The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight

3 posters

Go down

Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight Empty Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm

The heavyweight fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Tomasz Adamek appears to be on.

Adamek’s promoter, Kathy Duva, said Friday morning that her fighter and Klitschko “seem to have ironed out our differences” for one of the best-possible heavyweight matchups in September.

“I think we’re there,” she said as she was reviewing what she called the final draft of a contract. “We still have cross our Ts and dot our Is, though.”

Thus, Adamek will not fight Sam Peter in a title-elimination bout, as had been discussed.

Instead, he’ll take a less-challenging tune-up bout in April. One possibility reported by numerous sources is 38-year-old former heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman, who was 4-0 last year against journeymen after returning from more than a year away from boxing.

Klitschko, who holds two heavyweight belts, is scheduled to face prospect Dereck Chisora on April 30.

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2706/breaking_news_klitschkoadamek_appears_to_be_a_go/

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Sweet

Wonder where Wlad vs Adamek lands?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek vs Wladimir Klitschko close to done for Sept, which means no Peter fight

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:58 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Sweet

Wonder where Wlad vs Adamek lands?

Poland silly, have you forgotten about the new Soccer stadium already Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:03 pm

hahaha

I meant TV network

Seems to rich for ESPN

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 pm

I can see this heading to HBO, it's one of the few fights they'd buy.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:48 pm

I guess I'm in the minority. I am no excited about this fight at all. Adamek not a real HW. He has no chance at all aganst Vitali. Zero. He's too small, he does not have any HW power. And he's not a speedster.

Just going to be an ugly jab fest fight.

Adamek vs Peter would've been a better fight

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:53 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I guess I'm in the minority. I am no excited about this fight at all. Adamek not a real HW. He has no chance at all aganst Vitali. Zero. He's too small, he does not have any HW power. And he's not a speedster.

You are, Adamek will bring it.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Dude, nothing make me happier if Adamek could take Vitali down and rid us of one Ukranian brother.

Just don't see it. He almost got put down by Grant
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Dude, nothing make me happier if Adamek could take Vitali down and rid us of one Ukranian brother.

Just don't see it. He almost got put down by Grant

I dont see either but still wont stop me from seeing him try and end one of the K Bros' run
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:06 pm

This is the sad part. Vitali is there for the taking. He looks like shit with each fight and his age is showing big time.

There's just not one single good HW outside his brother, that can capitlize on it. Maybe Haye could, if he had something called gonads
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:I guess I'm in the minority. I am no excited about this fight at all. Adamek not a real HW. He has no chance at all aganst Vitali. Zero. He's too small, he does not have any HW power. And he's not a speedster.

You are, Adamek will bring it.

Now that is freaking hilarious Laughing

Last edited by Ali on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:This is the sad part. Vitali is there for the taking. He looks like shit with each fight and his age is showing big time.

There's just not one single good HW outside his brother, that can capitlize on it. Maybe Haye could, if he had something called gonads

I like Solis in the upset vs Vitali. Think he has the technique and power to do some damage
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:This is the sad part. Vitali is there for the taking. He looks like shit with each fight and his age is showing big time.

I like Solis in the upset vs Vitali. Think he has the technique and power to do some damage

Solis is too damn fat to trouble Vitali. If he came in at 235 then I'd give him a chance. At 260 he is going to be too darn slow. 25-30 pounds of extra fat doesn't help you one bit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:37 am

Ali wrote:I can see this heading to HBO, it's one of the few fights they'd buy.

I don't think so. Not if it's in Poland. And same for Showtime. Both Greenburg and Hershman stated just no market for it.

I think they both figure ESPN will just pick it up for nothing, where they would demand a higher licence fee it Showtime or HBO wanted it.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down