The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORAY TEXAS A N M.

5 posters

Go down

HORAY TEXAS A N M. Empty HORAY TEXAS A N M.

Post  dmar5143 Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

ive never been a alabama fan.guys notre dame may be a little darling of the press but there a bridesmaid compared to bama.i hope they lose again because the big darling with one loss will not be counted out of the picture.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

HORAY TEXAS A N M. Empty Re: HORAY TEXAS A N M.

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Its looking more and more like that K State vs Notre Dame game could come off.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Its looking more and more like that K State vs Notre Dame game could come off.
are you kidding? oregon will win out and get in no matter what. notre dame is going to lose to usc anyway so i dont even think about them. plus it will be a shame if they play for the NC because they will get destroyed.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:52 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Its looking more and more like that K State vs Notre Dame game could come off.
are you kidding? oregon will win out and get in no matter what. notre dame is going to lose to usc anyway so i dont even think about them. plus it will be a shame if they play for the NC because they will get destroyed.
...if nd goes unbeaton and makes it to the big game they deserve and earned it.period..if all 3 win out it kansas state vs oregon..nd is third in the polls and i dont see anything changing that.
lets be realistic and honest here instead of dislike for one team and favortism towards another.heres how i see the new ratings.1.ks2.oregon3 nd 4.georgia 5.bama.dont count nobody out guys.first ks wins out.thats realistic.oregon has 2 tough games left and could lose both or maybe one.im rooting for nd but think scal beats them.georgia va alabama in the sec title game.the winner meets ks for the big game.never count out the big darlings of the press.bama or the sec
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:11 am

wining out the season.kstate has 3 games left.texas and the conference championship game could be risks for a slip.oregon has sanford oregon st and a conference championship game.chances for a slip is greater then kstate..notre dame has wake forest and scal.there chances of running that table is best.then theres bama vs georgia for the sec title.if georgia wins and oregon and kansas state slip its nd vs georgia.it can happen maybe better then oregon wining the next 3 with a erratic defense.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 am

I'm loving this! Notre Dame is going to crush Wake and then make U$C look terrible at home. Oregon and that crap defense don't deserve to make the title game; the computers won't help them and voters will respect what the Irish have done after running the table with the hardest schedule of these teams.

K State is solid, I'm thinking that'll be hell of a game for the title. Very Happy
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 am

tobe i hope your right.win a few for the gipper.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Tobe wrote:I'm loving this! Notre Dame is going to crush Wake and then make U$C look terrible at home. Oregon and that crap defense don't deserve to make the title game; the computers won't help them and voters will respect what the Irish have done after running the table with the hardest schedule of these teams.

K State is solid, I'm thinking that'll be hell of a game for the title. Very Happy
I hope it is ND vs K State. If OU is able to win the rest of our games it makes us look damn good. Only two loses would be to the top two teams in the country. Right now based on our loses we should be up there as the top two loss team right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:00 am

i cant believe there is so much love for ND. have you guys seen them play? they are a good team but their offense can hardly score. i agree that if they go undefeated and everybody else loses, they should get into the NC game but i say its a shame because they clearly arent better than oregon, k-state, or bama.

and tobe, oregon doesnt have a great defense but its actually not bad. usc has an elite offense so they scored a lot against oregon but other than that, nobody else has scored on them other than at the end of games when their backups are in. and in no way has ND had the hardest schedule. they have had the easiest.

so i dont like ND, but thats not the reason im saying what im saying. again, we will talk again once usc beats them 38-12. thats my prediction.

and one more little thing. dmar, k-state doesnt have a conference championship game.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:03 am

PP its not the love for notre dame but the fact that a few of us are fans of them threw the years.the good years the great years and the terrible years.have you seen the raiders play recently.same thing a few guys on here are fans of them.true fans.ive been a fan of theres since johnny lattner won the heisman.1949 or so.
i much rather be a fan of a team and root for them then someone who roots against a team every game because they dont like them.there are several years that one of the two best teams did not play for a championship or were froze out coming third.penn state one year unbeaton had that happen dispite the fact they were as good or better then anyone.look at oklahoma state last year.
as a notre dame fan yes i feel there are 2-3 maybe 4 clubs perhaps better then them.i felt the same way when boise state played in a title game and i thought a half dozen teams were better.so what.yes theres a reward for going unbeaton.there should be.
notre dame has yes a history and tradition that represents college football even if that tradition is from the glorious past.nd fans are excited because there doing somethin for perhaps none of us thought they could do.going so far unbeaton and in the conversation for the big game.tradition has returned even if its for just one year.
for 50 or 60 years when colledge football was king and the nfl took a big back seat the irish were amoung the elite.and had for the most part the most difficult schudle.there was a time for over a decade notre dame army and navy were the elite of the elite.the big game of the year was not a title game but army vs navy.the irish played for the most part against both teams every year.
the irish have been viewd as a symbol of the american tradition.the american dream.hot dogs apple pie and notre dame.
folks here complained why do they have a tv deal.its because of that tradition and the fact they have millions of fans nationwide that love them threw the great eras as well as the charlie weis era.id much rather see them play even if i wasnt a fan over the johnny come lately oregon with the ugliest uniforms that you can see.
yes i fear southern cal.and i dont take wake forest for granted since the irish have a small tradition of losing to a team that has no business in beating them.if they go unbeaton yep they earned the right to be there.they climbed weekly from the lower end of the top 25 to the big three.thats a long way up.for the folks that complained when the irish made the top 25 saying they dont belong what are you saying now.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i cant believe there is so much love for ND. have you guys seen them play? they are a good team but their offense can hardly score. i agree that if they go undefeated and everybody else loses, they should get into the NC game but i say its a shame because they clearly arent better than oregon, k-state, or bama.

