The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez Bradley September 14th

+4
flapanther2001
dmar5143
captainanddew
BoxingGenius
8 posters

Go down

Marquez Bradley September 14th Empty Marquez Bradley September 14th

Post  BoxingGenius Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:37 pm

just saw it on twitter... doesnt floyd already have sept 14th booked? why does arum have to constantly try and turn everything into a d*** measuring contest and make head to head ppvs... great fight on paper, but really? if floyd fights canelo on sep 14th this will be ridiculous

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Marquez Bradley September 14th Empty Re: Marquez Bradley September 14th

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 pm

I think Marquez gets it done.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Floyd has nothing but talk for the 14th
if both he and alvarez win I can see alvarez not bein g a puppet for Floyd.if Floyd don't say yes to that fight by mid june I see sergio and alvarez on sept 14.i think that fight will sell well on any sept date.floyd alvarez blows away marquez in that date.yep the fued is alive big time
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 pm

1-people are assuming that Floyd and Canelo are going to win. I'm not going to assume that just yet. Trout is a very live underdog. RG-less so, but Floyd is getting older. Hasn't fought in a year and looked easier to hit in that fight than has been the case previously.

Steve Kim said on twitter that he got the feeling that if Canelo beat Trout that a fight with Cotto might be next. That is a decent possibility.

2-Canelo and his team are supposedly sick of Floyd. He did some split site fights that added to Floyd's PPV bottomline, but Floyd wouldn't commit to fighting him in the fall (or so it was said).

The fight very well may happen. It is a huge fight. I just don't think it is an absolute slam dunk. Canelo is not a stupid kid. He knows if he beats trout, he could fight cotto, and let Floyd get just a little older (and a little more ripe for the picking).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Floyd hasn't even fought yet & people think he has a future date locked in?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:09 am

I just don't see Flod fighting four months after his fight with the Gunslinger.

I would rather see a fifth fight with Pac, but a fight with Bradley will be great. Hopefully he can land that same punch on Big Head.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:37 am

bradleys team is saying that they havent agreed to anything and that its all on JMMs side. i dont really understand why bradley wouldnt want that fight. unless he is again really banking on a pac rematch or a match with floyd, JMM is the best opponent for him to face IMO. if bradley does back out of that fight when JMM really wants it, i will lose even more respect for bradley because that will have been 2 big fights that he backed out of.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am

If the same Bradley that went life and death with Provodnikov shows up he will be knocked unconscious withing the first few rounds.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 am

I honestly believe this will be a great fight. Both guys really wanted this fight, and both turned down Pacquiao to fight each other lol. Marquez turned down a lot of money for a Pacquiao rematch so he can add a 5th weight class championship for this fight with Bradley. Marquez is still a spectacular fighter and Bradley is no slouch. I don't think ruslan provodnikov gets enough credit as a fighter. The guy is an excellent fighter and I thought Bradley beat him convincingly. Even though Bradley looked vulnerable, he made a lot of fans by showing he has a ton of heart and will to win. Bradley and Marquez will make some fire works, but I think Marquez knocks him out. Bradley doesnt have the power to beat Marquez.

PS I dont think Marquez wants to fight Pacquiao anymore because its a very dangerous fight. Marquez has lost a step, more than Pacquiao has. Manny was out boxing him and damaged Marquez a lot, the roles really turned for that fight. Marquez is going to end their rivalry on a high note. There is no way he will fight Pacquiao again, Bradley will most likely rematch Pacquiao again though.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 am

i agree completely with diego. bradley is still a solid fighter but he is way too vulnerable for a counterpuncher like JMM and bradley doesnt have the power to really hurt him. i see JMM mixing it up when bradley wants to mix it up and then just setting up counter punches when bradley is on the outside. it will be a close fight up until JMM KO's him.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:52 pm

