The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach

5 posters

Go down

Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach  Empty Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:43 pm

"What I've read is not very supportive to make any Mosley-Pacquiao bout. Look, he's going to be 40 and he's in the lighter weights where speed is so important. He's on a show with guys -- example, 20-year-old Saul Canelo Alvarez -- old enough to be his son."
---Bob Arum Sept. 20[/i]

"I believe it will be an exciting fight. Shane knows how to fight and how to deal with the speed. Manny is in for a hellacious fight. I really believe styles make fights.”
---Bob Arum told ESPN.com

Enough said!

"This is going to be the most difficult fight of the three choices we had because of Mosley’s speed"
---The Roach

He sure looked fast against Mayweather and Mora. And Manny is as fast or slightly less faster then Mayweather

“I told Bob you get the best opponent for the best deal I don’t care who you put in front of me,” he said. “I’ll get Manny ready."
----The Roach

To bad it wasn't the best deal. Mosley asked for more then both JMM and Berto
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach  Empty Re: Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach

Post  captainanddew Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 pm

I won't watch this fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach  Empty Re: Bullshit begins with Arum and The Roach

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:43 pm

captainanddew wrote:I won't watch this fight.

I'll watch it off a stream. No way am I paying for it. I can't remember last actual PPV I felt was worth the cost. Fuck, if it was 25 bucks PPV no extra shit for HD, I'd consider it. Not paying 50 bucks, plus service fees, plus more HD for this shit. Especialy when you know undercards will be total shit.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Sugar Shane Mosley was robbed against Mora in his last fight. He had the kid hurt and running the WHOLE fight! The fight before that his Mega Fight with Floyd he hurt Floyd real bad in the second round and had Floyd holding on for dear life from that point on. He lost by close scores of 120-108, 120-108, 119-109 you forget- BOB ARUM
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:42 pm

captainanddew wrote:I won't watch this fight.

+1 I am genuinely tempted to boycott this fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:21 am

I am boycotting it. No PPV, no stream. What more can I learn about Manny I didn't see against Cotto, Clottey, and Cheato.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:30 am

Yes, the fight is a mismatch and a let down. Will I watch it? You bet your ass! I don't miss the Pac Man when he goes to town.

All you guys are saying you're going to miss the fight? Boycott it? Bullshit (smile). Come fight night, you'll be desperate to see this thing. I'm not judging. I know the feeling. I always say I'm boycotting the Klits fights, but the day of the fight......

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:03 pm

I agree with some of you. Im going to boycott this Bull Shit! (Pac-Shame) even Cotto if he fights Mayorga on PPV. I love watching them two fight (Pac and Cotto), but Arum is cheating us from our favorite fighters by making horrible match ups. Juanma vs Kennedy? Gamboa vs Litzua? Pac-Mosley? Cotto-Mayorga? and this is just his upcoming work, just wait for the whole year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Frank wrote:Yes, the fight is a mismatch and a let down. Will I watch it? You bet your ass! I don't miss the Pac Man when he goes to town.

All you guys are saying you're going to miss the fight? Boycott it? Bullshit (smile). Come fight night, you'll be desperate to see this thing. I'm not judging. I know the feeling. I always say I'm boycotting the Klits fights, but the day of the fight

Usually you're right but this time Arum has overstepped the mark.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Bump
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 08, 2011 4:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:I am boycotting it. No PPV, no stream. What more can I learn about Manny I didn't see against Cotto, Clottey, and Cheato.

of course I broke down and bought the PPV. I'm a degenerate. I went off streams for fights that really weren't worth paying for, for about a year. Then lately I've tired of streams. After last night's PPV, I'm back to streams unless the PPV is really enticing.

Last edited by captainanddew on Sun May 08, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 08, 2011 4:47 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I am boycotting it. No PPV, no stream. What more can I learn about Manny I didn't see against Cotto, Clottey, and Cheato.

of course I broke down and bought the PPV. I'm a degenerate. I went off streams for fights that really worth paying for, for about a year. Then lately I've tired of streams. After last night's PPV, I'm back to streams unless the PPV is really enticing.

I wish I had stuck to my guns about buying PPVs I figured werent' that great. I didn't buy a single bad PPV for about 2 years (didn't buy many at all as most have been not great). Gotta get disciplined again as most of the ones bought really aren't worth it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 4:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

of course I broke down and bought the PPV. I'm a degenerate. I went off streams for fights that really worth paying for, for about a year. Then lately I've tired of streams. After last night's PPV, I'm back to streams unless the PPV is really enticing.

I wish I had stuck to my guns about buying PPVs I figured werent' that great. I didn't buy a single bad PPV for about 2 years (didn't buy many at all as most have been not great). Gotta get disciplined again as most of the ones bought really aren't worth it.

It happens. I never buy shit PPVs, but I let myself get talked into buying Mayweather-Mosley last year. After that fight, I said no more.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 08, 2011 4:54 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

It happens. I never buy shit PPVs, but I let myself get talked into buying Mayweather-Mosley last year. After that fight, I said no more.

I bought Maidana Morales as I liked the card (but not the main event). It ended up very good and Morales made it really worth it. I was sitting yesterday and started talking myself into buying it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 08, 2011 4:57 pm

I'd get more PPVs like that if they were a reasonable price. 10-15 bucks for a PPV like that, no service charges or more for HD, is a fair price.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm

The Lakers are this week's Shane Mosley of the NBA. Most of their players haven't even shown up in the Dallas series.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down