and tobe, oregon doesnt have a great defense but its actually not bad. usc has an elite offense so they scored a lot against oregon but other than that, nobody else has scored on them other than at the end of games when their backups are in. and in no way has ND had the hardest schedule. they have had the easiest.

so i dont like ND, but thats not the reason im saying what im saying. again, we will talk again once usc beats them 38-12. thats my prediction.

and one more little thing. dmar, k-state doesnt have a conference championship game.
The problem I think everyone has with Oregon is they dont play anyone. So its hard to say that they are this unbeatable great team. K State and ND play a much tougher schedule. And my honest opinion is the top two undefeated teams that play the tougher schedules should be in. ND is much much better than people think. Their defense could shut down Oregon. If they played it would be the first really good team Oregon played this year.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I have 3 teams I root for in NCAA football. They sometimes flip which one is my favorite but I would say Miami, then Notre Dame, and then a little further back is Boise State. I love watching the little guy challenge the system especially to hear every fan of big schools complain up and down even when Boise was winning BCS bowls. I get that media bias might put you in a bowl game but you still have to win it. Same goes for the SEC's run of championships. The other thing is why would there be a media bias for a team that brings in less money.

Anyways, I need to get back on point. Notre Dame and KState have had tougher schedules to this point. Oregon is going to catch up a lot with the last 3 games in terms of SOS. Oregon and KState have looked superior to Notre Dame for sure. All 3 teams have games that can be lost still on the schedule, especially Oregon. The Georgia/Bama winner is waiting. Poor Florida got screwed by Georgia getting the easy games from the other division. UGA didn't have to play Bama, LSU, or TexasAM while Florida had to play LSU and the Aggies. Florida will have the best resume of 1 loss teams if they win out but have no shot.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 am

dmar5143 wrote:PP its not the love for notre dame but the fact that a few of us are fans of them threw the years.the good years the great years and the terrible years.have you seen the raiders play recently.same thing a few guys on here are fans of them.true fans.ive been a fan of theres since johnny lattner won the heisman.1949 or so.
i much rather be a fan of a team and root for them then someone who roots against a team every game because they dont like them.there are several years that one of the two best teams did not play for a championship or were froze out coming third.penn state one year unbeaton had that happen dispite the fact they were as good or better then anyone.look at oklahoma state last year.
as a notre dame fan yes i feel there are 2-3 maybe 4 clubs perhaps better then them.i felt the same way when boise state played in a title game and i thought a half dozen teams were better.so what.yes theres a reward for going unbeaton.there should be.
notre dame has yes a history and tradition that represents college football even if that tradition is from the glorious past.nd fans are excited because there doing somethin for perhaps none of us thought they could do.going so far unbeaton and in the conversation for the big game.tradition has returned even if its for just one year.
for 50 or 60 years when colledge football was king and the nfl took a big back seat the irish were amoung the elite.and had for the most part the most difficult schudle.there was a time for over a decade notre dame army and navy were the elite of the elite.the big game of the year was not a title game but army vs navy.the irish played for the most part against both teams every year.
the irish have been viewd as a symbol of the american tradition.the american dream.hot dogs apple pie and notre dame.
folks here complained why do they have a tv deal.its because of that tradition and the fact they have millions of fans nationwide that love them threw the great eras as well as the charlie weis era.id much rather see them play even if i wasnt a fan over the johnny come lately oregon with the ugliest uniforms that you can see.
yes i fear southern cal.and i dont take wake forest for granted since the irish have a small tradition of losing to a team that has no business in beating them.if they go unbeaton yep they earned the right to be there.they climbed weekly from the lower end of the top 25 to the big three.thats a long way up.for the folks that complained when the irish made the top 25 saying they dont belong what are you saying now.
im all for you being a fan. i dont at all mind anyone being a true fan of a team because i understand. ND is better than i expected them to be. my main problem is that they usually get ranked every year undeservingly. this year they are ranked correctly. again, i am 100% for them getting into the NC game if they are 1 of 2 undefeated teams. i would still say that they arent as good as other teams that have 1 loss but without a playoff system, an undefeated team should always get the nod.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:43 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i cant believe there is so much love for ND. have you guys seen them play? they are a good team but their offense can hardly score. i agree that if they go undefeated and everybody else loses, they should get into the NC game but i say its a shame because they clearly arent better than oregon, k-state, or bama.

