The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPER BOWL PICS

4 posters

Go down

SUPER BOWL PICS Empty SUPER BOWL PICS

Post  Frank Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Now's the time to make em. Before the season started, I picked New England vs. Green Bay. Well, I'm pretty sure I got one of em right. I can't back down from GB now.

Does anyone else care to pick a match up? Does anyone see a team that can even compete with the Pats in post season? My team, "The Steelers" are the 2nd best team in the AFC. I'm no fickle Steeler fan. I've been with them since the 70s, but why torture myself? It's not that NE has Pitts number. Hell, if that's the case, NE has everyones number. Truth is, they're just a better team than my Steelers. My only fear is that NE produces a blowout in the Super Bowl. I'd really hate that. Can someone come up with a good case as to why that wouldn't happen? I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just trying to hope for a competitive Super Bowl.

Frank

Back to top Go down

SUPER BOWL PICS Empty Re: SUPER BOWL PICS

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:05 pm

As a long time Pats fan I am SHOCKED by where we are. This team had so many holes going into the season that is is staggering they went 14-2.

Cut That Meat always scares me in the AFC.

In the NFC I think beating a champ is always hard

I'll guess Pats-Saints

Pats 28-24.

There are no great teams this year and the Pats certainly aren't one. Far better Patriots teams have never produced a SB blowout.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Packers vs Steelers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:46 am

gomez1012 wrote:Packers vs Steelers
Now that's what I call positive thinking. Hope you're right buddy.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:47 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:As a long time Pats fan I am SHOCKED by where we are. This team had so many holes going into the season that is is staggering they went 14-2.

I'll guess Pats-Saints

Pats 28-24.

There are no great teams this year and the Pats certainly aren't one. Far better Patriots teams have never produced a SB blowout.
False modesty has always agreed with you, Marble. Your team is a monster.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Pats 38 - Packers 20
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Seattle vs. Kansas City. Book it. jocolor

Nah, New England v. Green Bay seems pretty likely. My darkhorse is Baltimore.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Frank wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:As a long time Pats fan I am SHOCKED by where we are. This team had so many holes going into the season that is is staggering they went 14-2.

I'll guess Pats-Saints

Pats 28-24.

REALLY? On offense we have an undrafted guy as our primary RB and a midget Jets castoff as our third down back. We have two rookies and a 137 year old at TE. A guy coming off a major knee injury in the slot and a guy Chris Carter says dissappears at wide-out. We've lost our third down guy to IR and one of our OL the same way.

On D we have what? FOUR rookies starting?

Now I'll admit we've got a fine offensive line and some Dude named Brady...but I don't think we're the '85 Bears here either.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:53 pm

frank like you i picked green bay and the patriots before game one..with the packers wining it all.ive been a packer fan since 1959 but with a excellent runing back like grant out for the season and there tight end done for the last 6 games and the playoffs plus 2 starting linebackers gone and al harris i dont think so..they beat two playoff type teams the bears and the giants just to get in..to win 4 on the road as a wildcard plus several key personel missing would be a huge feat..
rogers of course is there next great quaterback and there defense has to realy step in up to do that.right now ill rate1.atlanta2.chicago3.greenbay..the saints will beat seatle green bay over the eagles i think..afl 1.pats2.stealers3.ravens.jets a darkhorse..i hope the ravens win there..
i have only once rooted for a afc club in the super bowl and that was the pats.i love brady but hate them and there coach but wanted to see a 19-0 season because they deserved it being the class of the league as far as on field performance...
both the pats and stealers i root against..
seatle is a joke hosting a home game.im still hoping packers..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:10 pm

dmar5143 wrote:frank like you i picked green bay and the patriots before game one..with the packers wining it all.ive been a packer fan since 1959 but with a excellent runing back like grant out for the season and there tight end done for the last 6 games and the playoffs plus 2 starting linebackers gone and al harris i dont think so..they beat two playoff type teams the bears and the giants just to get in..to win 4 on the road as a wildcard plus several key personel missing would be a huge feat..
rogers of course is there next great quaterback and there defense has to realy step in up to do that.right now ill rate1.atlanta2.chicago3.greenbay..the saints will beat seatle green bay over the eagles i think..afl 1.pats2.stealers3.ravens.jets a darkhorse..i hope the ravens win there..
i have only once rooted for a afc club in the super bowl and that was the pats.i love brady but hate them and there coach but wanted to see a 19-0 season because they deserved it being the class of the league as far as on field performance...
both the pats and stealers i root against..seatle is a joke hosting a home game.im still hoping packers..

How can you root against the Rock's hometown team?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:35 pm

lol lol..nice point marble but im sorry rock..

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Frank wrote:

I'll guess Pats-Saints

Pats 28-24.

REALLY? On offense we have an undrafted guy as our primary RB and a midget Jets castoff as our third down back. We have two rookies and a 137 year old at TE. A guy coming off a major knee injury in the slot and a guy Chris Carter says dissappears at wide-out. We've lost our third down guy to IR and one of our OL the same way.

On D we have what? FOUR rookies starting?

Now I'll admit we've got a fine offensive line and some Dude named Brady...but I don't think we're the '85 Bears here either.
You've got, Bellicheck. That's all you need.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down