The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley

4 posters

Go down

Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley Empty Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley

Post  gomez1012 Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:47 pm

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/5909520/new-gloves-amir-khan

• Had a quiet dinner with a few people Friday night, including HBO's Larry Merchant and Freddie Roach, who trains Khan and, of course, Manny Pacquiao. Roach is headed to the Philippines on Sunday along with Top Rank promoter Bob Arum for Pacquiao's birthday party. While they're there, they will discuss plans for Pacquiao's next fight. Arum seems set on matching Pacquiao with Shane Mosley, although Juan Manuel Marquez and Andre Berto have also been discussed and Arum has taken proposals from all three. I asked Roach for his list in order of preference, even though he won't make the ultimate decision. He prefers Marquez, followed by Berto and Mosley. Roach said he believed the public would more prefer Marquez, who fought two close and outstanding fights with Pacquiao. He also said Marquez deserved the fight. Like so many, Roach said he didn't want Pacquiao to fight Mosley because "nobody wants to see it. Look at Shane's last two fights. Who wants to see it?" Mosley, of course, is 0-1-1 in those fights with a lopsided loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. and a woeful draw with Sergio Mora. I'm with Roach.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley Empty Re: Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley

Post  nano212 Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Ya bro SSM is going hard for the fight! He has been on a tear lately on TWITTER slamming DLH and retweeting some tweets from fans talking shit about DLH and GBP. But I DO NOT want to see Pac kill SSM at this point like I DID NOT want to see him blast out Margo. But Arum will do it and the fight will get around 700-850k in PPV sad but true!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley Empty Re: Roach prefers Marquez, Arum likes Mosley

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

gomez glad you enjoyed the diner and the talks..for once freddie roach is making real sence..i agree in what he said and yes berto my first choice then marquez are the only choices..mosley hes right..we dont want to see that fight...did you chat at all with merchant on this or any other topic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:57 pm

lol opps i saw it was fat dan and not gomez there..gomez would of asked better questions.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:02 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol opps i saw it was fat dan and not gomez there..gomez would of asked better questions.

LOL

I wish! And sure would hahahaha
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm

haye did one thing i like..he ignored and blew off fat dan when he said hi to haye and wanted to talk...

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 pm

nano212 wrote:Ya bro SSM is going hard for the fight! He has been on a tear lately on TWITTER slamming DLH and retweeting some tweets from fans talking shit about DLH and GBP. But I DO NOT want to see Pac kill SSM at this point like I DID NOT want to see him blast out Margo. But Arum will do it and the fight will get around 700-850k in PPV sad but true!

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Marquez is the one who deserves the fight. Berto-Mosley should fight each other early 2011. I actually agree with FAt Man Dans logic for once.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:49 pm

I don't care anymore. I'm pretty sure I won't order the fight unless the undercard is stacked. I'll probably watch the 24/7 and a stream.

I don't mind seeing how Mosley measures up. If he doesn't have it anymore, Pac is certainly the guy to help him retire. Same with JMM.

I have a lot of questions about Berto I need answered. And I think he's the only guy who could help me answer some questions I have about Pac, assuming Berto doesn't get blown out early.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:09 pm

dmar5143 wrote:haye did one thing i like..he ignored and blew off fat dan when he said hi to haye and wanted to talk...

Really when was this ?

I wonder if Freddie can be the voice of reason over in the Philippines, however I fear Arum and that devious leach Mike Koncz will sway Manny towards Mosley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum