The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of observations about the Super Bowl

5 posters

Go down

A couple of observations about the Super Bowl Empty A couple of observations about the Super Bowl

Post  Frank Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:34 am

1. I like Christina Aguilera. That said, she was unprepared to sing the "National Anthem." She'll go down as the only singer in SB history who didn't know the words to America's theme song. She says she forgot the words. I say she's a gifted, electrifying, talented but spoiled little bitch who thought she was above the event.

2. Aaron Rogers, as I noticed before, is a future "HOF" quarterback. The Packers have a job in the off season that is probably the easiest task to accomplish in the NFL. Finding a running back, or better yet, a couple of running backs.

3. Some of the commercials were special ("The bar of guys singing Elton John's "Tiny Dancer." Note: I think that's the name of the song. I saw it as a tribute to the movie "Almost Famous."). Some commercials stunk up the room. Those will go unmentioned.

4. How many times will the NFL press say, "This wasn't "Big Ben's" fault." When you're a qb in the Super bowl and you pass for two interceptions, including one that was returned for a TD....yes, it's your fault.

5. The Packers are the classiest and most intelligent team in the NFL. These guys talk correct English and maintain an outwardly, modest demeanor. When these fellows make TDs, they don't embarrass you for watching the game. Alan Page, (former All Pro Defensive Lineman for the 70s Minnesota Vikings, and now a Surpreme Court Justice in Minneapolis, Minnesota), is smiling somewhere.

6. Logic of the NFL Press Core. Big Ben played a poor game. This means he won't be able to get away with hiding in bathrooms and jumping on cheerleaders anymore.

7. Bradshaw's interview with Ben was nothing more than a ploy by Fox to avoid a potentially embarrassing situation in the event "Terry Bradshaw" had to present the MVP trophy to "Big Ben." Terry, for the first time in your broadcasting career, you backed down to "The Ties" in a way you never backed away from challenges as the great QB you were for the Steelers. Well, I guess everyone has to make a living, especially in this economy. I won't judge you.

8. Mike Tomlin is a passionate football coach. However, the danger every "player coach" faces is forming relationships with "The wrong Players." He needs to slowly drop Big Ben the way a man gets an overzealous girlfriend out of his life. Call him 7 times a week, then 4, then 3, then...pink slip. Just about everyone reading this will disagree with that statement. Me? I'd rather go 4-12 with a sane QB then 12-4 with a potential disaster.

9. My Steelers lost the fucking game and I have nothing else to day. I didn't enjoy writing this shit. There will not be a 10th item on this list. .

Last edited by Frank on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

A couple of observations about the Super Bowl Empty Re: A couple of observations about the Super Bowl

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Nicely done.

The Steelers simply made too many mistakes. Ben's pics, the penalty on the last kickoff etc. They had more yards, the ball longer but mistakes killed them.

Was it me or did Palamalu seem one step away from the action all day? Don't know if that was good game planning by McCarthy, Troy not being 100% or some of each.

Was Ben playing possum before the 18 yard run or had he really tweaked that knee?

I was laughing at Aguilera

Back to top Go down

A couple of observations about the Super Bowl Empty Re: A couple of observations about the Super Bowl

Post  captainanddew Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:25 pm

[[b]quote="Frank"]1. I like Christina Aguilera. That said, she was unprepared to sing the "National Anthem." She'll go down as the only singer in SB history who didn't know the words to America's theme song. She says she forgot the words. I say she's a gifted, electrifying, talented but spoiled little bitch who thought she was above the event.

I do believe that she is a spoiled little bitch who thought she was above the event!!! But she also really did just forget the words. Those 2 ideas aren't mutually exclusive. If my memory isn't failing she sang the national anthem one or two times in last season's nba playoffs.

I believe she knows the words. She just went brain dead at that moment. She also is a spoiled bitch and it couldn't have happened to a better person.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:24 am

10. Pittsburgh should send Big Ben to the Oakland Raiders because all crazy ass players fit in there. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:11 am

Soonermark890 wrote:10. Pittsburgh should send Big Ben to the Oakland Raiders because all crazy ass players fit in there. Very Happy
Sooner, the Raiders have always been the right type of crazy. Maddon's guys appeared insane to hardened football players, not women walking alone at night on a lonely street. Laughing

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 am

Frank wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:10. Pittsburgh should send Big Ben to the Oakland Raiders because all crazy ass players fit in there. Very Happy
Sooner, the Raiders have always been the right type of crazy. Maddon's guys appeared insane to hardened football players, not women walking alone at night on a lonely street. Laughing
Al Davis doesnt care what you do as long as you can play.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Frank wrote:

Otis Sistrunk a nation turns its lonely eyes to you!

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Frank wrote:

Otis Sistrunk a nation turns its lonely eyes to you!
Laughing

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:I do believe that she is a spoiled little bitch who thought she was above the event!!! But she also really did just forget the words. Those 2 ideas aren't mutually exclusive. If my memory isn't failing she sang the national anthem one or two times in last season's nba playoffs.

I believe she knows the words. She just went brain dead at that moment. She also is a spoiled bitch and it couldn't have happened to a better person.

She forgot the words because I gurantee you she spent more time trying to add her "style" to already difficult song, because she's such a fucking diva.

Even if she hadn't forgotten the words, it was still terrible. And represented everything I hate when these divas butcher the Anthem. Stretching out the words and trying to make a performance out of it.

Not about you, you BITCH! It's about the country and the troops. Just sing the goddamn song the way it's meant to be sung
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:I do believe that she is a spoiled little bitch who thought she was above the event!!! But she also really did just forget the words. Those 2 ideas aren't mutually exclusive. If my memory isn't failing she sang the national anthem one or two times in last season's nba playoffs.

She forgot the words because I gurantee you she spent more time trying to add her "style" to already difficult song, because she's such a fucking diva.

Even if she hadn't forgotten the words, it was still terrible. And represented everything I hate when these divas butcher the Anthem. Stretching out the words and trying to make a performance out of it.

Not about you, you BITCH! It's about the country and the troops. Just sing the goddamn song the way it's meant to be sung

That's EXACTLY what I said to the folks I watched the game with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:17 am

Frank wrote:2. Aaron Rogers, as I noticed before, is a future "HOF" quarterback. The Packers have a job in the off season that is probably the easiest task to accomplish in the NFL. Finding a running back, or better yet, a couple of running backs.

I've been a big Aaron Rodgers guy for a while. I first hopped on the bandwagon when he filled in for Farve in a Dallas game and was lights out. I knew he was special then. The Packers need a line that can protect him. He's been taking shots for years now and I'd hate to see him fall now that he's finally getting the national attention he deserves. I remember the Farve vs. Rodgers talks would drive me insane because Brett Farve hasn't been close to Rodgers since they both became starters. Rodgers is the definition of good things happening to those who wait.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down