well both have agreed on the fight.bradley lol wants a few minor changes.sept 14 is the date in vegas.arum stated that if indeed Floyd signs to fight on that date he will move the fight to oct 5 or oct 12.wise move and also caution Shaffer don't pull any bait and switch for that date with other fighters.arum projects 400k-600k ppv..I can see 400thousand but not much more on any of thoses dates.that should give 7 mil to marquez 5 for Bradley with a potential upside.a far safer deal for arum...
on the other hand a pac fight will happen in oct or nov in china and now rios name is in the mix.alvardo or rios it will be but get this.at a catchweight below 147.look ill bet dollars to donuts rios nor alvardo said catchweight.rios was 161 alvardo 158 fight night and both made 140.its pac and company saying catchweight.why I don't know for it serves no purpose since both made 140 and put on a ton of weight for fight night..
im a pac fan but tired of his catchweight bullshit especialy since big mouth Freddie said pac will not fight below the 147 weight with marquez..
if it turns out a catchweight fight ill be rooting for the other guy to retire the prima donna .ive had it with catchweight pac.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:well both have agreed on the fight.bradley lol wants a few minor changes.sept 14 is the date in vegas.arum stated that if indeed Floyd signs to fight on that date he will move the fight to oct 5 or oct 12.wise move and also caution Shaffer don't pull any bait and switch for that date with other fighters.arum projects 400k-600k ppv..I can see 400thousand but not much more on any of thoses dates.that should give 7 mil to marquez 5 for Bradley with a potential upside.a far safer deal for arum...
on the other hand a pac fight will happen in oct or nov in china and now rios name is in the mix.alvardo or rios it will be but get this.at a catchweight below 147.look ill bet dollars to donuts rios nor alvardo said catchweight.rios was 161 alvardo 158 fight night and both made 140.its pac and company saying catchweight.why I don't know for it serves no purpose since both made 140 and put on a ton of weight for fight night..
im a pac fan but tired of his catchweight bullshit especialy since big mouth Freddie said pac will not fight below the 147 weight with marquez..
if it turns out a catchweight fight ill be rooting for the other guy to retire the prima donna .ive had it with catchweight pac.

sick of ppv. I look forward to the matchup, but I'm not paying for it. This is what happens when guys get the monumental ppv paydays. Going to a more reasonable (and fucking large HBO or showtime payday) isn't an option (or if they do so it is like bradley did against provodnikov-and because they have 0 fanbase and had been off for a while). You give them the multi millions in ppv and they scoff at fighting on hbo for a million dollars.

Stream hunting shall commence that night.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 am

its a good fight but i dont like it on PPV either. definitely not a PPV that most people will be ordering. JMM is old and past his best and bradley doesnt have a fan base. i am excited for the fight but i would not pay $50 or $60 to see it unless the undercards were stacked with other top fighters.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 am

I agree on captains reasoning why this fight is a ppv and that this is not a ppv fight.guys as I said many times before the main event should stand on its own in a ppv.save your money if you need a so called stacked undercard to sell the event.
Bradley has indeed zero fanbase even in his own back yard.his last fight drew 3030 folks and ill bet paid folks were half that.the alvarez fight sold out with over 38000 tickets.yes 10 000 were at 10 dollars but still he has a huge fan base.
there were big fights in the past that had a poor gate.example the second clay-liston fight but the ppv at that time was big.the ppvs I paid for in the past were both clay-liston fights frazier-ali 1 with no undercard they showed a movie first frazier-foreman they showed1 undercard fight holmes-rodney bobick and film clips of great fights of the past and my dad took me to see Marciano-moore.again no undercard.same with duran -leonard fight 1..a good undercard fight is a bonus but not the reason to pay 60 or 70 bucks especialy with computers today.
no doubt Bradley is a spoiled fighter who is vastly overpaid for what he delivers.thus a ppv.save your cash.dont feed the pt barum sales nonsence.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am

i understand that the main event is what makes the PPV but i feel like they should have good undercards for every PPV fight. the PPV event should cost the money not just the main event. otherwise, make the undercards free.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down