The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Pac fights in a row I could careless about

+4
Freddie1437
flapanther2001
gomez1012
GrantZilla
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Three Pac fights in a row I could careless about - Page 2 Empty Re: Three Pac fights in a row I could careless about

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm not saying it won't get decent to good numbers, but it won't come close to a million PPV buys, let alone 1.4 million which Mayweather got against Mosley.

With that, Team Pac can kiss off wanting 50/50 if a Mayweather fight happens.

I'm guessing it will get no more then 700-800 PPV buys. Which sitll good.

However, with Berto, it'll get good numbers just because of PAc, and Team Pac can claim they carried that fight all on their own, which be the truth.

Bob and Pac dont have Floyd in their heads man

They're out to make a fight that makes the most sense FOR THEM
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Three Pac fights in a row I could careless about - Page 2 Empty Re: Three Pac fights in a row I could careless about

Post  Freddie1437 Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Are we being a little harsh on Manny though? I mean he is in his 10th division and even though we have seen most all of the guys lose before Manny fought them, there was a difference, they were all in the same division. I think Manny's making it look so easy that we want him to struggle, but guys honestly, he's at a disadvantage in every fight in the WW division and above. Even with the catchweights, he's still outweighed by a lot come fight night!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:If your pointis that this is an example of a non-big fight being positioned as a big fight? Completely agree.

I am.

Point is, perception is reality. People saw Mosley as an old man against Mayweather, and that's what's going to stick with them.

The fight is going to under perform big time, I can guarantee you that.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Freddie1437 wrote:Are we being a little harsh on Manny though? I mean he is in his 10th division and even though we have seen most all of the guys lose before Manny fought them, there was a difference, they were all in the same division. I think Manny's making it look so easy that we want him to struggle, but guys honestly, he's at a disadvantage in every fight in the WW division and above. Even with the catchweights, he's still outweighed by a lot come fight night!

+274!

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:45 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I am.

Point is, perception is reality. People saw Mosley as an old man against Mayweather, and that's what's going to stick with them.

The fight is going to under perform big time, I can guarantee you that.

Which will all change once HBO 24/7 shows Mosley training real hard, we'll hear some random ass excuse on why he lost to Flod, how much of an easier time he had with Margarito, blah blah blah

People will start believing he's got a shot because he is Sugar Shane!!!
Three Pac fights in a row I could careless about - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaHl8B5EXY3coyIxeHo7kBS4PjEqDxwBK841lc9wRePBkFPG3sPQ
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Shane isn't the draw you think he is man. Margocheato has more of a fanbase then Mosley. Especialy a Mosley that people think is old and finished.

Mosley biggest gate was against Margs at Staple where Margs coming off his Cotto win, and 99% of people there were Mexican
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:49 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Shane isn't the draw you think he is man. Margocheato has more of a fanbase then Mosley. Especialy a Mosley that people think is old and finished.

Mosley biggest gate was against Margs at Staple where Margs coming off his Cotto win, and 99% of people there were Mexican

Potential for good tagline though.

Convicted versus Suspected

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:02 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Shane isn't the draw you think he is man. Margocheato has more of a fanbase then Mosley. Especialy a Mosley that people think is old and finished.

Your missing the point.

Shane is the more established fighter, has a higher profile, and is a bigger draw THAN Andre Berto

Thats my point.

He is an easier sell to the CASUAL fan for HBO, Arum, and PPV outlets regardless of his last two performances

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:07 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Your missing the point.

Shane is the more established fighter, has a higher profile, and is a bigger draw THAN Andre Berto

Thats my point.

He is an easier sell to the CASUAL fan for HBO, Arum, and PPV outlets regardless of his last two performances

And I'm telling right now, the fight will under perform, I GURANTEE that. It will not come close to million buys let alone numbers Mayweather got against Mosley.

No amount hyping will change people's minds last time saw Mosley looking like a grandpa. All they will see is an opponent MAyweather gave a beat down too.

Why PAc-Hatton under performed compared with Mayweather.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:12 pm

GrantZilla wrote:And I'm telling right now, the fight will under perform, I GURANTEE that. It will not come close to million buys let alone numbers Mayweather got against Mosley.

No amount hyping will change people's minds last time saw Mosley looking like a grandpa. All they will see is an opponent MAyweather gave a beat down too.

Why PAc-Hatton under performed compared with Mayweather.

Margarito KO'd in 9 rounds and looked like crap vs Roberto Garcia on a shitty TR PPV

Pacquiao vs Margarito 1.15 million buys
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Margarito KO'd in 9 rounds and looked like crap vs Roberto Garcia on a shitty TR PPV

Pacquiao vs Margarito 1.15 million buys

Come on Gomez, you know damn well the difference. Margs got a loyal Mexican fanbase that stuck with him even after PlasterGate.

Mosley doesn't have that kind of fanbase. Not even close.

