The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I

5 posters

Go down

Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I Empty Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Your thoughts?

The younger, stronger, fighter getting Bernard again

Pascal uses his jab well, throws ok combinations, and might pack a bigger punch that B Hop expects

The hometown fighter wins rounds with his shots getting a roar like in the Dawson fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I Empty Re: Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:03 pm

i agree. the thing that taylor had was a long, quick jab that could keep hopkins at bay. when there wasnt action, taylor was at least scoring.

pascal will win in an ugly fight because he will be busier and will throw and land shots while hopkins isnt doing much. i really hope that he KO's hopkins though. i doubt it will happen but thats what i want.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I Empty Re: Pascal vs Hopkins = Taylor vs Hopkins I

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm

It'll all depend on the pace of the fight, If Hopkins is able to control the pace he'll make it one ugly affair.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Ali wrote:It'll all depend on the pace of the fight, If Hopkins is able to control the pace he'll make it one ugly affair.

I think Pascal can control it with his speed and jab

My buddy was telling me a rumor that Bernard is going to go after Pascal's shoulder, going to target it throughout the fight... Mad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Taylor was a slick boxer. Pascal is not the same type of fighter. To me he does not possess the same skills that Taylor had. I see this being ugly and the old man winning.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:It'll all depend on the pace of the fight, If Hopkins is able to control the pace he'll make it one ugly affair.

I think Pascal can control it with his speed and jab

My buddy was telling me a rumor that Bernard is going to go after Pascal's shoulder, going to target it throughout the fight... Mad

Doesn't surprise me at all, we all know Hopkins likes to use every single trick in the book to win fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 pm

I believe Pascal will give Hopkins fits with his movement, much like he did in his fight with Chad Dawson. I thought Pascal fought a brilliant fight against Dawson, who I believe is a much better overall fighter than Hopkins and was the best fighter in the Lt. Heavyweight division.

I believe if Pascal sets the tempo of the fight, stays busier, and makes Hop respect his power, he should win a clearcut decision in front of the home crowd in Quebec City.

P.S. If I were Pascal I'd show Hopkins no respect whatsoever, put some hurt on the ugly old muther-fucker, pressure him, take him out of his game, and make him fight.

Last edited by Ring on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:14 pm

I thought Hopkins should have gotten the decision in Taylor/Hopkins 1.

I actually think this fight will be more like Taylor vs Hopkins 2. Pascal will dominate with his speed and Hopkins will use all his tricks to try and keep it close.

Pascal will win a clear decision and Hopkins will complain bitterly that it was hometown scoring, and that the boxing establishment has always conspired against him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Canvas wrote:I thought Hopkins should have gotten the decision in Taylor/Hopkins 1.

I actually think this fight will be more like Taylor vs Hopkins 2. Pascal will dominate with his speed and Hopkins will use all his tricks to try and keep it close.

Pascal will win a clear decision and Hopkins will complain bitterly that it was hometown scoring, and that the boxing establishment has always conspired against him.

But of course, in Bernard's mind he's never lost a fight during his entire career, it's an ongoing conspiracy against him. It's amazing how Hopkins, one of the dirtiest fighters in the game, is always first to cry foul. I'd love to see Pascal take the judges totally out of this fight by at least scoring a couple of KDs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:14 am

gomez1012 wrote:My buddy was telling me a rumor that Bernard is going to go after Pascal's shoulder, going to target it throughout the fight... Mad

I'd love to see how that plays out. I think this plays out worse than Taylor v. Hopkins. I think Pascal is comparable to Taylor and at a bigger weight and Hopkins is much older than he was then. I refused to watch the RJJ fight but Bhop looked old against Ornelas. I don't see how he holds up against a fast active fighter anymore.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:02 am

Bernard's fight against Roy Jones was one of the worst, if not the worst PVP event I've ever seen. That includes movies and motorcyle jumps. I'll be damned if I watch him again. If Pascal doesn't dominate Hopkins, I'll lose respect for him. Why'd he take this fight anyway? It's a classic no win situation.

I watched the Hopkins - Jones fight for free and still wanted my money back.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down