The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roberto Duran vs Manny Pac

+2
Frank
Soonermark890
6 posters

Go down

Roberto Duran vs Manny Pac Empty Roberto Duran vs Manny Pac

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 pm

I have been sitting here wondering what this fight would look like. I have been a witness to Pac's career as it has unfolded. But I was not old enough for Duran so I am not going to act like I know all about him. I know the quick answer is that hands of stone would KO him but really have we seen Pac ever really in danger? On top of that Pac's speed and power might give him the ability to keep Roberto from just overwhelming him. What do you guys think?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roberto Duran vs Manny Pac Empty Re: Roberto Duran vs Manny Pac

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 am

at 135 the body attack which is pacs weakness would be one reason duran kos him..if pac had trouble with marquez because of a counter puncher well durans a great counter puncher also..duran has fought guys with pacs speed..hello ray leonard or buchanon..duran knows how to jab and to cut that ring off with great expertise..look pacs not going to run from duran all night..duran is no marquez..when he hurt pac he allowed him to get away cause at that time marquez was not effective in fighting foward..durans a master at that..duran had a solid solid chin and in his prime fought like a man possesd..pac will give his all but this is a systematic beatdown duran will deliver.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 am

Soonermark890 wrote:I have been sitting here wondering what this fight would look like. I have been a witness to Pac's career as it has unfolded. But I was not old enough for Duran so I am not going to act like I know all about him. I know the quick answer is that hands of stone would KO him but really have we seen Pac ever really in danger? On top of that Pac's speed and power might give him the ability to keep Roberto from just overwhelming him. What do you guys think?
Just look at the films, Sooner. Films don't lie. All I have to say is that if those two ever went at it, I'd hide the women and children and prepare for an earthquake of epic proportions. We're about to see a goddamn fight.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  qdagoverner Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:45 am

as of right now i would say Duran because he was a very smart fighter and he fought better quality fighters believe or not however if Pac ever fights Floyd and wins in impressive fashion then i would have to put Pac by ko

qdagoverner

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 am

qdagoverner wrote:as of right now i would say Duran because he was a very smart fighter and he fought better quality fighters believe or not however if Pac ever fights Floyd and wins in impressive fashion then i would have to put Pac by ko
...Gov, this is what drives me crazy. Floyd's cowardice took that opportunity away from Pac. That was Manny's chance to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is a great fighter for any age. Even his greatest detractors would've had to nod in respect. Floyd was Manny's "George Foreman" or "Sonny Liston." He was to Manny what Duran was to Leonard ( I speak of their first fight.)

In my opinion, Manny was so good it scared Floyd away. That's a most convincing victory, however history won't record it as such.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 am

dmar5143 wrote:at 135 the body attack which is pacs weakness would be one reason duran kos him..if pac had trouble with marquez because of a counter puncher well durans a great counter puncher also..duran has fought guys with pacs speed..hello ray leonard or buchanon..duran knows how to jab and to cut that ring off with great expertise..look pacs not going to run from duran all night..duran is no marquez..when he hurt pac he allowed him to get away cause at that time marquez was not effective in fighting foward..durans a master at that..duran had a solid solid chin and in his prime fought like a man possesd..pac will give his all but this is a systematic beatdown duran will deliver.
Say the fight is not at 135 but they just make the fight at an unlimited weight would the same thing happen? Its not like Duran never fought at 147 right?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:19 am

I think the difference in the fight is Duran's consistent technical excellence. The spectacular technical things Manny does from time to time are more or less routine for Duran.

But I don't believe at this point that Duran takes Manny out either.

I think it's a 10-5, 9-6 kinda fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 am

qdagoverner wrote:as of right now i would say Duran because he was a very smart fighter and he fought better quality fighters believe or not however if Pac ever fights Floyd and wins in impressive fashion then i would have to put Pac by ko

I'm not sure that would make any difference. Duran and Floyd have about as much in common as a Hummer and a Porche. I think Manny gets beat by both in very close fights, but for totally different reasons.

Good fantasy match-up though (and I mean that for both fights Wink )
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Duran's strength is Pac's weakness, Hands Of Stone's body attacks were brutal, I believe he'd eventually wear Manny down with those shots.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:I think the difference in the fight is Duran's consistent technical excellence. The spectacular technical things Manny does from time to time are more or less routine for Duran.

But I don't believe at this point that Duran takes Manny out either.

I think it's a 10-5, 9-6 kinda fight.

+1

I also think Manos de Piedra would be able to hurt Pac, the harder hitting fighter
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 am

I think, of all things, Duran wins this fight because of his superior footwork. He would never be where Manny needed him to be to land effectively enough.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down