You had Mexicans tuning in in hopes for Mags to beat the MexEcutioner
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:23 pm

your dissing Mosley like he isnt shit, like he brings nothing to the table

Floyd doesnt do a million with any one else

Pacquiao is bigger star now, with 24/7, and ESPN hype it will sell

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 pm

gomez1012 wrote:your dissing Mosley like he isnt shit, like he brings nothing to the table

Floyd doesnt do a million with any one else

Pacquiao is bigger star now, with 24/7, and ESPN hype it will sell

Mosley brings nothing to the table now. When MAyweather fought him, let's see. His last fight was him giving Margs a beat down and knocking him out. Had Roach saying Mosley too good and didn't want Pac to fight him.

You had Mosley getting in the ring and starting shit with Mayweather after JMM fight. People actualy beleivef Mosley be toughest fight for MAyweather outside Pac. I was one of them.

Now, people watched as Mosley turned into old man against MAyweather and got straight up boxing lesson. Add on a terrible performace against Mora.

Totaly different circumstances my man. The luster is gone.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:36 pm

The hype will bring the luster back

Better believe that homie!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:41 pm

gomez1012 wrote:The hype will bring the luster back

Better believe that homie!

Did hype bring the kind of luster back for Pac vs Hatton as opposed to kind for Mayweather vs Hatton?

Same circumstances. Hatton undefeated, people, especialy his Brit fans, thought he'd kick Mayweather's ass.

When Hatton fought Pac, after getting KO'd, and looking like crap against Lazcano. Not even his win over Pauly able to bring kind of luster back.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Did hype bring the kind of luster back for Pac vs Hatton as opposed to kind for Mayweather vs Hatton?

Same circumstances. Hatton undefeated, people, especialy his Brit fans, thought he'd kick Mayweather's ass.

When Hatton fought Pac, after getting KO'd, and looking like crap against Lazcano. Not even his win over Pauly able to bring kind of luster back.

Please stop

Both fights did the same
Pac-Hatton 850k PPV buys
http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/4165901
Flod-Hatton 850k PPV buys
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=3158134

As for the luster of the fights, I'll give you this
Youtube VIEWS
Pac KO Hatton - 857k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQYgDfDIkR0

Flod KO Hatton - 206k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvdFYVmjgM

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Mosley was coming off a long layoff, over-trained, and fought through a rib injury and sore hamstring against Floyd. He looked bad against Mora because... everyone looks bad against Mora, he couldn't get properly motivated for the fight, and he always has trouble at 154. The fact remains that Mosley is the first guy Pac has faced with legitimate punching power, some speed, a solid chin, a willingness to exchange, and some boxing ability. He's Pac's biggest test to date.

On a serious note...I'm disappointed. I don't care about how much luster Pac is bringin.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:According to SI via boxingscene, Pac-Mosley pretty much close to a done deal for May 7

So now been Clottey, totaly shot MArgoCheato, and now grandpa Mosley

Way to go Team Pac

Please name better opponents
Um Martinez, Flomo, Berto, Khan, Alexander, Williams, and Bradley all can put up a better fight than Shot Mosley.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 am

Ali (Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:09 pm) wrote:Since when was Margarito totally shot ? I enjoyed that fight.
+1. It was a sensational performance by Pacquiao.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 am

grants correct

Last edited by dmar5143 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:47 am

i agree with grant totaly..you all are being sold a bill opf goods that mosley can sell far more tickets then berto or another fighter..promoters if they use salesmenship will; sell what berto has to offer ove what shane has to offer which is nothing..everyone knows sugar ray leanard far more then mosley soo why not let it be ray..rays finished that fight wont sell and the public knows it..the same with mosley..its pac that will sell the tickets...i doubt theres not 2 people here that want mosley over berto..you ansered your own question.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 am

Yup. Holyfield more known then Mosley or anyone. How are his fights selling these days? How about Jones Jr?

Why is that? Because people know they are old and shot.

Same way people after seeing Mosley against Mayweather and Mora.

If Mosley had some fountain of youth Bernard Hopkins moment before this fight, be a different story
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:58 pm

im not arguing if its the best fight, telling Grant that its going to sell

I understand why Top Rank is making it

The Jr WWs are busy against each other
Martinez is the MW Champ
Wlliams just got KTFO in 2

Mosley is a bigger name compared to Berto

Who's fight against Quintana only sold 972 tickets in his hometown and has been matched up so poorly that no one has tuned into his crappy fights

And if Mosley vs Berto would happen, Id still give the old man a chance to KO Berto
So I dont really see a huge issue with it
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm

Even though Berto is not a draw...with a little bit of marketing he could be made into a draw.

He looks amazing in a highlight reel, could easily be marketed as a credible threat (relative to Mosley or JMM), has an entire back story about going to Haiti to help, and is enough of a trash talker and self-promoter to make for an interesting 24/7 and promotional tour.

All they would have to do is get him on ESPN in-studio and on a couple of Sports Centers, have him on the late night shows as the guy whose fighting Pac (and maybe also on promoting a charity for Haiti or something), and I'm confident he will do the rest.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:48 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:The Shane fight I am not a fan off. But I really have a hard time complaining about Manny's choices at this point. Is this a big fight? Nope. But isn't Manny entitled to a tuneup at some point?

Not when he's only fighting twice a year he isn't. Yeah, if he was fighting 3-4 times year, fine. Have a tune-up fight on regular HBO. Charging 50 plus bucks, plus service fees, plus 10 bucks more for HD for tune-up fight is not acceptible.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next