The problem I think everyone has with Oregon is they dont play anyone. So its hard to say that they are this unbeatable great team. K State and ND play a much tougher schedule. And my honest opinion is the top two undefeated teams that play the tougher schedules should be in. ND is much much better than people think. Their defense could shut down Oregon. If they played it would be the first really good team Oregon played this year.
im not saying that oregon has played a great schedule so far but they have played a few solid teams. a lot of the pac 12 teams are underrated though. its not like the SEC where you lose once at drop 1 spot then win once and gain 20 spots. oregon has played 3 ranked teams. usc was their only game that was even close. nobody can stop their offense. arizona and arizona state were both supposed to be great defensive teams but oregon put in their 3rd and 4th string players after the half. actually, usc is the only game this whole year that the starters actually stayed in the whole game. oregon always pulls out their starters at the half because they are destroying the other team too badly. but again, like you said, they play stanford and oregon state next. both high ranked teams and oregon should easily win them both. after that happens and then easily wins the conference title game, they will for sure be going to the NC game. and there is a reason they are #1 in the human polls. its because they are the best.

k-state has had a solid schedule. it wasnt brutal but wasnt easy so i give them props and understand why the computers have the #1. ND has really only played OU. stanford was pretty good but ended controversially. they also beat a way overrated michigan and michigan state team. neither of those teams are even good. plus, they almost lost to purdue, byu, and pitt which are all below average. oregon and k-state have never come close to losing. that is a huge reason why they should be ranked over ND though. its hard to not put in the 2 teams that have destroyed every opponent over a team that has struggled against subpar opposition.

i guess the argument is kind of pointless until the end of the season anyway because if someone loses, the debate is over. so we will see.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:25 pm

I remember in 2000 people arguing that ou didn't deserve to be there that it should be Florida state vs Miami again. Then we shut down thier offense that was too explosive for us! Lol

I am not saying ND is 2000 ou but to me after watching them shut down ou the way they did makes me think that thier defense will make it tough for anyone
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:43 am

Soonermark890 wrote:I remember in 2000 people arguing that ou didn't deserve to be there that it should be Florida state vs Miami again. Then we shut down thier offense that was too explosive for us! Lol

I am not saying ND is 2000 ou but to me after watching them shut down ou the way they did makes me think that thier defense will make it tough for anyone
i guess it just depends where you rank OU's offense. that game was easily NDs best game. if that was the only game that i had watched of them then i would say that are very good. i have just seen too many games where they struggle against below average teams. if we had the 4 team playoff this year then the debate wouldnt exist. we could have oregon, k state, ND, and the SEC conference champion play to actually see who the best was.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh, in case you all missed it: NOTRE DAME IS #1 (or will be when the BCS rankings come out today). W00t.

After we smoke UScum next week we'll be all set for the National Championship! Very Happy I'm freaking out right now. Coming into the season I was thinking 8-4 would be reasonable. This is amazing.

I almost feel bad that Matt Barkley got hurt and may not play next week - hate to give the Trojan bums any excuses when we curbstomp them. Also wished that Oregon could have managed to win, I would have loved to see my Irish shut out that gimmick offense in January. But hell, bring on Alamaba or whoever now - Notre Dame IS the team of Destiny!
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:38 pm

tobe we still have to win one more.yes 8-4 was what i felt would be a good run this year.i loved that oregon and ks lost but the winner of bama georgia will be a hard game.i hope the irish win because a all sec title game with florida georgia or bama could happen.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 pm

I still think UF is the most deserving 1 loss team but they won't get the consideration since UGA is in the SEC Championship game. Florida's one possession loss on a neutral field to UGA has to be considered a better loss than UGA getting slaughtered on the road or Bama losing at home. Bama has beaten LSU while Florida might have wins over LSU, aTm, South Carolina, and FSU. That is a resume deserving of a shot. The voters don't agree with me at all but I stick by it.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:07 pm

dmar5143 wrote:tobe we still have to win one more.yes 8-4 was what i felt would be a good run this year.i loved that oregon and ks lost but the winner of bama georgia will be a hard game.i hope the irish win because a all sec title game with florida georgia or bama could happen.
I am still shocked about KS losing to Baylor.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down