The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquez vs Pacquiao IV and undercards.

+8
Soonermark890
freakzilla
powerpuncher
Rum Capital
NJBeatdown86
flapanther2001
captainanddew
Diego408
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Marquez vs Pacquiao IV and undercards. - Page 4 Empty Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao IV and undercards.

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:09 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Merchant is an ass for alluding to the steroid talk about JMM's power.

A badly KTFO Pac was more coherent than Larry was all night.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Marquez vs Pacquiao IV and undercards. - Page 4 Empty Re: Marquez vs Pacquiao IV and undercards.

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I'll admit it, I'm a huge Pac fan and I'm disappointed he lost (bear in mind I'm a JMM fan as well), but part of me is glad JMM finally gets his moment in the sun...JMM-Pac V anyone?
+1 I hate watching Pac lose but I like both guys so I am happy for JMM.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 am

Soonermark890 wrote:I honestly didnt think he could hurt Pac. BTW did anyone think like me that JMM was going to get KO'd until the KO.

I posted it dude.

I was watching and my well of support for marquez (huge fan) was waning. But he caught him with a perfect shot. out cold. i was sitting here trembling. I couldn't even process what I'd seen. amazing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:13 am

just as i feared.a counter right nails a wide open slighly lunging pac.i wish they stop talk on fight 5.pac should retire so should juan.if he does fight again rios -marquez but no need for that..hopefully talk on a floyd fight finaly ends.floyd hopefully is next.common RG.pac showed class after the fight.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:17 am

dmar5143 wrote:just as i feared.a counter right nails a wide open slighly lunging pac.i wish they stop talk on fight 5.pac should retire so should juan.if he does fight again rios -marquez but no need for that..hopefully talk on a floyd fight finaly ends.floyd hopefully is next.common RG.pac showed class after the fight.
I would love to see either they fight again or retire.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:20 am

Kieran Mulvaney quote from Marquez

Marquez: I knew over the last 3 rounds, he was going for the knockout. I knew I could get knocked out at any time. But I also knew after the first knockdown that I could knock him out. I threw the perfect punch.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:21 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I honestly didnt think he could hurt Pac. BTW did anyone think like me that JMM was going to get KO'd until the KO.

I posted it dude.

I was watching and my well of support for marquez (huge fan) was waning. But he caught him with a perfect shot. out cold. i was sitting here trembling. I couldn't even process what I'd seen. amazing.
I was shocked when he knocked him down. Then I thought oh shit he is about to KO JMM. then boom.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:25 am

Deep down I was rooting for Marquez. I like both of the fighters, but I feel this Marquez victory was necessary for three reasons.

1) It introduces the casual fan to Marquez and humbles the obnoxious Pacquiao fans.
2) It gives Marquez the credit that he deserves.
3) It's one piece of removing the two divas that are sabotaging the sport of Boxing (Manny/Floyd).

Now, it's up to Guerrero to get rid of Mayweather in May.

However, knowing Floyd, he will now fight Pacquiao much like he fought Zab after he lost to Baldomir.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:26 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I posted it dude.

I was shocked when he knocked him down. Then I thought oh shit he is about to KO JMM. then boom.

that was an absolutely shocking KO.

when sergio martinez flattened an iron chinned PW, you had seen the same short left hands landing for a round straight. It was shocking, but you can understand how PW got hit with one and it destroyed him. PW always ate straight left hands (quintana, Martinez in first fight and first round of 2nd fight).

Pac got caught twice in a fight. Both times it seemed like he was doing damage to Marquez and on the way to a convincing victory. DAMN SHOCKING!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:27 am

Shaun wrote:Deep down I was rooting for Marquez. I like both of the fighters, but I feel this Marquez victory was necessary for three reasons.

1) It introduces the casual fan to Marquez and humbles the obnoxious Pacquiao fans.
2) It gives Marquez the credit that he deserves.
3) It's one piece of removing the two divas that are sabotaging the sport of Boxing (Manny/Floyd).

