The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Somebody help me out here

+5
Diego408
BoxingGenius
captainanddew
dmar5143
Frank
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Canelo Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Somebody help me out here - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Somebody help me out here

Post  Norm1023 Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:35 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:I'm going to watch because Floyd is the best fighter of this generation. I can't stand the guy but he is damn good.

I can't understand why fighters don't throw hard shots at his right shoulder for the first 4 or 5 rounds. Floyd won't want to continue with the shoulder roll if his right shoulder gets turned to hamburger.
Good call. I think also Dmar said something similar about that when a fighter gets in close to him. I cant believe I never thought of that one myself.

My bad, I mean his left shoulder.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Canelo Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Somebody help me out here - Page 2 Empty Re: Canelo Alvarez vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.: Somebody help me out here

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Norm1023 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:I'm going to watch because Floyd is the best fighter of this generation. I can't stand the guy but he is damn good.

I can't understand why fighters don't throw hard shots at his right shoulder for the first 4 or 5 rounds. Floyd won't want to continue with the shoulder roll if his right shoulder gets turned to hamburger.
Good call. I think also Dmar said something similar about that when a fighter gets in close to him. I cant believe I never thought of that one myself.

I knew what you meant. His lead shoulder.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:31 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

not just the lead shoulder. You have to hit him in the back. he fucking gives it to you a lot. Hit him in the arm, the shoulder, the back. hit that hip. Make him come out of it.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Norm1023 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

not just the lead shoulder. You have to hit him in the back. he fucking gives it to you a lot.  Hit him in the arm, the shoulder, the back. hit that hip.  Make him come out of it.  
good point. i think that its not always about timing at first but about just taking what you can get. sometimes in order to beat a good defensive fighter you have to wear him down by hitting him anywhere but the face.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2