The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ?

+5
Gumby
Soonermark890
captainanddew
powerpuncher
freakzilla
9 posters

Go down

Your Opinion?

Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? I_vote_lcap13%Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? I_vote_lcap19%Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? I_vote_lcap68%Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? I_vote_rcap 68% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 16

Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? Empty Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ?

Post  freakzilla Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Has your opinion on who would win between Manny and FMJ changed at all?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? Empty Re: Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ?

Post  Guest Mon May 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Even in survival mode an old Shane was able to make Manny miss countless times and frustrate him, Floyd has the ability to counter him to death.

Back to top Go down

Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ? Empty Re: Did Manny-Shane change your mind on the winner of Manny-FMJ?

Post  powerpuncher Mon May 09, 2011 3:02 pm

i always thought that mayweather would win
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Ali wrote:Even in survival mode an old Shane was able to make Manny miss countless times and frustrate him, Floyd has the ability to counter him to death.

Floyd also got tagged rocked badly by Mosley. He isn't the same fighter he was years ago either.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Even in survival mode an old Shane was able to make Manny miss countless times and frustrate him, Floyd has the ability to counter him to death.

Floyd also got tagged rocked badly by Mosley. He isn't the same fighter he was years ago either.

I favored Floyd in the past and I still do.

But I have no idea what version of Floyd or manny we get when the fight occurs. Floyd hasn't fought in a year. By the time they did fight it could easily be 2 years. he looked vulnerable against Mosley in that his legs didn't have the same spring they once did. who knows what father time does to him. Reflexes and speed go when they go.
And Manny: Manny looked off on Saturday. he lunged. He didn't use the right hand properly. He said his leg cramped in the 4th round.

I have a feeling we won't get the fight until both guys aren't as good as they were.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon May 09, 2011 4:14 pm

captainanddew wrote:

That is the reason I would pick the faster harder hitting fighter in that matchup. Pac would KO Floyd.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon May 09, 2011 4:26 pm

I'll say it's a push. There are a few huge variables that I could see go either way. The biggest is if Manny is fast enough to lead and land against Floyd, which I'm not sure about.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm

not at all
floyd is going to school pacquiao if the fight, but he needs to stop playing games and sign
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon May 09, 2011 5:16 pm

The More I watch Pacquaio fight at the higher weights, the more flaws he shows. I'll be surprised if Manny could win any rounds against Floyd at this point.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon May 09, 2011 5:51 pm

I'll do my full breakdown of what I learned and how I think it translates to a potential Pac v. Floyd match.

Here are Pacquiao's advantages: speed, power, stamina, tenacity and activity. That's tough to beat.

Pac is officially faster than Floyd in my eyes now. Before I had that Floyd could get a single punch off faster, but Pac's combos were faster. Now I don't think see it as close.

Shane fought a defensive fight and Pac still could land before Shane could set his defense. Yes, Shane's old and shot, but that's crazy. On top of that Shane was afraid to throw because Pac was fast enough to slip and punch and counter with power shots before Shane could reset. That's just something no one else in the sport could do.

The difference with Floyd is that he knows how to fight defensively. He uses much better spacing and movement to keep opponents at a range where they can't land. Pac might be lulled into swinging at air or fighting a slow fight. However, Pac closes obscenely fast and might even be fast enough to counter Floyd when he tries to lead. When Pac is in his punching window, he'll hit Floyd. He throws too many punches, at too many angles, too fast. He kept throwing these big looping punches that were too fast for Shane to stop.

I've thought for a while that Floyd's best strategy would be to make it an ugly fight and put on an Andre Ward type performance. Get in close, throw uppercuts, dig to the body and wrap Pac up when he starts throwing.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 pm

like i keep saying, even though people are saying that mayweather looked a little slow against mosley, that version would still easily beat pac. mayweather is one of the best adjusters that ive ever seen. if something isnt going right for him in the fight, he just fixes it and wins the rest of the rounds. pac is way too easy to counter. thats what floyd does best. fighters change their tactics once they realize that every time they come in they get hit.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon May 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Gumby wrote:I'll do my full breakdown of what I learned and how I think it translates to a potential Pac v. Floyd match.

Here are Pacquiao's advantages: speed, power, stamina, tenacity and activity. That's tough to beat.

Pac is officially faster than Floyd in my eyes now. Before I had that Floyd could get a single punch off faster, but Pac's combos were faster. Now I don't think see it as close.

Shane fought a defensive fight and Pac still could land before Shane could set his defense. Yes, Shane's old and shot, but that's crazy. On top of that Shane was afraid to throw because Pac was fast enough to slip and punch and counter with power shots before Shane could reset. That's just something no one else in the sport could do.

The difference with Floyd is that he knows how to fight defensively. He uses much better spacing and movement to keep opponents at a range where they can't land. Pac might be lulled into swinging at air or fighting a slow fight. However, Pac closes obscenely fast and might even be fast enough to counter Floyd when he tries to lead. When Pac is in his punching window, he'll hit Floyd. He throws too many punches, at too many angles, too fast. He kept throwing these big looping punches that were too fast for Shane to stop.

I've thought for a while that Floyd's best strategy would be to make it an ugly fight and put on an Andre Ward type performance. Get in close, throw uppercuts, dig to the body and wrap Pac up when he starts throwing.
of course thats what mayweather will do. it will frustrate manny and then thats when floyd will start landing at will and take over the fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue May 10, 2011 2:56 am

This is what I thought watching the fight.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 10, 2011 3:19 am

freakzilla wrote:

That will happen to any fighter against someone who is just surviving and not putting out any real offense. IF all you're doing is surviving, of course your going to put everything into making them miss, and you know survive, not win the fight.

Why I say this fight showed nothing on how a match-up with Floyd would look. Unless you expect Floyd to do nothing but survive and make Pac miss, and not even try to actualy win the fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue May 10, 2011 4:58 pm

freakzilla wrote:

I saw it as the opposite. Even though Shane was solely concentrating on defense and staying away, Manny was able to land fairly consistently by recklessly lunging because of how fast he is.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue May 10, 2011 9:24 pm

As much as I hate to say it I still think Floyd beats Manny.

I don't think it would be easy for Floyd, but he knows when to play defense and when to throw. Floyd is a master at timing his opponent's rhythm. Once Floyd figures that out he'd beat Manny to the punch all night.

Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down