends the fight on his back or not

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:09 pm

Because lazy sportswriters use terms like "joureyman" as code for "bum"? Wink
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Tobe wrote:

Because lazy sportswriters use terms like "joureyman" as code for "bum"? Wink

haha fair enough. maybe slightly harsh to call Chisora a bum. he's giving it a go, he deserves a bit more respect in my opinion.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:47 pm

guys i caught that jouneymen thing also and i agree it doesnt apply.14-0 is a rising prospect.they could of said a rising but unproven prospect or something like that..i think ill root for fat boy over wlad.a huge tyson lewis type of upset would bring the HWS some brief life hopefully..

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Tomas Adameck has EARNED my viewership no matter who he fights because of what he has done and how he has gone about it. He is a THROWBACK to the days I remember that made me fall in love with boxing to begin with...............

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down