The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ??

3 posters

Go down

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ?? Empty Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ??

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 am

@danrafaelespn Hearing May 21 for Pascal-Hopkins II on HBO.

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ?? Empty Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ??

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 am

If this happens I really hope we get Chad Dawson vs Tavoris Cloud on the undercard or during the spring.

Back to top Go down

Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ?? Empty Re: Jean Pascal vs Bernard Hopkins II in May on HBO ??

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Ali wrote:If this happens I really hope we get Chad Dawson vs Tavoris Cloud on the undercard or during the spring.

Be nice if it go down...I wouldnt be surprised to see Dawson remain inactive though...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:44 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:If this happens I really hope we get Chad Dawson vs Tavoris Cloud on the undercard or during the spring.

Be nice if it go down...I wouldnt be surprised to see Dawson remain inactive though...

He's dead set on not having a career. This guy is an imbecile. If I was Cloud I'd be destroying anyone and everyone in the top ten in that division.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:04 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
He's dead set on not having a career. This guy is an imbecile. If I was Cloud I'd be destroying anyone and everyone in the top ten in that division.

At least Cloud fought in December

Dawson has been out since Pascal in August

Both have shitty promoters
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

At least Cloud fought in December

Dawson has been out since Pascal in August

Both have shitty promoters

That's the right thing to do. Just keep fighting. He should have had another bout in Feb or March. I was a Dawson fan before all of this. The guy is a joke and the last thing he needs is a long rest.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:39 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
That's the right thing to do. Just keep fighting. He should have had another bout in Feb or March. I was a Dawson fan before all of this. The guy is a joke and the last thing he needs is a long rest.

Yea Ali posted that Cloud will face the winner of an eliminator between Yusaf Mack vs Otis Griffin

Dawson hired Steward and done nothing else...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 pm

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/125863-pascal-hopkins-rematch-imminent?asd

HBO 5/21/11
Pascal vs Hopkins II
Possible: Dawson vs Andrade/Diaconu

PLEASE let it be Andrade, I want to see him abuse Chad!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:42 pm

How much do you think HBO over-pays for this rematch compared to what Showtime payed for the first fight?

I gurantee they pay 3 times more then what Showtime did

Once again, HBO getting Showtime's sloppy seconds. Bute-Andre II, Dawson-Tarver II, Pascal-Hopkins II
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm

GrantZilla wrote:How much do you think HBO over-pays for this rematch compared to what Showtime payed for the first fight?

I gurantee they pay 3 times more then what Showtime did

Once again, HBO getting Showtime's sloppy seconds. Bute-Andre II, Dawson-Tarver II, Pascal-Hopkins II

No doubt they are overpaying for both fights on that date

At least both good fights, HBO is desperate right now
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm loving it. We all know that Showtime for a while been superior as far as boxing and I'll even say programming to HBO.

Now because whole Pac thing, it's been brought out to mainstream how incompetant HBO is.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:58 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm loving it. We all know that Showtime for a while been superior as far as boxing and I'll even say programming to HBO.

Now because whole Pac thing, it's been brought out to mainstream how incompetant HBO is.

+1

HBO better get their shit together ASAP!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm

HBO will continue to suck until Greenburg is gone.

I hope what Hauser says happens and HBO Boxing goes to Turner Sports. Then you'll get HBO Boxing, but also cross-over boxing onto other Turner stations.

Premiem Channels just too limiting for boxing to develop.

Oscar was the last of the fighters who developed and become names on network TV.

You can't become a name on premiem channel. Only way to do it is beat a big cross over name, which how Mayweather and Pac become big names when beat Oscar.

Now just Mayweather and Pac. Who knows when Mayweather will fight again, and Pac seems to be picking opponents he won't lose too
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:58 pm

GrantZilla wrote:HBO will continue to suck until Greenburg is gone.

I hope what Hauser says happens and HBO Boxing goes to Turner Sports. Then you'll get HBO Boxing, but also cross-over boxing onto other Turner stations.

Premiem Channels just too limiting for boxing to develop.

Oscar was the last of the fighters who developed and become names on network TV.

You can't become a name on premiem channel. Only way to do it is beat a big cross over name, which how Mayweather and Pac become big names when beat Oscar.

Now just Mayweather and Pac. Who knows when Mayweather will fight again, and Pac seems to be picking opponents he won't lose too

What opponents can beat either of these guys other than these guys?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 am

gomez1012 wrote:http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/125863-pascal-hopkins-rematch-imminent?asd

HBO 5/21/11
Pascal vs Hopkins II
Possible: Dawson vs Andrade/Diaconu

PLEASE let it be Andrade, I want to see him abuse Chad!!!

As much as I love Andrade he'd be out of his depth against Dawson, Chad would exploit his style and boss him around with his size. Diaconu wouldn't pose much of a threat either.

They really need to make Chad vs Cloud and have a mini tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:41 am

It turns out HBO is more interested in Pascal-Hopkins II, as was Showtime. HBO had an earlier available date for the match.

“Showtime had no dates available for the fight until late July,” said Schaefer. “Hopkins is at a stage in his career where he doesn’t want to sit around and wait.”

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 am

Ali wrote:
It turns out HBO is more interested in Pascal-Hopkins II, as was Showtime. HBO had an earlier available date for the match.

“Showtime had no dates available for the fight until late July,” said Schaefer. “Hopkins is at a stage in his career where he doesn’t want to sit around and wait.”

He's afraid he might die.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Ali wrote:
As much as I love Andrade he'd be out of his depth against Dawson, Chad would exploit his style and boss him around with his size. Diaconu wouldn't pose much of a threat either.

They really need to make Chad vs Cloud and have a mini tournament.

Andrade is GBP promoted

And see Johnson-Dawson I and even the Pascal fight where Dawson looked like he was stuck in cement all night

Chad isnt Bute. The former Jack in the Box Manager will ABUSE Dawson!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down