The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard

+3
powerpuncher
dmar5143
BoxingGenius
7 posters

Go down

LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard Empty LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard

Post  BoxingGenius Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:10 am

Awesome! cannot wait for september 14th!
http://fighthype.com/news/article14739.html

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard Empty Re: LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am

great.i had doubts about Garcia going ahead with this.by the way I hope this stops the nonsence that haymon fighters don't fight each other.this is least the second time recently its happened.haymon much to his credit will say ok providing the monies are right..great card developing.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard Empty Re: LM-Garcia Finalized for Mayweather Canelo Undercard

Post  powerpuncher Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:31 pm

this is by far the best undercard fight i can remember in recent history on a PPV. that fight is a legit HBO main event. i was pretty sure that both fighters wanted the fight to be made which is why it happened. both want to prove that they are the best, and even if garcia looked scared, he is a tough fighter who doesnt seem like the type to dodge a fight.

i usually stream PPVs now but i might have to get this one.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Sweet I'm ordering this one
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:29 pm

LM is going to KO Garcia. He's a machine. When he hits people it is like dynamite.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 am

captainanddew wrote:LM is going to KO Garcia.  He's a machine.  When he hits people it is like dynamite.  
im calling a garcia KO! you will see garcia reign supreme!!!
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 am

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:LM is going to KO Garcia.  He's a machine.  When he hits people it is like dynamite.  

I'm not counting Garcia out. The kid can fight. I just think that he isn't a guy who is going to be on his bike for 12 rounds. Early against Kahn and especially late against Zab, you could see him feeling the effect of the punches being landed on him.

LM has improved since the Zab & Alexander losses (I'd argue he won both fights but that is beside the point). LM starts faster. Back at that time he would give away the first 3-4 rounds, which makes it hard to win a fight without a KO. His boxing skills have improved. There is more head movement at times. There is more feints. There is the type of bodyshots like he landed against LP, that was designed to make him move right into the left hook. That is a big thing, the left hand. He used to load up on guys with the right hand. Not anymore. You try to move and stay out of the way of the right hand and he is going to look for openings for the left hook.

I look forward to the fight. I would make LM a 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 favorite.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 pm

If Mayweather does not rematch Canelo in May 2014 (there will be rematch because of the huge numbers they will do), expect Matthysse to be Floyds next opponent. Lets be real, Garcia has nothing in his arsenal to handle Matthysse. When Mathysse hits him clean, Garcia will go down. Matthysse is one of the few fighters I've seen get better year after year as a fighter just like Sergio Martinez. Garcia does not hit hard enough to bother Matthysse. He is not quick enough to avoid Matthysse all night either. It will be a good fight, Garcia may not be world beater, but he is no slouch. It wont be a walk in the park for Matthysse, he will have to stalk and break down Garcia.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:38 am

captainanddew wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

I'm not counting Garcia out.  The kid can fight.  I just think that he isn't a guy who is going to be on his bike for 12 rounds.  Early against Kahn and especially late against Zab, you could see him feeling the effect of the punches being landed on him.  

LM has improved since the Zab & Alexander losses (I'd argue he won both fights but that is beside the point).  LM starts faster.  Back at that time he would give away the first 3-4 rounds, which makes it hard to win a fight without a KO.  His boxing skills have improved.  There is more head movement at times.  There is more feints.  There is the type of bodyshots like he landed against LP, that was designed to make him move right into the left hook.  That is a big thing, the left hand.  He used to load up on guys with the right hand. Not anymore.  You try to move and stay out of the way of the right hand and he is going to look for openings for the left hook.

I look forward to the fight.  I would make LM a 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 favorite.    
you are right, but i for some reason just like garcia. if i had to put money on this fight, i would pick LM. garcia is tough but has shown that he can be hit and hurt. but i still think that garcias counter punching makes him a live dog and the only way i can see him winning the fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Oneshot Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm going to pick Danny, people seem to forget Bradley dropped Peterson so of course Lucas was going to KO him, if Lucas steam rolls Danny than we better get ready to put him in the HOF, look at Lucas' resume who is the above average hitter who he banged with? Rios claimed Lucas didn't hit that hard in sparring so I'm wondering if people have fallen in love with Lucas, because this is a close fight.

Oneshot

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Garcia hits with accuracy and enough pop to hurt any 140 pounder.do it often enough and we can have a ko.lm can hit indeed but hes hitable.ill give lm the edge but a suprize ko can come from both.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:58 pm

dmar5143 wrote:Garcia hits with accuracy and enough pop to hurt any 140 pounder.do it often enough and we can have a ko.lm can hit indeed but hes hitable.ill give lm the edge but a suprize ko can come from both.

LM KO party coming. Of course I have become biased and almost delusional about LM. I'd pick him over King Kong right now. I've watched him vs LP about 35 times because every time I can't find anything on tv, I just watch it again. About three times a week I'm bored and watch him destroy LP. Such a thing of beauty. First right hand LM landed in the 1st round (later on and barely landed), literally made LP's body language say, "HOLY SHIT THIS GUY'S POWER IS INSANE".
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down