Now, it's up to Guerrero to get rid of Mayweather in May.

However, knowing Floyd, he will now fight Pacquiao much like he fought Zab after he lost to Baldomir.
My cousin said that as soon as JMM KO'd him. Sad
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:30 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I posted it dude.

that was an absolutely shocking KO.

when sergio martinez flattened an iron chinned PW, you had seen the same short left hands landing for a round straight. It was shocking, but you can understand how PW got hit with one and it destroyed him. PW always ate straight left hands (quintana, Martinez in first fight and first round of 2nd fight).

Pac got caught twice in a fight. Both times it seemed like he was doing damage to Marquez and on the way to a convincing victory. DAMN SHOCKING!
Whats messed up is really Pac was dominating JMM for the first time since the first fights 1st round. Crazy night. Congrats JMM. If anyone deserves a big victory like that he does. I really hope the PEDs debate doesnt start with him because its bullshit. He caught Pac with a perfect shot. Anyone could have done it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 am

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 am

I SINCERELY hope JMM is not on anything. If he were to get caught, man, how ugly that would look. Huge black eye to the sport.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 am

Shaun wrote:I SINCERELY hope JMM is not on anything. If he were to get caught, man, how ugly that would look. Huge black eye to the sport.
I am with you on that. That would be absolutely horrible. I really do think that he is clean and that he just caught Pac with the perfect shot. I mean Pac leaned into a punch because he was going for the KO. Any fighter could have done that right?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:41 am

Shaun wrote:I SINCERELY hope JMM is not on anything. If he were to get caught, man, how ugly that would look. Huge black eye to the sport.

Much like Pac, unless I see any REAL hard evidence on JMM, I'm going to assume he's clean. While working with a dirtbag like Heredia/Hernandez looks bad, its not enough to condemn him IMO. Donaire works with Conte and nobody has accused him of anything, JMM should be no different.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:41 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
I am with you on that. That would be absolutely horrible. I really do think that he is clean and that he just caught Pac with the perfect shot. I mean Pac leaned into a punch because he was going for the KO. Any fighter could have done that right?

here is to hoping that memo heredia just has the man doing a ton of strength training over the past year (marquez looked bigger and ripped in their 3rd fight and 4th fight than all his other fights).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 am

And as mentioned, that was a perfect shot. Only a handfull of guys can throw like that and JMM is one of them. NOBODY was ever going to get up from that.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:

Much like Pac, unless I see any REAL hard evidence on JMM, I'm going to assume he's clean. While working with a dirtbag like Heredia/Hernandez looks bad, its not enough to condemn him IMO. Donaire works with Conte and nobody has accused him of anything, JMM should be no different.
Im with you. I want evidence of these guys or I am saying they are clean. I really do think that it was just a great punch.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:44 am

how marquez looked. It hasn't made me automatically say he is on roids. He looks like a 39 yr old man that has been lifting more weights than he ever did before(which he wouldn't have been able to do that much strength training to make 130 or 135), eating more during all of his training than he ever did before (as he used to have to cut weight-not in his last few fight).

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 am

The guy has gained about 12-14 lbs over a period of 4 years. He did it right and looks great. Manny was dominating that round and JMM threw a perfect punch. Any talk of roids better be backed up with some facts & evidence.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 am

I highly doubt Marquez is on anything. He works his ass off in training camp. It's possible to look that way if you work hard enough, and I'm pretty sure he worked his ass off to win this fight. Both guys know there's a drug test after the fight, so there's no way either would get a positive test.

Last edited by Diego408 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 am

Diego408 wrote:I highly doubt Marquez is on anything. He works his ass off in training camp. It's possible to look that way of you work hard enough, and I'm pretty sure he worked his ass off to win this fight. Both guys know there's a drug test after the fight, so there's no way either would get a positive test.
+1
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:25 am

Wow....

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:54 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
being on PEDs wouldnt have mattered because that punch would have KO'd him either way.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
being on PEDs wouldnt have mattered because that punch would have KO'd him either way.
Yep.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next